:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I buy a motor for my 91' Cressida?  (Read 5104 times)

patsmx5

• Certified OG
Re: Should I buy a motor for my 91' Cressida?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 02:26:31 PM »

Cressida is WIN.

BTW, cressida's are bad ass.   Selling this to buy a fwd understeering whore of a honda is just stupid.  Anyone who suggests that has fucking down syndrome.

Disagree with you there rotard.  Cressida are fat fucking heavy pigs that make supras look like ballet dancers on the street.  They get piss poor fuel mileage, and it takes significantly more power to make them move like a supra (which is already too heavy).  

Your comment about fwd understeering lends me to believe you dont fully understand suspension dynamics.  You seriously prefer this cressida handling wise over a honda? What sort of crack are you smoking?  Have you ever actually been to an autocross and watched the stock motor hondas whoop ass on sti's and evo's?  For every "good" handling rx7 you produce, there will be 3 honda's that will go faster, and turn in harder than you.  

What this boils down to is cost/dollar.  If the amount of money it takes to get this cressida running + cost of ownership (fuel, parts, etc.) exceeds the projected cost of owning something that will run forever (fwd honda anyone?) then it isnt worth it.  Not when he could sell the car to some supra wankers for $1000+ blown up and make a quick buck.

Well, regardless, I don't want a honda or any FWD car. I don't care how fast a honda is, or how well it turns in on an autocross. Sure, it's better in every way. But I don't want anything to do with one.  :P (holy shit their's some honda fanbois on this site.........)

Cost is low right now. I can probably buy the engine and have the car going with a new motor for 1K. That's worth it for me. If it was gonna cost 2K, then no. But I don't see it costing that much.

On the subject of 7M's, could I not:

Buy an engine, pull the head, check the deck and head for warpage, install a new HG, torque to whatever the correct torque is, and have a good motor that will run N/A for a few years?

Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 02:29:17 PM »

dont knock the 4e, i ran mine hard every day with close to 80mile daily commute and still delivered 42MPG. did this for 3 years strait untill i bought another car, i sold it and the fucker is still going strong.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 02:41:18 PM »

Well, regardless, I don't want a honda or any FWD car. I don't care how fast a honda is, or how well it turns in on an autocross. Sure, it's better in every way. But I don't want anything to do with one.  :P (holy shit their's some honda fanbois on this site.........)

Cost is low right now. I can probably buy the engine and have the car going with a new motor for 1K. That's worth it for me. If it was gonna cost 2K, then no. But I don't see it costing that much.

Buy an engine, pull the head, check the deck and head for warpage, install a new HG, torque to whatever the correct torque is, and have a good motor that will run N/A for a few years?

Sir, I was simply replying to his ignorant comment. I realize you dont prefer hondas in your previous posts.

In reference to 7m's, I seriously doubt there are any left that havent already been apart at least once.  Depending on the quality of the person who replaced the gasket the first time, you may be deeper in it than you think.  Stock HG torque spec is like 36lbft or something stupid, and thats what they get torqued back to by joe shmoe mechanic down the street.  Not to mention the 7m was designed to run on 20w-50, and most folks use 10w-30, which is why alot of them develop rod knock. (7psi oil pressure at idle probably doesnt help). Im sure that having BHG coolant in the oil a few times doenst help either.
Now, if you put that replaced hg 7m you buy in the car and its knocking too, you gotta go in the bottom end.  Not trying to sway your decision at this point, just giving you a perspective Pat.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

chris

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »

zc swap sir

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »

Sir, I was simply replying to his ignorant comment. I realize you dont prefer hondas in your previous posts.

In reference to 7m's, I seriously doubt there are any left that havent already been apart at least once.  Depending on the quality of the person who replaced the gasket the first time, you may be deeper in it than you think.  Stock HG torque spec is like 36lbft or something stupid, and thats what they get torqued back to by joe shmoe mechanic down the street.  Not to mention the 7m was designed to run on 20w-50, and most folks use 10w-30, which is why alot of them develop rod knock. (7psi oil pressure at idle probably doesnt help). Im sure that having BHG coolant in the oil a few times doenst help either.
Now, if you put that replaced hg 7m you buy in the car and its knocking too, you gotta go in the bottom end.  Not trying to sway your decision at this point, just giving you a perspective Pat.
Help is much appreciated Robb, and understand your post was targeted at the rotard.

Never knew they were designed to run 20-50. I guess I could plastigauge the bearings while the oil pan's off to see how the bottom end has worn.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »

I was running 0-30 in my supra w/ 280k miles original bottom end

rawr

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 04:38:27 PM »

After replacing everything you need to replace on that 7m to get it sorted out after how long the car has been sitting you'll be in it for 2k. I've gone that route and that's about what I paid and my motor is pretty slopped out and burns oil.  Fucking waste of time.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 04:46:48 PM »

I was running 0-30 in my supra w/ 280k miles original bottom end

Jordan, yours was clearly maintained properly.  99% of them arent. 

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »

BTW, cressida's are bad ass.   Selling this to buy a fwd understeering whore of a honda is just stupid.  Anyone who suggests that has fucking down syndrome.

Excuse me, Stupid.   You're in Charlotte, I am always at Shadyside.  How about you roll out in something that you think runs well and I'll set you up with multiple Hondas that will smash it into a fragment.   See also: I'll send people to the autocross after you, and make you look stupid.

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »

yea, wish I still had it, body was rusted, but it was a solid beater decently maintained before I took the reigns, took every rapeing I could deliver to it and begged for more.

I put the HG on it when I bought it, Distributor fried when the battery shifted and a connection came off, Trans had the output shaft BS I replaced it, and I put a clutch in it.  Thats all I did to that car in the 120K miles I drove it before killing it in 2.5 feet of water.

racingtiger

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2009, 06:18:03 PM »

280hp is hardly a hotrod.

That's fine though..... 

Now i think you should get rid of it and buy a honda.  You lack vision and ambition.

And you lack the ability to fix bump steer :yes:

90dx

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2009, 09:27:39 PM »

Chevy small block / thread

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2009, 11:12:51 PM »

Turbo Chevy small block / thread

Fixed
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

NoPistons!

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2009, 01:58:46 AM »

Excuse me, Stupid.   You're in Charlotte, I am always at Shadyside.  How about you roll out in something that you think runs well and I'll set you up with multiple Hondas that will smash it into a fragment.   See also: I'll send people to the autocross after you, and make you look stupid.

At the end of the day, i can do a donut and you can't. 

Nuff said.

Oh, and for those calling me a "rotard", as soon as that thing pops, it's getting parted out and sold to make way for either 1jz powah, lt1 t70 turbo powah or ls1 powah........

People can dog the cressida all they want.  It's a cool motherfucking car.  Stock, not stock, it's still cool.  Get an oe motor for it.  Even if it's just a daily.  Who cares.  not everyone and their brother is driving one.  Not a dime a dozen like a honda fail or 240sx with cut springs on steelies with fucking dents everywhere.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:06:25 AM by NoPistons! »

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »

Nuff said.

Oh, and for those calling me a "rotard", as soon as that thing pops, it's getting parted out and sold to make way for either 1jz powah, lt1 t70 turbo powah or ls1 powah........

People can dog the cressida all they want.  It's a cool motherfucking car.  Stock, not stock, it's still cool.  Get an oe motor for it.  Even if it's just a daily.  Who cares.  not everyone and their brother is driving one.  Not a dime a dozen like a honda fail or 240sx with cut springs on steelies with fucking dents everywhere.

Lol how cool it is doesnt matter if you cant out-run grandma's buick regal GS. 

You drive a rotary, and are hinceforth a rotard, until you remove said failure from your vehicle.  Thanks.

Oh yeah, reported.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009, 12:28:30 PM »

I've owned the same RWD sportscar longer than you've been driving, faggot, and I'll still own it when - IF - you ever muster anything that could break deep into the 9s at Shadyside.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up