:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: e85 miss in cold  (Read 2635 times)

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
e85 miss in cold
« on: November 18, 2011, 06:00:48 AM »

the tercel is running e85, around a 11:1 gas afr( that means its still using the gas calibration) at about 10 psi on a td04.
problem is all of a sudden when it got cold out(went from like 70's to 20's in like a week) im now getting a miss. AIT's are like 50 degrees at 10psi. ran fine when it was 70+.
gonna buy some new plugs and gap them closer, do you think this will solve the problem? do i need to run a hotter plug? change timing?

ive heard that e85/e70(winter blend around here) is just too cold of a fuel combined with cold air.
any experience with this?
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: e85 miss in cold
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »

Insufficient information.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:04 PM »

Aim an electric heater onto your gas tank til gas temps are 30F warmer. Check car again.

All the vids I've seen about Brazil cars is they have a auxilury cold-start tank of regular gas, and the exhaust is routed to heat up the e85 gas tank. You could build the exhaust like on my civic, where the e-cutout dumps right onto the gas tank.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »

Cue stock RB25 AEM calibration startup screen vs 1000cc E85 AEM calibration startup screen.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »

I'm not baller enough to do that, but I know e85 startup fuel trims are expotentially higher vs gasonline.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »

ok more info?
toyota 5efe
decapped wrx injectorators
megasquirt
stock ignition with a bosch smart igniter
ngk's at .044''
probably e70
dont know what else

titties?
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 07:11:45 PM »

This may sound dumb but have you tried reducing the plug gap? Am I to presume it's also the stock heat range for that plug? That could also play a part in this.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 11:23:04 PM »

well ive been pretty busy lately but i did throw new plugs in the car that i gapped at .022 and i havent had a miss for a couple weeks.

side note, 40 degree MAT's are awesome O0
malone labe

Pages: [1]   Go Up