:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: AC TIG I dont think so  (Read 17126 times)

Jorsher

• Certified OG
Re: AC TIG I dont think so
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 04:58:13 PM »

I stop up in Fond du Lac and Oakfield once a year to visit family, drink beer, and eat brats.

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 06:45:24 PM »

haha yerah i went to a timberrattlers game this past weekend and I have to say only in wisconsin will you find a semi auto brat cannon dubbed the "bratzooka" used to fire brats into the stands.
Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 01:24:17 AM »

haha yerah i went to a timberrattlers game this past weekend and I have to say only in wisconsin will you find a semi auto brat cannon dubbed the "bratzooka" used to fire brats into the stands.
you should come down to brat fest in madison, worlds largest
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »

I'm really considering rigging up a switch to swap polarity on my DC tig and get helium to weld aluminum.

Or find a way to put a spool gun on my mig like JD said. I have seen some nice aluminum mig welds.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

runsfromdacops

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »

I'm really considering rigging up a switch to swap polarity on my DC tig and get helium to weld aluminum.

Or find a way to put a spool gun on my mig like JD said. I have seen some nice aluminum mig welds.
or just buy a used welder that has ac for dirt
GFI co-founder
twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V
built 383. 875/860RW pump/meth @ 18psi
turbo gixxer1000 250rwhp on pump @7psi
turbo integra 601/370 pump/meth @24 psi

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »

You should be able to do that by swapping the two leads. However from what little I know, DCEP leads to 70/30% heat put into tungsten/workpeice. You'd really want a water-cooled torch at that point. You need a lot more energy to weld aluminum, meaning 3-4x as much heat soaked by the torch vs DCEN'ing steel. You need even more energy since DCEP creates a rather shallow weld.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »

i could swap the leads, but i would have to take the cover off everytime i wanted to switch from steel to aluminum. i like the switch idea. i dont see heat being a problem since the thickest aluminum i would be welding  would be fore an intake manifold
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 07:37:18 PM »

here is the back side of the weld and I am going to have to take you up on going to madison
Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

SgtB

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »

Is that line down the middle just sag? Looks odd.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »

i could swap the leads, but i would have to take the cover off everytime i wanted to switch from steel to aluminum. i like the switch idea. i dont see heat being a problem since the thickest aluminum i would be welding  would be fore an intake manifold

that sir is thick aluminum, fuck for 1/4 in aluminum i bet you got to run at least 200 amps. we did this thin (14gauge?) aluminum in school and you had to have the welder cranked (sync 250) and you were still standing on the pedal at the start.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 02:28:49 AM »

that sir is thick aluminum, fuck for 1/4 in aluminum i bet you got to run at least 200 amps. we did this thin (14gauge?) aluminum in school and you had to have the welder cranked (sync 250) and you were still standing on the pedal at the start.

This is true. I used about 170 amps to weld up my intercooler end tanks. they were 1/8 i think.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 10:04:45 AM »

Well, my tig is 200amps and it's something I would rarely do. Sounds like a solid plan. Most of my aluminum welding would be charge pipes and even that would be somewhat rare
obd1>gtgtall

toyolla86

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »

theres no place to buy it on the website or any place that says how much the kit costs.

i mainly do oxy welding and i consider myself a decent oxy welder.

the only way i've been able to weld aluminum with my setup is with the tm2000 setup
with aluminum rod and aluminum welding flux.

do know anymore info on this setup. flux? rod? gas? whats the trick.
twin50 son. get some

and stop acting like a muslim

robus

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2010, 02:53:27 PM »

i think there's some good stuff on tinmantech about oxy welding.

On another note, I've just run a google search for "used ac tig sale" and man I wish i lived in the States
Please note: This came from the home of a cigar smoker who had dogs. If you have any allergies, please don'#39#39t bid

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2010, 06:34:59 PM »

Tinmanwho???

Tinmantech is full of tips and tools for welding aluminum with a torch, it is neither difficult or new - just rare, as we become more technologically driven. 

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 06:46:30 PM »

theres no place to buy it on the website or any place that says how much the kit costs.

i mainly do oxy welding and i consider myself a decent oxy welder.

the only way i've been able to weld aluminum with my setup is with the tm2000 setup
with aluminum rod and aluminum welding flux.

do know anymore info on this setup. flux? rod? gas? whats the trick.

pretty sure you have to call one of the dealers that stocks it they should be able to help you out

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 12:35:45 AM »

So can you.  And?

robus

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 09:19:15 AM »

Tinmanwho??

Tinmantech is full of tips and tools for welding aluminum with a torch, it is neither difficult or new - just rare, as we become more technologically driven. 
lol, i've actually seen the man in action. his skill is unbelievable not just on aluminum.
anyhow i still want an ac tig
Please note: This came from the home of a cigar smoker who had dogs. If you have any allergies, please don'#39#39t bid

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 10:45:52 AM »

lol, i've actually seen the man in action.

OMFG.  Did you inquire as to the relationship status of his daughters, or are you a closet homosexual??

robus

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »

both

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 07:09:35 PM »

.... :?:

toyolla86

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2010, 12:30:19 AM »

so can anybody explain the technology behind this. why cant my regular oxy setup weld aluminum but this one can.
twin50 son. get some

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 12:32:02 AM »

so can anybody explain the technology behind this. why cant my regular oxy setup weld aluminum but this one can.

It can, just need the right rod and flux.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 01:02:33 AM »

I stop up in Fond du Lac and Oakfield once a year to visit family, drink beer, and eat brats.

It's funny how USA have French city name and we have English town name. Nothing to do with this thread, just a random comment.

lol, i've actually seen the man in action.

OMFG.  Did you inquire as to the relationship status of his daughters, or are you a closet homosexual??

Should have quote the comment like this lol

lol, i've actually seen the man in action. his skill is unbelievable lol

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 08:33:15 AM »

You would go there.

toyolla86

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2010, 10:50:29 AM »

yeah i have the tm2000 kit with the rod and flux. but that flux makes me feel like im going to die after i use it. i cant keep my face away from that shit. then when you finish you feel like you have strep throat. its a really bad feeling. like cancer is setting in.
twin50 son. get some

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2010, 11:00:17 AM »

yeah i have the tm2000 kit with the rod and flux. but that flux makes me feel like im going to die after i use it. i cant keep my face away from that shit. then when you finish you feel like you have strep throat. its a really bad feeling. like cancer is setting in.

Respirator?
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

SgtB

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2010, 05:47:16 PM »

Respirator?

No shit. Don't weld anything without a respirator. Pick the right one for the job too. Either organic, or particulate depending on the job.

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »

well i ordered one from the dealer in indiana and should be here by fri.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2010, 03:54:39 AM »

My favorite is welding aluminumized steel in a small closed garage. You're all happy it welded nice, then not far in the future you're all dizzy and feel like your head is about to explode. At the very minimum I wear the cheap SARS mask, but I know I've had enough when I sneeze out black particulates...
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up