:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: FORD engine questions  (Read 8817 times)

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
Re: FORD engine questions
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 04:21:30 PM »

The smaller FE motors are fucking tough as nails. It will take a 250 shot,

I'm pretty sure it'd take more.  Stock 302 take 200 shots if you stud the heads and mains to reinforce the flexi-flier blocks, and this is old school jet-by-the-seat-of-your-pants and generic retard era tech.

That's why I said take that 250 shot, and laugh at you.
 I know it's apples and oranges, but I've witnessed a stock bottom end cadillac 500 take 300hp worth of spray and the same engine in a fox chassis with nothing more than valvetrain and breathing mods went deep in the 9's.  (lux lx's budget fox)

As far as mixing stuff, the intake SHOULD work. All the FE's (and FT's) have the same deck height, and bore spacing. But why would you? Just find a 460 in a yard, re ring, and throw in some bearings, a n20 plate, and spray that slut until you cross a finish line. If you have a good junkyard like we do here, maybe find a LARGE oxygen or equvilant tank for n20 storage. Fuck that 10 and even 15 lb bottle shit.

As far as the slushbox, a c6 with minor valvebody work would be more than adequate for what you are doing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 04:23:22 PM by keelay »
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

jarebear667

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 10:11:49 AM »

its a 5 speed with a split rear we dont race it until next year but we will see about throwing a motort in the bitch ahah
midwest HMT!

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »

as much attn that probably wouldn't get paid to it, I'd say a budget built caddy 500 and alot of spray. Luxlx's initial build was a stock bottom with some valvesprings and rockers to avoid valve float, and a 250-300 shot. Was running low 10's on this setup in a fox chassis. This is where he is now, still driven to his local track 100 miles away. A testament to the raw torque is the fact that he shifts BELOW 5k

LUXLX Mustang
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

jarebear667

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »

very cool!
midwest HMT!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up