:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone used a steam cleaner on their car?  (Read 1076 times)

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
Anyone used a steam cleaner on their car?
« on: November 23, 2009, 12:21:36 PM »

I've heard a few people steam cleaning their car and a couple of the car detailers  around town do it too. Thought about picking one up at Wal-Mart to steam the engine bay and all the interior pieces that are out of the rex, but not sure if it would be worth my time. Thought about this one:

http://www.walmart.com/Mcculloch-Mc1275-Heavy-Steam-Cleaner/ip/10771195

1slow91hf

Re: Anyone used a steam cleaner on their car?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:47:50 PM »

simple green and a power wash for under the hood  :noel:

the steam cleaner is good for carpet and seats but interior trim panels/pieces wont be helped much
boost-booze-boobies, what more to life is there?

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »

It's for like the hard plastice pieces on the interior that have the years of caked on crud. My last car I did it by hand and spent two days at about 6 hrs a day doing it. Figured the steam would cut through it faster. We lent our pressure washer to my uncle and now the bitch is broke  :'(

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 01:14:40 PM »

Yeah the steam works on the fabrics i don't know about the plastics but it makes sense it would work.

There is a place I worked next to that detailed cars from auction alot and they used this stuff called wheel acid for under hoods. the stuff worked great. but it was scary as it took some guys nail off that wasn't careful with it.

but it turned the nastiest cast aluminum to looking brand new. so worth it if your careful.

fysh

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »

One of the best steamers I've ever used was working @ a custom upholstery shop. It was an old glass tank unit, no trigger but the handle had an triangle shaped attachment that you would wrap a terry cloth on. did some miracle style cleanup on seats and headliners because you could physically scrub while direct steaming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up