:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Force update problems?  (Read 15045 times)

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
Re: Force update problems?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »

god damm calvin's worthless I e-mailed him over a week ago and he still hasnt got back to me with my new license.

He's in the hospital.    If you still need a license,  email me @ sewell94@hotmail.com from your registered email address.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 09:16:55 PM »

Finally got to play with Ectune again today.  It is so fucking sweet when you can actually use it.

Bah.

I guess I will be playing with Neptune next weekend.

jagojon3

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 09:47:02 PM »

Fuck ectune  :D

Turkey soup pancakes sir

runsfromdacops

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »

GFI co-founder
twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V
built 383. 875/860RW pump/meth @ 18psi
turbo gixxer1000 250rwhp on pump @7psi
turbo integra 601/370 pump/meth @24 psi

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 10:33:23 PM »

Jon, Alex, you guys really hurt my livelihood when you say that.  I'm not saying there isn't a problem here - all of the complaints tell the story - but as an authorized tuner I simply don;t have these problems, nor do my customers.  Further, I'm pretty confident that half these complaints are due to people not up to speed with the technology, and they want to bitch before they click two buttons because they are angry that they have difficulty logging into their hotmail accounts.

That said, when multiple people have legitimately TRIED in the manner that Juston/DRQPQUT has, including having technically adept individuals step in to give it a whirl, *yes* I agree there is something wrong. Both Dave Lee and JOSH ROSS (Calvin knows that name, and that he is crafty) have attempted to get DRQPQUT's setup working, fiery fail.  So, I don't doubt that there is a legitimate end user complexity problem, and yes I agree that things should be streamlined.  Especially for a dying platform like OBD1 Honda.

Anyway, to bring things around full circle.  Jon, you've milked a 170 whp setup for nine or ten years now, and tuned zero other vehicles to the best of my knowledge.  Alex, your shit has six boost scalars where I would normally have 12+ which makes for LOL resolution, as well as a shitty interface and they sued one of my best friends in the world for not removing some software from pgmfi.org within NINE LONG HOURS of it being posted.  Since the general legally accepted time frame is 24-48 hours it was thrown out, but not after he personally ran up a $35K legal bill in the name of open source software.  I know you are personal friends with Jeff Frank, but I *will* have you banned from here if you make another fucking pro-I-still-have-timing-control-problems-Hondata remark.  Neither of the assholes flown in to your hometown to tune cars, much less Dave Lee, care for Hyundaidata - think about it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:35:23 PM by Joseph Davis »

jagojon3

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 10:41:54 PM »

Lol, JD is butt hurt. Does it really cost you money when I say fuck ectune? You don't know about other cars I've tuned because I don't advertise and only do it for local folks. 170 whp, lol again. The longest I've ever had any setup is under 3 years.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »

Lol, JD is butt hurt. Does it really cost you money when I say fuck ectune?

Not yet, but I know very well how bandwagons are started.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2010, 11:08:09 PM »

Lol, JD is butt hurt. Does it really cost you money when I say fuck ectune?

Not yet, but I know very well how bandwagons are started.

My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010, 11:32:38 PM »

how much does calvin charge you for license fees Joseph?  Sewell?

i know quite a few people who get treated VERY differently than the rest of calvins tuners, not to mention get free/cheap license fees for their customers.   I probably wouldnt complain or have problems with ectune either if i had those kind of connections and make that much more money per tune or be able to charge a customer that much less to make my prices look that much more appealing.

I have only tuned a handful of cars with neptune, yet james answers every text, every phone call and every email I ever send him and he does it without a condescending tone regardless of the question or inquiry.  Hook, line, sinker.  Done.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 12:09:48 AM »

how much does calvin charge you for license fees Joseph?  Sewell?

i know quite a few people who get treated VERY differently than the rest of calvins tuners, not to mention get free/cheap license fees for their customers. 

When Calvin has 50 Authorized Tuners and gets six license fees in one month, he's pretty unhappy.

I've been given lists of chips I've burned, and I reconciled them to Paypal IDs, and the feeling I've gotten since is that  at some point he knew I was honest and let me be.  There are, however, 40-45 of you assholes who are in question, and Calvin's gotten tired of being everyone's mom.  I understand completely why everyone in this thread is unhappy - and I understand 110% why Calvin's paranoia concerning piracy has created this situation - but you have to understand why Calvin's unhappy.  Do you like working your ass off to not get paid?

Again, this thread exists for people like Justin/DRQPQUT, everyone else can line up to fuck off.

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2010, 12:29:35 AM »

thats not what i asked but ok.

i've heard the reasons he isnt happy but frankly that has jack shit to do with me, people like me who dont tune as often, or his consumers that have problems.  I do work my ass off and i still get paid shit for my day job, so yes, i know exactly how he feels. 

I'm lucky to tune 2-3 cars a month in this area.  LUCKY.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2010, 12:38:11 AM »

I'm not going to answer that ok.  I'm not starting that pissing match.

i've heard the reasons he isnt happy but frankly that has jack shit to do with me, people like me who dont tune as often, or his consumers that have problems.  I do work my ass off and i still get paid shit for my day job, so yes, i know exactly how he feels. 

I'm lucky to tune 2-3 cars a month in this area.  LUCKY.

I don't live in an area that's remotely as populated as yours.  I could cut a swath through Florida in about zero point four seconds.  That being said, I probably tune as many Hondas a month as you do.  1-2 Fords, 1-2 NisAnd because I'm an intellectual being, , a Scoob, and something else thrown into the mix somewhere along the line.  Shit would pick up if I had a dyno, like you do, but not nearly as much as I'd like.

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2010, 12:51:37 AM »

Id pay extra if my ectune would just work and not have to deal with updates that fuck up  >:(

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2010, 12:54:30 AM »

I'm not going to answer that ok.  I'm not starting that pissing match.

Its noone elses business what i pay for license fee's, i dont have a problem telling you what it is, but i'm not going to throw it out in public like that. Kinda rude to even ask.

NOW i do agree things need to change, and its being worked on.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 01:50:28 AM »

There's a couple of things that annoy me about you, Sewell, and they are mostly that you insert yourself into situations that I don't act on.  However, your ability to get all parties involved talking, constructively, cannot be denied and I'd gladly sign this forum over to you if you could get the ball rolling here.  THANK YOU!

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »

Can i have it JD? I dont know a dam thing about anything but im pretty much a badass

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 02:04:59 AM »

You are the only person who didn't show up to the dyno day who is a badass, sir.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2010, 03:08:52 AM »

your ability to get all parties involved talking, constructively, cannot be denied and I'd gladly sign this forum over to you if you could get the ball rolling here.  THANK YOU!

Thank-you i like to see people get along, I've been working on this situation for YEARS, but i feel confident i've almost got it resolved.  Calvin spent a week at my place, and this was a topic that has was talked about for whole evening.  Calvin lives in a south american country, and the thinking is different, we see it as business being missed out on/hurting business, he see's this security as a requirement,  as if he's being stolen from.

There's a couple of things that annoy me about you, Sewell, and they are mostly that you insert yourself into situations that I don't act on. 

For just a post or fifty, Could we focus on this whole what annoys you about me thing. Am i reading it correct that your saying i stick my nose in places it shouldn't be, are you saying thats a good thing or a bad thing?

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2010, 04:40:32 AM »

You are the only person who didn't show up to the dyno day who is a badass, sir.

FUCK YOU
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »

your ability to get all parties involved talking, constructively, cannot be denied and I'd gladly sign this forum over to you if you could get the ball rolling here.  THANK YOU!

Thank-you i like to see people get along, I've been working on this situation for YEARS, but i feel confident i've almost got it resolved.  Calvin spent a week at my place, and this was a topic that has was talked about for whole evening.  Calvin lives in a south american country, and the thinking is different, we see it as business being missed out on/hurting business, he see's this security as a requirement,  as if he's being stolen from.

I can understand that, but Chris put it best.  You can't cripple the software's usage or the buying public buys something else.  At the end of the day you need just enough copy protection to keep the honest people honest.  I don't think Calvin fully understands how fat and lazy Americans are, if they can hit a Buy It Now button for a hundred fifty on a software that is a joy to use then it's easier than trying to figure out a way around copy protection.   

There's a couple of things that annoy me about you, Sewell, and they are mostly that you insert yourself into situations that I don't act on. 

For just a post or fifty, Could we focus on this whole what annoys you about me thing. Am i reading it correct that your saying i stick my nose in places it shouldn't be, are you saying thats a good thing or a bad thing?

Reread that, Speed Racer.  It's actually a backhanded comment on my own style of inaction.

bigwig

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 10:42:09 AM »

I would probably have a lot to say on this subject 2-3 years ago, but now, I don't care.  Don't buy Ectune if you don't want to deal with Calvin.  Neptune is always an option.  I'll never suggest Hondata.  Crome is still an option if you're looking to be more cost effective.

I will say one thing, forced update are a terrible idea.  One day Calvin is going to make a mistake and release some bad code.  On a good day where a lot of people are tuning their cars, he could end up having a very bad day with a lot of engines coming back in pieces.  All the other security measures aside, I really don't like forced updates and think he should make updating more elective.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 12:09:49 PM »

I will say one thing, forced update are a terrible idea.  One day Calvin is going to make a mistake and release some bad code.  On a good day where a lot of people are tuning their cars, he could end up having a very bad day with a lot of engines coming back in pieces.  All the other security measures aside, I really don't like forced updates and think he should make updating more elective.

It's forced updates of the GUI, not the code.

Most bad code manifests as stupid stuff.  What you propose is equally likely with Hondata, NIStune, or HP Tuners. 

OK

bigwig

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2010, 12:20:49 PM »

It's forced updates of the GUI, not the code.

Most bad code manifests as stupid stuff.  What you propose is equally likely with Hondata, NIStune, or HP Tuners. 

OK

Most bad code may manifest as stupid stuff, but surely not all of it.  Tweaking the GUI can still result in code change.  Forced updates are a bad idea.  It really doesn't matter who is doing the update.  I don't trust auto updates.

OKAY

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2010, 12:28:02 PM »

And you can get hit by busses when you cross the street.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2010, 02:24:40 PM »

Reread that, Speed Racer.  It's actually a backhanded comment on my own style of inaction.

i was what i thought i read, but i just had to make sure. Its easier to knock myself first and work from there :)

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2010, 12:32:27 AM »

There's a couple of things that annoy me about you, Sewell, and they are mostly that you insert yourself into situations that I don't act on.  However, your ability to get all parties involved talking, constructively, cannot be denied and I'd gladly sign this forum over to you if you could get the ball rolling here.  THANK YOU!

SO have i quoted this for Truth???

How about co mods??

:)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:34:11 AM by sewell94 »

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2010, 05:09:42 AM »

SO have i quoted this for Truth???

How about co mods??

:)

Jeff Frank has to call you a nigger for three years first, it's a prerequisite of the job, apparently.

chris

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2010, 05:54:27 AM »

crome 1.2 works great

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2010, 04:41:19 PM »

Well I was think EcTune might not be for b/c of the forced up dates but just saw that on the next updated you will nit have to worry about that anymore.

http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=2698

So now I need to order this. :yes:

chris

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2010, 04:49:12 PM »

Good move!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up