:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: welding stainless to cast? Pics of miniram i made Criticism wanted  (Read 16299 times)

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
Re: welding stainless to cast? Pics of miniram i made Criticism wanted
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2010, 07:54:30 PM »

I really don't care fact is is has some decent opinions on turbo's, i see through his selling point's he brings up and his pushing of the gt32's. But getting someone's take on a 60-1 is hardly an indication that i'm uneducated on the subject.

Plus the gt3255b i saw in action was pretty damn nice.

bigwig

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2010, 08:17:58 PM »

I really don't care fact is is has some decent opinions on turbo's, i see through his selling point's he brings up and his pushing of the gt32's. But getting someone's take on a 60-1 is hardly an indication that i'm uneducated on the subject.

He's 100% pure bullshit.  People in the know, know.  Believe me.

NoPistons!

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2010, 02:14:09 AM »

oh, it didnt seem to direct. i was like, ive never tryed to tune anything, if someone wants there shit to not even start then have me tune it lol. its the last thing id do on a car, i can wire shit but dont like to. i like fabrication, welding and wrenching on cars, thats about it. everything else is crap, ive done some bodywork/paint work but it fucking blows :yes:

Body work is the devil.

I'm currently fitting "ricer" aero to my rx7 as well as getting rid of some dents and pulling some busted up panels.  It is NOT fun.  I'm with you.  Rather work with metal.

I know people on here aren't fond of my taste or preference by any means but alot of drift guys have been welding stainless to cast and have been having really great results and say "preheating and slow cooling is EVERYTHING".

Also, if your turbo has a bolt pattern on the exhaust outlet you could just buy the flange and weld the v band to it....  If you're that worried it wont cost you that much more than what you've already probably invested.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:16:03 AM by NoPistons! »

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2010, 11:13:28 PM »

You have to do to know, Rass.  Hasn't your new life coach instructed you in this yet?

bigwig

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2010, 11:26:55 PM »

You have to do to know, Rass.  Hasn't your new life coach instructed you in this yet?

Selling turbos on the internet = doing = knowing.  Shit, I should have hired you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up