Forum > Fabrication

making my 73 ford courier go fast, turn, and stop

<< < (56/83) > >>

fastivab6tg25mr:
race truck got some carpet and heat/sound insulation padding. the floor around the pedals is noticeably cooler after idling 30 min with the ac on in the garage. 

fastivab6tg25mr:
Getting more work done and spending more money on parts. RohdeFab made me some pretty bad ass door panels and door pulls for a really reasonable price.

Added more vents for even better cooling and cooler A/C operation. I hate the way they look but engine temps are down 15*F. I also added the sound/heat barrier to the whole intake for the A/C fan inlet

Trying to get the A/C to work better and found out I'm set the system up wrong. I put my low side cycling switch on the receiver dryer which is on the high side because I was thinking I plumbed it as a low side accumulator. Compressor was just staying on and freezing the expansion valve. Installed an inline port on the low side but ran into some Megasquirt control issues. I'll sort those out and get the A/C dialed in when I get back from vacation.

92CXyD:
Nice!!   :noel: :noel: :noel:

Eggylshatch:
You're carrying this entire forum with your updates. Keep up the good work! I want to see some footage of this thing on the road

fastivab6tg25mr:
I finally got my hands on a 1973 Mazda B1600. I like the look of the front end more than the ford version and I picked this thing up on my way back from a vacation in Oregon. The whole truck was way cheaper than I can get the lights and trim for.  The Benz tows great on the freeway but only gets 11.2mpg with the truck on the trailer.

A/C update: using low side switching with out an accumulator was a pain in the ass and very inconsistent. I'm using an R12 filter dryer as a small accumulator. It helped a little but was still spiking the low side too quickly and causing erratic compressor operation. I ended up taking the seal out of the schrader valve and using it like a tiny orifice tube. it dampened the compressor cycles just enough to get the a/c to stay cold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version