:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Piece of shit neon is broken, help fixing it?  (Read 7072 times)

Avistar23

Re: Piece of shit neon is broken, help fixing it?
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »

try a known good crank sensor, crank sensor can fail and throw no code, usually they crack inside the block, looks fine from outisde

i agree, i had alot of issues with my neon and this.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II CE9A -- Holset powered

F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel

International 4900 DT 466E
Freightliner Fl115 M11 CelectPlus

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »

Now that I do a quick google, bad ecu's aren't uncommon for neons. However, sounds like a bad ecu will not activate the fuel pump either - and you seem to have fuel. BTW my beater del sol is having a weird issue where it sometimes won't PRIME the pump, but will power it while you crank or while the engine runs. Basicly I have to crank 3x longer and hold the pedal down. In my case it's probably a bad main relay.

I'll also assume you checked for spark with a inline light, timing gun, or the old skool remove-a-plug way. A dying coil can fire through air but not compressed/fueled air, or only through a reduced plug gap.

I usually say this regardless of someone's engine knowledge - on a basic level, an engine needs fuel, spark, & compression. Advanced, it needs that all in the right amounts or at the right time. If you've checked you have all that stuff, the next step is to find out how much & when you're getting it. BTW ether starting fluid works great since it evaporates much faster than gas, much harder to flood with it.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

LS1pwNzJ00

• FagoJon is queer bait
  • Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 12:29:56 PM »

I did the old skool remove a plug way, i'll check the timing and i think you may be right about the coil, maybe its not strong e nough because it seems to have everything it needs...
http://<ltltimg src="quotquothttp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3b3icaMwV1qzy9ouo1_500.jpg"quotquot nbspnbsp width="quotquot200"quotquot height="quotquot400"quotquot>gtgt

NoPistons!

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

Kill it with fire?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up