:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fedup!  (Read 4820 times)

rudebwoy

fedup!
« on: May 20, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »

I am sick of these PTE 1600cc injectors and trying to tune them on gas.
so I am getting ready to buy some smaller RC brand injectors decision is between 1000cc and 1200cc what should I choose? they are the same price.

by the way I sent my pte 1000cc in for cleaning and they came back with 2 dead. they were sticking before I sent them pte said the check them and cleaned them, but when I tried to use two don't work.

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
Re: fedup!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 05:38:54 PM »

Maybe its not the injectors?
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »

1600cc are a fucking pain without a driver box.  Having two fail, however, is a WTF? thing in my mind.

Protip: Avoid ALL RC low-Z injectors.  The biggest they have that I would run are their high-Z 750cc.  I direct you towards a set of Precision 1000's, or the Injector Dynamics 1000cc.

rudebwoy

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »

I have a FJO injector driver.
after my 1000cc pte failed Ived been turned off by them, and precision has the shittiest warranty on everything, trust I've been using their shit for years.

JD why do you think pte is better than RC ? from what I understand RC is a major General in injector technology.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 09:06:10 PM »

RC is Major General in modifying someone else's injectors. 

rudebwoy

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 05:40:22 AM »

but from what I've heard their injector runs better than precision, and they have a better support because they do all their own work.
example I called precision to ask about the voltage offset and they did not have a clue what they were or how to get them, I called rc and they told me how to, and where to. I ended up using the ford 150lbs voltage offset, recomemdation from a evo website.

my record with precision is not good, and I wanna change.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »

I can understand tech support issues and not feeling a brand is standing behind their product, but RC does no more work than Precision.  Everybody is taking an OEM injector and modifying it to fit, or flow, to suit.

THe BRMS racecar had an FJO driver box and a set of RC 1600cc.  It was touchy at light throttle, poor idle, etc.  It has Precision 1000cc's back in it now, and if the car ever needs more than 700 whp the FJO driver box will turn on with VTEC and control some secondaries because those 1600cc's suck at small flow rates.  I've been told they are okay with alcohols or E85, and I've also been told that no one buys RC 1600cc for gas applications - everyone runs Bosch - for the same reasons I'm complaining about.

Having dealt with more Precision 880/1000 than any injector, and having dealt with the poor atomization and idling characteristics of 750cc+ RC low-Z injectors, i cannot recommend them to anyone.  That being said I love their high-Z 750cc like no other, have gotten some very high mpg lean burn cruise setups working off of them because they do a wonderful job of atomising fuel.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 05:04:38 PM »

The Rc injectors are bosch 1600's, Same as the PTE's. 

I've tuned quite a few 1600's on daily driver w/o any issues. I've also done a bunch on e85, w/o issues.  But i also came up with a solution for this problem(it also slolves a few other issues).  Release for this product will be in a few weeks, but i can sell you one now for 200 bucks, I stand behind it 100% and if you dont feel that it made tuning/running these injectors any better i'll be more than happy to refund your money. (If your tuning on ectune, i can send you a great startup map)

but if your dead set on smaller injectors get the bosch 1000's,
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:23:21 PM by sewell94 »
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 02:57:52 AM »

Cool, because when I told you the problem I was having with BRMS' car you told me

I've also been told that no one buys RC 1600cc for gas applications - everyone runs Bosch - for the same reasons I'm complaining about.

:P

BTW, where's the driver box??

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 03:46:26 AM »

Cool, because when I told you the problem I was having with BRMS' car you told me

I've also been told that no one buys RC 1600cc for gas applications - everyone runs Bosch - for the same reasons I'm complaining about.

That quote is kinda confusing,  i dont recall saying that or you mentioning any issues with the Brms car. It must have been someone else,

I tried to send you one awhile back to try on mr2 guru's car(because of lack of battery comp tables), but you basically said that the car was a chimney, and he was a lazy bastard,  so it'd be awhile before you'd be tuning it.

They work awesome(lmk when your actually ready for one)

AND how am i supposed to send you some product to do some testing when our still haven't given me photo results on our other test????
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 04:40:05 AM by sewell94 »
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 06:31:33 PM »

That quote is kinda confusing,  i dont recall saying that or you mentioning any issues with the Brms car. It must have been someone else,

I tried to send you one awhile back to try on mr2 guru's car(because of lack of battery comp tables), but you basically said that the car was a chimney, and he was a lazy bastard,  so it'd be awhile before you'd be tuning it.

AND how am i supposed to send you some product to do some testing when our still haven't given me photo results on our other test????

Harry isnt lazy, he's busy. And JE rings are a form of failure on the 3sgte apparently.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 11:47:21 PM »

[quote/

Harry isnt lazy, he's busy. And JE rings are a form of failure on the 3sgte apparently.

Those were your roommates words, not mine.

I know of a 3sgte that used to run Je pistons and rings rings w/o any issues(ran 8's few years back).

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:49:53 PM by sewell94 »

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 12:59:11 AM »

Shows what you know.  While you are slaving away for Porsche of America of a morning, Harry is wasting up to two hours (1/4 of a work day) drinking coffee with me at Earthfare instead of going to work.  I know lazy when it sits across the table from me, swapping lies with a Franch accent.

:-*

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 10:16:01 AM »

Shows what you know.  While you are slaving away for Porsche of America of a morning, Harry is wasting up to two hours (1/4 of a work day) drinking coffee with me at Earthfare instead of going to work.  I know lazy when it sits across the table from me, swapping lies with a Franch accent.

:-*

So your saying your a bad influence on him?  :P

blowoff valves are for pussies.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »

Me?  I smell like roses...

rudebwoy

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 11:30:35 AM »

been a while.
the car runs great on E85 could not ask for a better running car, but when I put gas in I can't tune it to save my life in a low speed cruise, rich as hell, and tune keeps changing, I was wondering if it was being cause by the zeitronix/aem map sensor, but it don't seem like its the problem because the car runs good on ethanol. I am gonna switch to a hondata 4 bar sensor but thats on another note.

my precision 1000cc injectors 2 of them don't work, I sent them in to precision and they cleaned them sent them back after talking me into buying a set of 1600cc. but the 1000cc injectors are still dead, I ask them to exchanged them and they said there is no warranty on injectors. so Precision as played themselves out with me. next brand please.

for the question about driver my injector driver is mounted next to the brake booster.

Kain

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »

been a while.
the car runs great on E85 could not ask for a better running car, but when I put gas in I can't tune it to save my life in a low speed cruise, rich as hell, and tune keeps changing, I was wondering if it was being cause by the zeitronix/aem map sensor, but it don't seem like its the problem because the car runs good on ethanol. I am gonna switch to a hondata 4 bar sensor but thats on another note.

my precision 1000cc injectors 2 of them don't work, I sent them in to precision and they cleaned them sent them back after talking me into buying a set of 1600cc. but the 1000cc injectors are still dead, I ask them to exchanged them and they said there is no warranty on injectors. so Precision as played themselves out with me. next brand please.

for the question about driver my injector driver is mounted next to the brake booster.

thats because e85 needs 33% more fuel to reach the same efficiency as e10.

there are TONS of threads about this shit on rx7 club.

4 1600's are a bitch to get to idle on e10 lemme tell yah. now i run staged 550's and then when boost hits, 1600's all the way. but im on a different motor so i dont know. still shouldnt matter.

stay with e85 unless you dont like the gas millage.

rudebwoy

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 02:11:08 PM »

I don't have to drive the car everyday, so its an ethanol baby.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 12:33:21 PM »

But i also came up with a solution for this problem(it also slolves a few other issues).  Release for this product will be in a few weeks, but i can sell you one now for 200 bucks, I stand behind it 100% and if you dont feel that it made tuning/running these injectors any better i'll be more than happy to refund your money.

I'm guessing by the inferences that it may be a staged injector driver? I was looking into doing something like that with that $80 injector driver they designed for megasquirt, but the guy stopped making boards for it.

Rudebwoy if you could put a 2nd set of injectors in, you can stage them with an ecu's output and 4 small 1amp relays. I intend on doing that if I ever need injectors larger than 1k's.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up