:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: any gm techs? need a service bulletin ASAP  (Read 865 times)

Tim

• Certified OG
any gm techs? need a service bulletin ASAP
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:51:06 PM »

I bought new rear shocks for my cadillac and the gm clerk that gives me a hookup told me there was a service bulletin for installation.  the part number changed to a new part and if I don't follow this bulletin it voids the warranty on my new shocks.

Problem is she couldn't seem to find the bulletin number so she could print it for me.

I put the shocks in, they are different but seem to ride beautifully.  I'm getting a clunk noise from the ass end over bumps now though.

Can anyone look up this bulletin for me and make sure i'm not blowing my new shocks?  I'd throw it on a lift and look at it but i'm supposed to be on the road driving to charlotte right now.

Thanks guys, let me knwo if you need any other info. car is a 2003 cadillac deville base model with the self leveling rear air suspension.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
Re: any gm techs? need a service bulletin ASAP
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »

05-03-08-002b only talks about warranty labor ops, but thats all thats listed for the shocks themselves

Another about the upper strut mounts, but not shocks.

Mitchell ondemand btw.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

darkelvis

• Certified OG
  • RHMT King of Rice
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 07:38:36 PM »

I'm getting a clunk noise from the ass end over bumps now though.

Another about the upper strut mounts, but not shocks.

shoulda replaced the upper mounts...now you gotta pull that shit apart again to get rid of your clunk. :)

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 01:06:14 AM »

upper mounts were included with the new shocks, and 'all that shit' was only 4 bolts and 4 nuts took less than an hour from pulling into the garage to backing out without a lift.  I guess I was worried about nothing really.

didn't look at it but I think I got it tracked down.  Once I loaded the trunk it pumped up and the clunking is gone, I'm thinking I need to readjust the level sensor so it doesn't vent all the air unloaded.  Without air part of the shock slid down and was smacking the top mount from the looks of it.  I just put 400 miles or so and it road great.  The one bulletin about 'concern for air fittings to the new shocks' may be something to look into also, if it's bleeding out air it will probably ride like shit too.

Plus I thought about it, for less than $200 I put new front brakes and new rear struts on it.  It would have cost a hell of alot more for a last minute rental for the week and it took shit for time to do.  If I fuck the shocks up and void the warranty it is still far cheaper to buy a second set of shocks, but even then I'm sure I can talk em into swapping them out for a new set even if it was my fault.

Thanks for the help, I'm over halfway to my destination I'll just rock it there and back next weekend and deal with anything I fuck up if anything

ShoofIsLudin

Pages: [1]   Go Up