:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: motion detector anti theft measure  (Read 2223 times)

jay

motion detector anti theft measure
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:51:06 PM »

this is a fairly simple anti theft measure intended to stop those "i woke up in the morning and my car was gone out of my driveway" threads!

this anti theft measure is motion sensor that runs on a 9v battery.. when its tripped it sends a signal to the receiver which you have plugged into the wall... then the receiver opens a switch turning on whatever you have plugged into the receiver (a radio or an alarm to wake you up or whatever)

so scenario is someone breaks into the car and trips the motion sensor which sends the signal to the receiver which turns on the radio or whatever means you need to wake your ass up and run outside with a bat..

from when they pry open your door to when they turn on the car there is LESS THAN TWO MINUTES!!!! so even if they dont trip the motion sensor till the first 20 seconds you got about a minute to get your ass outside... this is for a honda atleast..

as far as false alarms go the motion sensor seems finicky.. like it takes a couple seconds (once it took 15 seconds) to trip the sensor.. but most of the time it was instananeous

this is what you get in the package.. it doesn't come with a battery..

this is the receiver that plugs into the wall.. you have various settings for how long you want it to turn whatever it is you plug into it on

the back of the receiver where you plug in whatever you want.. and the channel switch so you can run two of these suckers.

this is the motion sensing part.. it runs on a 9v battery...

its pretty small and has a mounting part

you have various dials.. sensitivity.. channel a or b.. and night mode.. off and day mode

9v battery compartment

5 inches wide

3 inches tall

plugged the receiver into the wall and power came on

for this test im using a fan (had a house fire that's why its charred)

plug the fan into the receiver and i set it to channel B

set the transmitter to channel b and night mode and stowed it in a closet in the far corner of the house..

receiver set to off...

fans off (durr)

set the receiver to 5 minutes activation (after the motion sensor is tripped and it transmits to the receiver the receiver will keep whatever it is you have plugged in for 5 minutes)

sent my sister to the closet and didn't tell her where there transmitter was.. (she didn't even know what it looked like)
the second she went in the closet the fan came on

the product is pretty cheap.. but im continuing testing.. im going to experiment with removing the casing on the transmitter to give it a lower profile

i will be doing a lot more testing..

more importantly im going to talk to the ebay seller to see if we can get them cheaper or a group buy or whatever

but if you want to buy one now for 30 bucks here is the link..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390152867223&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

ill keep updating this thread as i do more tests and experiment with giving the transmitter a lower profile

I want you to die

Stone cold killin sandnog from the motherfuckin low cash, fuck ya, getcha pee pee wet. ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829   http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3871/detroit187.jpg

Jorsher

• Certified OG
Re: motion detector anti theft measure
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:54:03 PM »

So, I could easily connect this to some sort of explosive device?

jay

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:00:18 PM »

So, I could easily connect this to some sort of explosive device?

lol no the 9v transmitter sends to the 110v receiver thats plugged into the wall
i suppose you can run it off the car inverter.. meh

I want you to die

Stone cold killin sandnog from the motherfuckin low cash, fuck ya, getcha pee pee wet. ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829   http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3871/detroit187.jpg

jay

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 11:03:48 PM »

I want you to die

Whitey

• the Few, the Proud, the Exiled
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 12:03:26 AM »

If you are the original Buk, good to see you back

Stealthmode

• Mufukkken 5 black Star General
  • Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 12:06:51 AM »

I've never seen what should be in video forum, portrayed in pictures only. Interesting....
I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

jay

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 12:42:19 AM »

I've never seen what should be in video forum, portrayed in pictures only. Interesting....

never seen my recipe threads? :(

I want you to die

colt45

• Mista Pimpsta
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:59:50 AM »

pigeon pot pie maw-fucka

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 01:24:19 AM »

no one but buk could make a post like this  ::)

next week how to spend only 20$ shipped to keep your pants from falling off using a pulley system (in 30 pictures or less)
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

jagojon3

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 01:47:19 AM »

Cmon you gotta love buk threads  8)

Turkey soup pancakes sir

1991civicsi

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 01:57:30 AM »

Welcome back buk
"quotquotThis ain'#039#039t no forum, its a gang.. "quotquot BigDaddyVtec

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 04:01:38 AM »

Its nice to you see you back sand cracker  :mexi:
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 04:23:04 AM »

I have something like this. Except it's hooked up to my car alarm, go figure. Yeah they could disable the 2 sirens before hand, maybe they can find the 2 latched kill relays that won't 'unkill' if power is lost, and maybe they can reach the main relay's new spot to rewire it. Good luck to them. My only beef is that it's radar-based, and will also sense animals that crawl below my car.

Honestly this is not bad. I'd probably build a regulator to allow cig lighter power just in case, and strip down the sensor housing. Put it in a pink teddy bear or something they wouldn't touch and you'd be a bit more secure.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Adam Lofton

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 04:59:41 AM »

If you are the original Buk, good to see you back

Jay is the original trail bomer. buk9tp is a JD spoof account.
Pages: [1]   Go Up