:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: RHMT Double D Buildathon!  (Read 71802 times)

88dx

• Certified OG
Re: Double Ds Dual engine monster
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 12:12:38 AM »

Port orchard.  Feel free to come on down.  Just bring beer O0
U buy the beer  :(

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 12:13:26 AM »

fair enough :)  The fridge is full you broke bastard ;)
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2009, 01:23:09 AM »

where in WA do you live  ??? I want to check this build out sometime

be careful, hes a toucher  :?: Might want a block parent close by.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 02:12:26 AM »

I was sweaty palm excited over this until I saw the CRX.  Fuck that thing, show me the CRX.   :noel:

monty007

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 12:28:30 PM »

this looks like the beginning of an epic road/track monster!!!  Love it.  Big kudos in taking this on!!

klyph

• Proletariat for Life!
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2009, 04:22:53 PM »

I was sweaty palm excited over this until I saw the CRX.  Fuck that thing, show me the CRX.   :noel:
Dude, that's the one he just took a sawzall to in order to build this monstrosity.

A moment of silence for the fallen 1G crx...

:'(

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »

Dude, that's the one he just took a sawzall to in order to build this monstrosity.

A moment of silence for the fallen 1G crx...

:'(

Wrong.  The one I took a sawzall to was in a wrecking yard.  The 1g is another project of mine that is waiting for an 88 integra to give up its weears to.  It will be a work of art when complete, however as of now it sits waiting for my motivation and some parts to be donated to it.  The crx I cut up had been tboned and was a total loss. 
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

klyph

• Proletariat for Life!
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2009, 04:38:20 PM »

Wrong.  The one I took a sawzall to was in a wrecking yard.  The 1g is another project of mine that is waiting for an 88 integra to give up its weears to.  It will be a work of art when complete, however as of now it sits waiting for my motivation and some parts to be donated to it.  The crx I cut up had been tboned and was a total loss. 

Apologies for the accusations of treachery.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »

Thats right, I am not THAT much of a monster.  Besides, the strut tops are completly different on the 1g.  Wouldn't work for what I am doing.

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2009, 04:49:31 PM »

Might have missed it... but are you going to do all wheel steering too?  that would be straight up gangster

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2009, 04:58:01 PM »

not right now no.  I think it will be enough driving this thing with regular steering

Ravage70

• Certified OG
  • The Hotrex foot. Stiletto ready!
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »

It's not a bus, it doesn't need all wheel steering.

colt45

• Mista Pimpsta
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2009, 02:14:28 PM »

as far as the transmission...

1: use your stock D, and track down a 4age mr2 tranny

2:  send both trannies to mistabone and in each transmission, have gears 1-5 synchronized (gear ratio's) so you dont have one engine going faster in 1st gear then the other

3:  get an adapter plate from WEIR, bolt up the mr2 tranny on the rear D and "booya grandma" problem solved.

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »

2:  send both trannies to mistabone and in each transmission, have gears 1-5 synchronized (gear ratio's) so you dont have one engine going faster in 1st gear then the other

3:  get an adapter plate from WEIR, bolt up the mr2 tranny on the rear D and "booya grandma" problem solved.

wat

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »

Thrust loads in the transmission are reversed, it lasts 500 miles tops.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2009, 05:14:05 PM »

please stop typing.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »

or run $50 d series trans front and back from the wrecking yard, use rest of the monnies on pizza, beer, turbos, 450s , and race gas.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 05:18:45 PM by malichite »

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »

Stop D-series motors run CCW and Toyota trans. are designed for CW rotating motors so not a good idea. ;D

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2009, 06:43:03 PM »

Also, the 4a trans had thrust issues and will shit the brick before d's trans will.

The trans to have is the S-trans from mr2 turbo. Input shaft is as big as supra's and hold more power than people think they will. Mate a 4g63 to a mr2 turbo trans and you have one badass setup there.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »

You'll have to do custom cables for throttle anyways, but that would be easy enough. I'd stick to a mechanical shift linkage.

If you rig up a shifter bar like shown, and make sure the throw ends up being the same (several ways to design it in), it will shift just the same. I'd recommend good sealed bearings at the shifter and some VERY hard mounts, since the main problem will actually be from the engine torquing. In other words, the stabilizer bar will be the harder part to replicate. One way to combat that is to make the rear shift throw shorter (engages quicker), and add in a rubber or spring so it can compress so slightly after engaging, to account for any engine movement.

I wouldn't worry about "desyncing". You won't get a perfect 1:1 based on weight trasfer alone [deforming tires]. If one engine desyncs, it will just act like it's an AWD system being fed more or less torque to one end. So one engine will be slightly more loaded than the other. If one is 50rpm behind at redline, it will just be shifted that much before it's own redline.

Forgot to say, I'd actually run a hydro clutch system. Less pedal effort, easier to design, and - you can use something similar to a line-lock to keep the rear clutch out if you want to run 2wd with one engine off. The t-out bearing wouldn't be moving, since the PP isn't with engine off, so no added wear.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:00:55 PM by HiProfile »
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »

This could be the most gangstur project evar

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2009, 12:44:07 AM »

Well, I have been sick as hell for the last 4 days but I finally got out and back to work.  Started working on patching in the sheetmetal around the rear strut towers.  I also decided to toss the engine in again sense I now know where it is going to sit.  Looks like I am going to need to do a big notch in the frame on the drivers side to make room for the crank pulley as well as a little bit of persuasion with a hammer on the passenger side to make some room for the tranny. Good thing I didn't decide to try this with B's  It's already a tight fit. 

Also, way harder then I could have predicted, but it is a fucking pain in the ass trying to move the trans and engine around in the back of the car.  I wasn't paying attention and almost buckled the roof with the cherry picker.   I think when it comes down to really stuff the thing in there I am just going to persuade a few friends with beer and pizza to come muscle the fucker in there.  Anyways, off to the picks. 

TheMadScientist

• Certified OG
  • I'm like Batman and Shit
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2009, 12:50:45 AM »

nice project. Could you maybe one just the one alternator up front. Then you wouldn't really need the crank pulley in the back. Just an idea. Keep up the good work.
Why would I not be surprised if your pink slip included "quotquotthen Mr Davis overturned the table while shouting, HOWS THAT FOR FLUID MECHANICS?!"quotquot?

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2009, 12:55:43 AM »

Was already planning on only running one alternator.  I think you still need the pully for balancing though.  Also either need it or need to make something to hole the timing gear on.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2009, 01:49:07 AM »

My labor= you welding my exhaust up for me..... Sound Like a deal?? lol
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »

Think outside the box...again. Since you have a roof over your engine, secure the front of the car, and use the hoist to pick up the car itself. Lay the motor on some wood (on ground), and lower the car onto it. If you built a dolly for the motor, you could keep it upright ready to bolt in, and move it where ever you need to.

I'm sure more than a few of us have done that with their Hondas, jacked up the front, support it with a few 2x4's in very unsafe locations, and push the engine in from the front or side while praying. :mexi:
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2009, 04:17:10 PM »

I'm sure more than a few of us have done that with their Hondas, jacked up the front, support it with a few 2x4's in very unsafe locations, and push the engine in from the front or side while praying. :mexi:

Yeap guilty.

Still do this except instead of using floor jacks I have to use scissor jacks for the 4x the required time to pull and replace a motor.  ;D

Jack stands!!!!!! we don't need no stinky jack stands......................this is rhmt we use 2x4's and leftover beer cans.  ;D :mexi:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:27:34 AM by 92CXyD »

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »

Will probably do that later.  At this time I dont want to move the car around to much until I finish getting everything braced and solid. 

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2009, 10:54:56 PM »

I'm partial to 4x4's and cynder blocks myself now. More stable, can "catch" more parts of the car to sit on.

Just make sure you elevate the car in the end and do the whole level & plumb bob. When guys change their rear suspension on their rwd monsters, it's just a simple string/weight/tape affair. Just don't peel the tape up or erase marks on the floor before you're done...

Ravage70

• Certified OG
  • The Hotrex foot. Stiletto ready!
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »

Where are the fucken updates?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up