:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who has FTA knowledgeabilities?  (Read 1772 times)

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
Who has FTA knowledgeabilities?
« on: July 21, 2009, 12:00:59 PM »

So I recently got a TwinHan 1020A PCI FTA card. Now unfortunately it's a bitch to get working in Vista and won't load drivers at all in 7. So I am having to install a dual boot of XP right now so it will install the card right. So hopefully that will have the installation done.

My question is how do you program the PCI cards? I know with the FTA receivers you can load bin files to allow you to pick up D**H N**W**k on 1 1 9 and 1 1 0. I have no idea how to go about this with the card. Or is it all software controlled? All the damn forum I find only allow talk of actual FTA channels, which really doesn't help out at all.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
Re: Who has FTA knowledgeabilities?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »

what are you trying to get? bell or dish? they are both fucked right now.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 12:50:46 PM »

The only thing out there at this point is IKS, or true FTA. Narga 3 encryption is in full effect, I don't expect to see it broken for some time, like 6 months to a year, maybe longer.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 12:53:07 PM »

DN. I got XP installed, but I can't connect to the interweb because it doesn't install drivers automatically and doesn't have them for the LAN connection apparently. This should be fun having to track down all the drivers for that crap.

The only thing out there at this point is IKS, or true FTA. Narga 3 encryption is in full effect, I don't expect to see it broken for some time, like 6 months to a year, maybe longer.

Damn, well that sucks. So FTA is pretty much useless right now unless you want to watch FTA? lol

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 05:10:57 PM »

Yep

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 01:42:05 AM »

I thought IKS was just a FTA receiver that downloaded updates automatically?

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 10:13:04 AM »

IKS can also be used to share a card. Which is what it is doing right now, this is why receivers such as nfusion are still able to work with the new Narga 3. They haven't cracked it, they are just sharing a working card, this is also why there is no ppv / ppm channels unlocked with it.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 10:28:20 AM »

Ah so you have to have a paying account still?

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 10:59:56 AM »

No, you are hooked to the Nfusion server, they provide that "card" for free, as it keeps people buying there units. I have a feeling before to long unit sales will start to level off, and not long after that it will become a paid subscitiption or it will just no longer be available, but I am just speculating there.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »

Yeah I imagine they are seeing a nice spike in sales recently. Thinking about just throwing the card back on eBay since it serves me no purpose right now. I wouldn't mind getting a nFusion IKS if I wasn't too worried about them crapping out a month from purchase.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »

... I wouldn't mind getting a nFusion IKS if I wasn't too worried about them crapping out a month from purchase.

That is exactly where I am at. I almost bit the bullet way back when my B3V started to go down in February, but decided to wait it out, I kinda wish I would have bought it then, as: It was a lot cheaper, and I would have gotten at least 6months out of it, now it's hard to say.

Pages: [1]   Go Up