:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DC4/DC2 Chassis integra ANTI BUMP STEER KIT?  (Read 4997 times)

NoPistons!

DC4/DC2 Chassis integra ANTI BUMP STEER KIT?
« on: June 17, 2009, 12:59:49 AM »

Cant seem to find one.

I know they make tie rod spacers that space the tie rod from the steering knuckle to level them out but is there anything for the LCA's?

My friend has a shitload of bump steer on his integra (almost scary for me to drive but he's used to it) and i told him it would make a world of difference if we could get rid of it but still keep the car low.

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
Re: DC4/DC2 Chassis integra ANTI BUMP STEER KIT?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:05:18 AM »

raise the car so it aint dumped. never heard of anything like that for a teg
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

NoPistons!

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:44:16 AM »

Nah, we're not raising the car. 

If worse comes to worse, next year when i get my tools and shop done, i'll mod some lca's from a junkyard teg and we'll test those out.  I'm really hoping they have a kit though.  It's his car, he likes it but it can be better.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG

BoostForLife

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 02:36:14 AM »

Use quality suspension components with correct alingment and you shouldn't have this type of non-sense.
I bet some of his bushing are ripped or bolts are loose.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 04:22:57 AM »

Bump steer on our Honda's cannot be fixed with designing a new knuckle. RealTime has the design, but never went thru the manufacturing process.

Basically flip the tie rod and move forward to clear the rims. Side benefit is quicker steering ratio.

No need to same the car that low. Also with car being that low you will run into axle issues, the outers will end up exploding.

Marty @ Raxles has a cure, ask for the Ruck/Sandbox specials.

OG before the OG'#039#039s

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 08:28:56 AM »

Use quality suspension components with correct alingment and you shouldn't have this type of non-sense.

Why teh fuck do you keep sayign dumb shit like this.  Its quite obvious you have no idea what teh fuck is going on there.  You like a new Cornhole or cornfused, every damn thread full of horseshit.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

BoostForLife

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 01:00:55 PM »

Why teh fuck do you keep sayign dumb shit like this.  Its quite obvious you have no idea what teh fuck is going on there.  You like a new Cornhole or cornfused, every damn thread full of horseshit.
From personal experience of a dumb friend who used a lot of ebay shit on his car and nothing got alinged. A slight bump and shit would go all over the road and you would hit your head in the roof of the car. I also don't get the point of lowering your car nearly to the ground because some think it's cool.
I dont really car what people do with their suspension of their cars, as long as mine is as stock as possible.

racingtiger

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 02:11:03 PM »

Seriously, unless the car has a smooth under pan with some ground effects on it (in other words you plan on racing Formula 1, 3 or GP2) then you really have no business driving a car that low.  Unless you like attracting cops and getting tickets because you look like an extra from the Fast and the Furious 1, 2 or 4

NoPistons!

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 01:39:51 PM »

Car does not have aero on it.  Maybe a lip kit and splitter with a type r rear spoiler.  I want to put a rear diffuser and itr skirts on it but it's up to him.  I love diffusers

From personal experience of a dumb friend who used a lot of ebay shit on his car and nothing got alinged. A slight bump and shit would go all over the road and you would hit your head in the roof of the car. I also don't get the point of lowering your car nearly to the ground because some think it's cool.
I dont really car what people do with their suspension of their cars, as long as mine is as stock as possible.

Well, you're a fucking retard and have no idea what causes bump steer.

Stock is for losers who only go in straight lines and drive to the grocery store.

The tie rod angle is part of the equation. We're going to get megan racing tie rod ends and run them from the bottom.  Also getting pillowball front mounts. The other part of the equation is the angle of the lower control arms.  I'd mod the control arm at the outer most point to raise the ball joint UP to get the control arms at the proper angle.  Bye bye bump steer.

I'll check out that link that was posted.

Everyone else get the fuck out of my thread if you're just going to post bullshit.  I want bumpsteer correction, not your worthless post taking up bandwidth.  Last i heard this is a tech site and not everyone on here is mentally retarded.

Car was built for the sole intention of auto x and road racing/touge while being streetable.  I'm trying to talk him into keeping it all motor and just making it super responsive. Itb's and itr internals, maybe an agressively ported b16a head with toda vtec killers. If not, we'll be boosting it on about 8lbs next year with a ball bearing t28 from an s15 silvia, only doing arp headstuds, a port job and mls headgasket, hone and re-ring.  It all depends on what he wants and what his budget is.

Car has full poly bushings, sway bushings, ball joint boots, front and rear camber adjustment, Blox rlca's with energy suspension bushings turned down and press fitted since they were inteded for that oe cast iron bullshit, coilovers, front h brace, short throw (not short stick height) shifter that's tighter than a virgin on prom night, poly motor mounts, poly trailing arm bushings, next is an obx lsd with "aftermarket" conical washers.  We dont bullshit around with our builds.  We know what we are doing. Again, all i asked for was help correcting bump steer.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:55:55 PM by NoPistons! »

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 01:56:58 PM »

Everyone else get the fuck out of my thread if you're just going to post bullshit.  I want bumpsteer correction, not your worthless post taking up bandwidth.  Last i heard this is a tech site and not everyone on here is mentally retarded.

Car was built for the sole intention of auto x and road racing/touge while being streetable.  I'm trying to talk him into keeping it all motor blah blah blah blah im gay i suck cocks.

Yeah you just lost your tech help from "the retards" right there.  way to fuck it up

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 03:55:49 PM »

i  have seen J's Racing and MFactory kits... never really noticed an issue on my car, so im not gonna go threw the trouble of replacing them yet...
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »

whats bump steer and how do i get some?

racingtiger

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 05:53:10 PM »

So if you REALLY knew what you were doing, you wouldn't have a problem with bump steer.  Knowledgablities and a craptastic ride are mutually exclusive. 

BAM! YOU JUST GOT LAWYERED!

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »

My EF had some hella bump steer when it was only lowered about 2". I never even bothered to fix it, traded the car soon after.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 10:23:06 PM »

You can't run the tie-rods from the bottom on a factory knuckle, it won't clear the rim.

If you wanna discuss this further, maybe try looking into SCCA Forums, but you ARE gonna get the same answers I just gave you.

I'll be at Mid Ohio this weekend, with real racers. Maybe even try attending IT Spectaculatr at Mid Ohio, end of July, beginning of August.

Their will be 4-5 cars entered running stuff I've built.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 01:50:54 AM »

Bump steer on our Honda's cannot be fixed with designing a new knuckle. RealTime has the design, but never went thru the manufacturing process.

Basically flip the tie rod and move forward to clear the rims. Side benefit is quicker steering ratio.

No need to same the car that low. Also with car being that low you will run into axle issues, the outers will end up exploding.

Marty @ Raxles has a cure, ask for the Ruck/Sandbox specials.

Correct, all the roadrace and auto-x cars fielded by high dollar race teams were at most 1/2" below stock ride height.   Chuck and I have known about this for over a decade, when it was first discussed in the original technical internet forum for Hondas.

Hey, CompleteFaggot!, would you like to return to HT or some other trash forum where you probably aren't welcome anyway?  Wednesday is coming again, and I've put your name in the hat.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 02:43:20 AM »

don't call me chuck and JD you weren't there.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 06:57:47 AM »

You know various people keep trying to set each other up to call you Chuck, have for years?

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 08:00:08 AM »

I'm Chuck!  >:(

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 06:58:59 PM »

Slammed to the ground makes a car handle like it is on rails.

DURRRRRRRRRRR

Retard checking in.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »

Slammed to the ground makes a car handle like it is on rails.

DURRRRRRRRRRR

Retard checking in.

but dt chit is madz tiyt JdyMz

NoPistons!

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 01:53:23 AM »

Well, i guess we'll be doing modified lca's then.

Those of you that helped, thanks.  I can't talk him into blowing another $350 (or more) just to do bump steer correction.  He says it's fine, I say it can be better....he's like, "give me the nig nog hookup and make it right, reliable and strong."

For the record, dumped cars ARE the shit.  But he's not dumped.  Still running 55's on factory 15's with about an inch of fender gap.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up