:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DIY HOW-TO: Chip a 1G DSM EPROM ECU with pics  (Read 22830 times)

caged

Re: DIY HOW-TO: Chip a 1G DSM EPROM ECU with pics
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 04:14:32 AM »

How differant are the dsm ecu's to the EVO 1-3 eprom ecu's? Will I have to run a differant program than what you have sugested above? Im trying to work out if its worth staying with the standard ecu or going to a local ecu that iv success with before (Link G4 storm).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:47:22 PM by caged »
11.6@126mph 1993 mitsubishi GSR.

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »

I have no idea but the guys on the site should know.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »

All dsm and evo ecus are interchangable in one way or another.  I could make an evo9 ecu work on a 91 dsm if I wanted.  The basic structure is the same, but evo 1-3 will use the later 1g cas, so yes it would work, but there might be some weird idle issues or something dumb like that.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »

I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit DSM cas bits into a toyota DLI unit and then run DSMlink. Im curious, ill look into this.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2009, 03:12:25 PM »

I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit DSM cas bits into a toyota DLI unit and then run DSMlink.

Are you a fucking moron?

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2009, 04:50:44 PM »

I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit DSM cas bits into a toyota DLI unit and then run DSMlink. Im curious, ill look into this.
LOLS omy god Bite the fucking Curb!

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2009, 02:15:32 PM »

I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit DSM cas bits into a toyota DLI unit and then run DSMlink.

Are you a fucking moron?

Yes.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

Avistar23

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2009, 03:42:13 PM »

From what i know an e 1-3 rom is different enough that dsm programs dont work, but close enough that anyone who knows about them can get them up and runing, however there is software avliable written for the evo 1-3 already to chip ecu's.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II CE9A -- Holset powered

F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel

International 4900 DT 466E
Freightliner Fl115 M11 CelectPlus

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2010, 01:54:03 PM »

From what i know an e 1-3 rom is different enough that dsm programs dont work, but close enough that anyone who knows about them can get them up and runing, however there is software avliable written for the evo 1-3 already to chip ecu's.

Seriously?  They made over 1 million dsms.  It aint that hard to find an ecu to swap in. 

Im in the process of swapping my 6-bolt 4g63 into the colt, and so far its an easier swap than any honda.  14 wires to pin in on the body side, since the harness splits ecu functions on another branch.  Pretty fucking simple, no jumper harness bs here. 

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 10:46:35 AM »

God damn naysayers, putting the 1g cas guts into my DLI unit is eeeeasy.  I could do this shit in a few days and rewire oem free software management goodness.  Everyone knows 80s toyota ignition is terrible, and I'm convinced this will run nicer than my megasquirt with ford parts.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:49:24 AM by TTC »

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »

God damn naysayers, putting the 1g cas guts into my DLI unit is eeeeasy.  I could do this shit in a few days and rewire oem free software management goodness.  Everyone knows 80s toyota ignition is terrible, and I'm convinced this will run nicer than my megasquirt with ford parts.

Er, I think they were referencing the fact that a honda dizzy is very easy to make work on toyota S and G series motors, and has been proven reliable. 

I like mitsu and all, but given the choice the Honda ecu has more functionallity, backing, and ease of use. For your needs, the honda ecu/dizzy route is the better choice. 

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »

4A is going to have to have an adapter made to keep the Honda dist from leaking oil all over the place - the o-ringed recess is bigger diameter than the Honda's, which is in turn bigger than the S-motors.

TTC, sir, if you put DSMLink on that car I will drive to your house and fist your mother.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »

I wouldn't be putting the honda distributor in the stock location. Its to fucking huge, and gets in the way of my manifold. If im to do it It would go on the front of the cam gear.

I have it figured out, and a buddy is sending me a cam and cam gear since i threw my spares out.  The best way for me to make it work is to take a large bolt and machine it down to m12  and slot the larger bolt head to accept the bottom of the honda dizzy key.  I remember when i researched it that the hond dizzy is a sealed unit and doesnt need to be oiled iirc.

So basicallyi id do it the same as the pgmfi fellas, as far as the VSS I would probably disconnect that as well as the IAC.  Apparantly you can just hook up the VSS and leave it somewhere in the engine bay, if i still had the oem cluster I could most likely send a signal to it from there. 

My mother does need a good fisting tho.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 11:22:36 AM »

There is no proper VSS delete for any of the Honda code.  You'll get CELs if you decel in gear, the ECU is able to figure out from abnormally high vacuum + the revs not falling immediately to idle that the vehicle is moving with no VSS.  Some codebases this causes hiccoughs, or loss of some of the cool functionality you get by running Honda code.

As long as the Toy VSS output is a 0-5v square wave, it doesn't matter if the signal is "correct" as you can make it work for you even if it claims 60 mph is 30 in the datalogs.  Toy/Honda are brother/sister vehicles running 95% identical Denso sensors, point of fact I wouldn't be surprised if the 90s Toy VSS operated on the same principle which is two pulses per wheel rotation.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2010, 11:48:10 AM »

The toyota VSS' are identical and produce the same square wave.  My problem is that my old ass tranny has no electric vss, its cable driven to my speedo.  What if i used some abs sensors on my driveshaft to send a signal to the ecu?  I guess i could run a new cluster lol, from another yota or a honda.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:50:05 AM by TTC »

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »

You could mount a hall sensor on driveshaft or wheel or the like. 

You sure there's no VSS input to the ECU on your car?  Might be like Honda of that era, located at the end of your speedo cable on the back of the cluster.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2010, 11:57:16 AM »

There is a VSS on the back of my speedo. But ive done this and im not sure its reversable, I'm going to check the back of the cluster, well wahts left of it to see if I can salvage some of the circuitry.

So as you can see the only thing left is my speedo, and the circuitry is pretty much gone in the rear.  But their is a VSS sensor of some sort on the back of the speedo that the ecu used to receive.

Is the honda VSS just a single wire or is it a signal wire and ground.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:01:12 PM by TTC »

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »

You could mount a hall sensor on driveshaft or wheel or the like. 

You sure there's no VSS input to the ECU on your car?  Might be like Honda of that era, located at the end of your speedo cable on the back of the cluster.

It is exactly like a honda.  Should be a purple or purple/white wire coming from the back of the cluster to the ecu, pin A10 (almost always on toys).

mrgreengenes

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2010, 01:12:42 AM »

Defi make a quartz analogue clock?  like the hyundai pony has instead of a tach?  that would win.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2010, 05:01:56 AM »

The toyota VSS' are identical and produce the same square wave.  My problem is that my old ass tranny has no electric vss, its cable driven to my speedo.  What if i used some abs sensors on my driveshaft to send a signal to the ecu?  I guess i could run a new cluster lol, from another yota or a honda.

I was gonna say, even with a cable output, it usually will feed into a vss of some sort. Only non-injected cars will really have a pure cable-driven speedo.

BTW that driveshaft idea just gave me an idea. Using that abs/axle idea, some random electronic parts (diodes, vr, and transistor) could make a wheel size- & FD ratio-independant VSS. Not that it matters a whole lot, just another oddball project I'll probably never use.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:06:49 AM by HiProfile »
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2010, 11:03:10 PM »

How's that ecu socket coming captain failbox., Oh wait, I know exactly how.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up