:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: cummins discussion thread.  (Read 110283 times)

chris

Re: buks welding thread
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »

Should of bought a mig welder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to a muffler shop and follow their lead. How many succesful manifold builders has there been vs how many muffler shops are in each city.

Common sense sir common sense.

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 08:37:23 PM »

Jay, find someone in your area to set that shit up for you. There is no gas coverage.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

chris

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »

Go down to welding shop
buy stuff
old man helps you

Simple

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 08:55:49 PM »

More pics of fail please ;D
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

chris

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »

Waiting for I burned down the garage thread

darkelvis

• Certified OG
  • RHMT King of Rice
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 09:38:56 PM »

This thread is full of awesome.

hotrex

• Certified OG
  • rough riding niggas since 2002
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »

holy fucking christ. are even using a welding hood?  wtf.  thats the WORST ive ever seen.  i could spray feces on 2 pipes and it would hold better than that.  fucking fuck nigrfeece
1. nbspnbsp choda nbspnbsp 584 up, 134 down
 area between your bag and your asshole
Johnny bliss'#039#039s mom really worked my choda yesterday, I wont be able to ride my bike for a week

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 10:28:41 PM »

holy fucking christ. are even using a welding hood?  wtf.  thats the WORST ive ever seen.  i could spray feces on 2 pipes and it would hold better than that.  fucking fuck nigrfeece

Well then, what else needs to be said.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

chris

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 10:32:08 PM »

Jew's weld better

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 10:47:11 PM »

im going to make a short video on how to set up a tig so you nogs dont burn down your moms basement/kitchen floor and shit
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

jay

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 11:00:17 PM »

looks like no gas or bad gas, what kind of machine are you using, what kind of torch are you using, and if your current control isnt working right your never going to be able to weld shit.

thats what half these retards dont get my machine might not be getting gas or the hand control is fucked
im going to install the foot pedal and try again tomorrow

its a miller econotig.. torch looks like a generic offbrand

Buk,

Torrent that Ron Covell Video that someone here posted a while back.  Also, check in at your local shop and they can prob help too.

Craig

ill look for that torrent but shops arround here are all fucked up so i cant do that..
thanks

Leave the filler rod on the table until you make the first root pass. Start at 60 and adjust from there. If the pipe has a quarter size red glowing spot when you lift, you're too hot, or going to slow. At the right amperage you have lots of time to get a good puddle and then walk it around. Try to drag the puddle back and forth in the weld. It will follow the heat if you do it right. SHARPEN YOUR TUNGSTEN PROPERLY. It's 1000x easier to control. The slighted little blob on the tip makes the arc blow around.

Start your gas a second before you strike. Post flow your welds. Read the manual for your welder. If it sputters and sparks you're not getting gas.

haha thanks ill prolly go try to do a quick weld right now just to try it without filler ill attempt to sharpen the tungsten

Community college welding classes. GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strong possibility

I love the waste of money in this thread. Awesome!

Fucking up cheap metal to learn is for losers.

True ballers fuck up good material.

went to the local metal mart and he wanted 30 bucks for some scrap pieces of fucking metal plate and sheet

why the fuck would i use shitty metal when i can practice on the shit i want to weld? 2 dollars worth of metal woopteeeeee fucking dooooooooooo

ill go get some now :D

I want you to die

Stone cold killin sandnog from the motherfuckin low cash, fuck ya, getcha pee pee wet. ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829   http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3871/detroit187.jpg

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 11:12:20 PM »

looks like no gas or bad gas, what kind of machine are you using, what kind of torch are you using, and if your current control isnt working right your never going to be able to weld shit.

thats what half these retards dont get my machine might not be getting gas or the hand control is fucked

Did all my learning on a HF scratch start tig.  Most of these people have delt with similar equipment.  Check your gas, make sure it is flowing.  Crank it up and see if you hear something.  If you dont, no sense continuing trying to weld.
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

jay

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 11:19:08 PM »

Did all my learning on a HF scratch start tig.  Most of these people have delt with similar equipment.  Check your gas, make sure it is flowing.  Crank it up and see if you hear something.  If you dont, no sense continuing trying to weld.

fuck i didnt know the econotig was a scratch start :(

i just ran downstairs to try again but after an 8 hour drive all i got was FAIL

me need sleep and i will try again tomorrow

definetly dont have any gas flowing through the torch

i attached the ground clamp to my left nut and shoved the torch into my ear and didnt hear any gas

I want you to die

Stone cold killin sandnog from the motherfuckin low cash, fuck ya, getcha pee pee wet. ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829   http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3871/detroit187.jpg

bigwig

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 11:24:08 PM »

Buk.  Stop.  You need one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Argon-CO2-Mig-Tig-Flowmeter-Regulator-Welding-Weld-New_W0QQitemZ200334186437QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea4d917c5#ht_1310wt_1165

That is to control the gas coming out of the tank.  Set it to 15-20 cfh.

Seriously, take some good pictures of your setup.  Muster up any common sense you have and show us what you are working with.  You should also take my advice and get some out of work welder to show you just the basics.  Right now you don't have a reasonable clue what you are doing.

jay

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2010, 11:26:23 PM »

Buk.  Stop.  You need one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Argon-CO2-Mig-Tig-Flowmeter-Regulator-Welding-Weld-New_W0QQitemZ200334186437QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea4d917c5#ht_1310wt_1165

That is to control the gas coming out of the tank.  Set it to 15-20 cfh.

Seriously, take some good pictures of your setup.  Muster up any common sense you have and show us what you are working with.  You should also take my advice and get some out of work welder to show you just the basics.  Right now you don't have a reasonable clue what you are doing.

already posted a cl ad. going to see if a local kid off a forum can show me.. he does good work..

ill go see if i can get good pics of the welder now

I want you to die

jay

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 11:51:49 PM »

ofcourse! after i buy my econotig a maxstar shows up on cl lol

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/bfs/1624603775.html

I want you to die

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 12:05:18 AM »

The reason people tell you to start on flat plate, is because you have no idea what your doing. And this is compounded by the fact you need to change your torch angle progressively as you move around the pipe. This is not good for beginners.

Get the old welder guy over there, and do not touch the welder till then.

Oh and get a real regulator, one that shows flow not just psi.

A full tank around here is 2400 psi and i stop at 500ish due to contamination.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 12:05:45 AM »

The tank valve is probably closed.

jay

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 12:28:20 AM »

is there gas in that tank?
i don't know anything about welding with gas, but that psi gauge is on 0

i just had the tank filled.. 100% argon... the valve is closed so it reads 0 psi

The reason people tell you to start on flat plate, is because you have no idea what your doing. And this is compounded by the fact you need to change your torch angle progressively as you move around the pipe. This is not good for beginners.

Get the old welder guy over there, and do not touch the welder till then.

Oh and get a real regulator, one that shows flow not just psi.

A full tank around here is 2400 psi and i stop at 500ish due to contamination.

ill go pick up some metal plate from a different metal store some local kid told me about and see if i can get him to show me the ropes :p

ill def try this again.. another 2 dollars worth of material isnt going to break the bank lol

I want you to die

jay

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 12:38:44 AM »

fuck yo arc starter nigger that shit didnt kick in no matter how close to the material i got :(

I want you to die

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 12:48:40 AM »

FIX YOUR FUCKING GAS YOU FUCKING FUCK!

bigwig

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2010, 01:21:48 AM »

Buk,

First, you clearly have it set on Stick welding.  The rocker switch should be on the TIG function.

Second, you can't tig weld without gas coverage.  PERIOD.  Stop trying.  It won't work.  You need a gas regulator.  It will cost you $50 and you may need some special fittings.

Third, hook up the damn foot pedal.

Forth, Econotig>>>>>>>>>>>Maxstar.  Econotig has AC.  The Maxstar does not.  AC is worth the extra $200.

Fifth, read this from page 1 to 32.  http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o303v_mil.pdf then read each one of these http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/TIGhandbook/

Sixth, find someone to mentor you in welding or at least teach you the basics.

Seventh, attempt to weld some stuff together.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 01:28:16 AM »

Buk,

First, you clearly have it set on Stick welding.  The rocker switch should be on the TIG function.

Didn't even notice that. hahahaha.  I got a dollar says you flip it to tig and the gas starts flowing.  Wow, just wow.

rsmith2786

• Certified OG
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 01:41:30 AM »

Haha.  That would explain the need to touch the tungsten and the lack of gas flow.

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 01:54:09 AM »

not trying to downplay the skills required but i cant imagine it being that hard for me..
Right on track

d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

jay

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 01:59:45 AM »

not trying to downplay the skills required but i cant imagine it being that hard for me..
Right on track

uhhh i have less than 3 minutes total seat time

and "seat time" = kneeling on the fucking floor

i had it set to gtaw before and the arc still didnt start.. idk about the gas thos..

im going to play with it alot more tomorrow

thanks for your input bigwig.. i read over the manual before.. ill go over it again

tomorrow ill def hook up the damn foot pedal and find me a desk and a chair (i have a huge chunk of ceramic counter top i can use to stop the desk from catching on fire :p)

I want you to die

jay

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2010, 02:02:23 AM »

do all the flamers in this thread realize that i literilly tried welding just 3x?

less than 3 fucking minutes all together?

i dont mind being the hmt punching bag tho so whatever

i just think its funny 8)

I want you to die

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2010, 02:13:00 AM »

do all the flamers in this thread realize that i literilly tried welding just 3x?

less than 3 fucking minutes all together?

i dont mind being the hmt punching bag tho so whatever

i just think its funny 8)

Thats 3 minutes more that the research and actually fucking listening you did.

nock

• pro... muther fuckin pro...
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2010, 03:14:17 AM »

call airgas, oxarc, central, hobo nigger welding supply inc, ANYBODY that sells welding equipment only, tell them you dont know how to weld and ask them if you can bring your machine in and have them look at it, try to weld with it and maybe give you a few pointers, PLEASE dont continue welding. its important that you learn this shit the right way. if the stuff is front of them they can tell you if your machine, torch, or regulator is broken right away.

bigwig

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2010, 03:47:52 AM »

call airgas, oxarc, central, hobo nigger welding supply inc, ANYBODY that sells welding equipment only, tell them you dont know how to weld and ask them if you can bring your machine in and have them look at it, try to weld with it and maybe give you a few pointers, PLEASE dont continue welding. its important that you learn this shit the right way. if the stuff is front of them they can tell you if your machine, torch, or regulator is broken right away.

Agreed.

Buk, if your tungsten is fucked to hell, you won't get an arc.  Same goes for when you don't have gas on or if your material is not properly ground.

Everything needs to be setup correctly in order to get good quality tig welds.  Your torch needs to be properly assembled and working.  You need to have the gas flow set correctly(18cfh).  You need to have the tungsten CLEAN and sharpened to a point.  Grind it with a wheel that you only grind tungsten with.  Your material needs to be clean and prepped properly.  You need to make sure your material is ground properly.  You need to make sure your fitment on your materials is very good.  Plus probably another 10 steps.  That's not including proper welding procedure.

Read all of those packets that Miller provides.  Go step by step making sure you follow every step properly before you try welding again because if you continue this way, people are going to stop taking you seriously, stop offering advice, and just laugh.  You won't get anywhere and you'll end up selling all your shit.  Take your time, do it right, and try your best to get someone to come over and help you out for a few hours.  Don't creep them out either.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Up