:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: cheap HID site  (Read 14521 times)

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: cheap HID site
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »

Stripped both of them out of their housings.  Protip: just use a fucking pneumatic grinder with a cutoff wheel and be done with it... goddamn. 

I fixed the other one where the braided sheath was pulled out from the retaining clip on the ballast housing, and plugged it up to test.  They both work fine.  :)

NoPistons!

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=universal%20projector%20fog%20lights&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=909

Universal projector fogs.

Anyone with some skill and patience can get these to work in stock housings.  They range from $35-90 a pair and come in a variety of styles.  I'm not a fan of halo lights and when i searched a few months back that's all i came up with until i saw a couple of cool diy retrofits using these.  www.fiberglassforums.com has some good writeups on retrofitting these into stock housings.

If you do have the money, DO get tsx projectors and ballasts together.  They can be found for $200 or less if you look in the right places and they'd make life alot easier.

+1 for wanting to stab people for blinding the shit out of me with their poorly constructed hid shit....  I highbeam flash, blow the horn and flip the bird on my commute to and from work every day.  I used to think maybe my vision was bad or my windsheild was dirty but truth is, people DO NOT aim their headlights, do not do hid's the right way (illegal to put hid bulbs in stock housing actually, regardless of color.....  Projectors are fine if the cutoff is right) or drive with their highbeams on because they dont give a fuck about other people on the road.  I have TERRIBLE road rage.  I've flipped a bitch and tailgated people with my highbeams on blowing the horn until they pull off the road.  Maybe it'll scare them into getting their shit together.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »

I should take apart one of these projectors again and snap a pic.  The cutoffs are really dead nuts simple.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2010, 01:52:44 PM »

I usually get some jackass w/ thier highs on sitting on my ass to get me to speed on a shitty road.

I grab my 2 million candle power spot light and extend my are towards the back glass of my hatchback.

Watch those fuckers give me a 1/2 mile space behind me. ;D

Phate

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »

I usually get some jackass w/ thier highs on sitting on my ass to get me to speed on a shitty road.

I grab my 2 million candle power spot light and extend my are towards the back glass of my hatchback.

I like this idea.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

1slow91hf

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2010, 04:17:31 PM »

or do a quick wiring job and thieve any of the hundred rednecks AUX lights off their "mud" truck and set it up off the license plate  :mexi:
boost-booze-boobies, what more to life is there?

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2010, 08:44:58 PM »

or do a quick wiring job and thieve any of the hundred rednecks AUX lights off their "mud" truck and set it up off the license plate  :mexi:

Use one of those launchpads to strobe some of the high power LEDs at them.  I forget what frequency is the most disorienting...

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »

Use one of those launchpads to strobe some of the high power LEDs at them.  I forget what frequency is the most disorienting...

LOL I like that idea.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2010, 12:12:45 AM »

I recall it being ~17Hz. I saw a story where asian anime shown during flights were making people throw up due to constant flashing during the movie. 2mil candlepower light works great though.

It appears that most of those universal projector fogs are just xenon bullshit, which is not real High Intensity Discharge. No ballast, no HID. Stuff like 70 watt KC's are real, but all the shit is usually integrated into the round light, and no care given to shield the beam to on-coming traffic. You can fuck around with retrofitting a CDM bulb into a CDM projector housing, but the truth is the only effective way (for light output and blinding/fuzz-avoidance) is to use real projectors & HID's fitted into a gutted stock housing.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2010, 12:47:16 AM »

I recall it being ~17Hz. I saw a story where asian anime shown during flights were making people throw up due to constant flashing during the movie.

Could be, I'll look it up once the boards come in...sometime in a month or two.  BTW, I remember newscasts about pokemon doing that to epileptic kids
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up