:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: bought me an LSX swap!.... ok its a 2000 Silverado..DD status.  (Read 13488 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: bought me an LSX swap!.... ok its a 2000 Silverado..DD status.
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 04:47:56 PM »

yeah, bought that stuff..

recent pic of the truck.

I did a bad thing... I ordered a cam/springs some headgaskets, tools..  guess I'll be pulling the heads to swap the lifters and throw a cam in  8)
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »

yeah, bought that stuff..

recent pic of the truck.

I did a bad thing... I ordered a cam/springs some headgaskets, tools..  guess I'll be pulling the heads to swap the lifters and throw a cam in  8)

*boing*
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »

i really want another short box truck, new or old.

with a sick set of wheels and a 1" drop your truck will be awesome
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2018, 02:03:21 PM »

i really want another short box truck, new or old.

with a sick set of wheels and a 1" drop your truck will be awesome

yeah,. or sure on the wheels. at this point I have wheels as I think they all look like shit. but I do like these oem wheels. probably need some smaller tires though.
I plan on a lower it. maybe, eventually. I think it could use some shocks, so maybe sooner than later.
it does have a rear drop shackle to level it out some.
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »

Spending that money!

I bought a bunch of parts but they're all just sitting in boxes for some future date or different version of myself that doesn't way over commit my time/life away.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 04:23:59 AM »

Spending that money!

I bought a bunch of parts but they're all just sitting in boxes for some future date or different version of myself that doesn't way over commit my time/life away.

yeah. my cam and headgaskets showed up, still waiting on springs (again says priority mail, shipped fedex 3-4day difference). but not sure after the pain of the rear end i want to pull the heads. might sit on this stuff for a min. also i still havent ordered HPT, and i probably need that.

---

so, that was a pain in the ass. pinion didnt want to come out. wasnt reusing it so i kept hitting it with my hammer. the races where even more of a pain in the ass. setting the diff up was frustrating. and the diff was heavy fucker, to lift/hold/install then take back out to do again.

so landlord comes over as he notices me pulling the truck apart, asks if im having fun or whatever... i yank axle out, yup. lol. talked for a bit, and he mentions something about preloading the diff, and other stuff. and i dont ever remember seeing anything about that in any vids i watched or writeups.
well i take a look at the ring gear instructions and it says the diff is not to be loose, and you need to just tap the shims in....well my diff fell out when pulling the caps. she was just loose all over it seems. forgot to take a pic, or any really, but the magnet on the cover was about x2 the size it was suppose to be. nasty.

btw. my landload is cool. has never said shit about me working on my stuff, just pops over to see whats going on, check out my progress (if any). even offers to let me use his tools if i need. i keep to my parking spots, dont work on shit late, and dont leave my driveway looking like a white trash trailer park. he never seems to care.

making a mess. i pulled the dry rotted as fuck spare tire out (a bitch) a couple days before, lot more room under there.

old race...looks good for another round...  :?:

Truetrac & 4.11's in there new home.

looks like the only pics i took. she seems to be a bit quicker down low (like from stop), and little bit through the rpm range. still slow. and bit sluggish in the mid/higher rpms? probably needs cam to move some air? or tune.... deff some boost.
only have about 30miles i think on it. doesnt seem to make any noise anymore. deff not making the ones i was noticing before. no vicious clunk just after take off lol. or the whine just on/off cruising throttle.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 01:00:23 AM »

Looks good what cam did you order? I want to order the sloppy stage 2 for my car. Yeah the one that needs about 100 hours of work and lots of parts...lol
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 08:47:23 PM »

Looks good what cam did you order? I want to order the sloppy stage 2 for my car. Yeah the one that needs about 100 hours of work and lots of parts...lol

I ordered a sloppy stage2 off Amazon. I'll dig a link up later. it was 264bucks I think. pac 1218's off eBay for like 134bucks.
was being cheap and wanted shit quick (didn't install anyway) so I didn't order a new valve spring compressor, but now that I remember I should order the pedestal style. I also ordered a pulled puller off Amazon, oem brand, was green and black.... I'll look for links for this shit, and take some pics tonight if I remember.

btw. same specs on the truck cam as the jegs one I ordered for the Nova way the fuck back. same deal, Matt posted specs and/or link so I ordered lol.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2018, 11:52:29 PM »

links and pics of all the shit i bought thats just sitting here, hopefully, maybe to be installed some day... btw of course the most jewish i could find. and NOTHING NEW. just recycled shit from internet, mainly SloppyMechanics.

cam: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZ7DTZ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
this is the infamous "Sloppy Stage 2 cam"... check the only review. for sure a sloppy customer: "...using for my 03 Silverado 5.3 with a set of pac 1218 valve spring and a 78/75 turbo set up"
found by googling part numbers/specs off the sloppy wiki. like 4 different variants
springs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323289427706?ViewItem=&vxp=mtr&item=323289427706
same deal. its on the wiki. cheap, easy, proven to work. so i ordered them.

both of those are also in the Nova.

random ass LS lifters in a Crane Cams box...maybe oem? maybe crane? the could be fuckin lunati lifters for all i know. but they where free/left over from that whole ls1/ls6 engine thing.

crank pulley puller: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AIRR4EY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
think there was a cheaper one, but this one was green...and i like green.

GMPP headgaskets (LS1/6 i think): https://www.ebay.com/itm/12498544-GASKET-KIT-General-Motors/263003957650?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

:Jew:

frede45

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
  • RHMT
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2022, 03:17:20 AM »

...and it came with a free truck  :P

2000 Silverado LS, 5.3L LM7, regular cab short bed. pretty decent shape. needs a good cut/buff on body and lights. its got some wheels, 03 taillights, speakers (that ill probably replace), billet grill insert, muffler (flowmaster looking) with 2.5'ish tailpipe. runs and drives great.
bought it to use as my new daily driver, and Nova parts hauler.

i flew to Boise ID in the morning, got there like 1pm (different time zone) looked it over, only got a slightly jew price. about 200bucks off, told him he could keep his radio (they put one in it). swapped radios (brought my own) and headed off on my 507mile journey home.... Air conditioning on, cruise control set, tunes playing. pretty much long boring uneventual drive. and proved itself a solid DD. even 90+ deg out, going over mountains/pass'/etc with AC on and CC to 70-75. temp never went above like 195 indicated. got down to 180 on the back side of the mountain.

got to love the higher speedlimits in the middle of no where...

70-80mph pretty much the whole way, up mountains and shit... got about 20mpg.  :-\ good for that truck i guess.

oh yeah:

bought this shit like last week. pre-wired the radio, dropped it in the dash kit, and threw it in my bag. swapped it right there in the dealers lot. lol.... ill probably do the speakers later. its got speakers in it, but i dont know what they are, maybe ill swap them to the Nova...

thats it for now i guess. i have a shitload of little things i want to do to her... anyones interested i might update ya...

:Jew:

so cool pictures
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up