:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: ae86 w/ obd1 and holset...  (Read 20776 times)

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
Re: ae86 w/ obd1 and holset...
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »

Use the b2 intake mani   ;D

Its right up your alley!   

Full of fail...... ;)

Rob.K

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »

Its right up your alley!   

Full of fail...... ;)

lol fucking guy. I have a much larger throttle boby from a 3sge and 450cc injectors that a buddy is sending me, should be here this week. The b7 harness is good in this sense because the map sensor is seperate from the intake, i won't have to do any more fab there to fit it on the 3sge tb.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:51:29 PM by Rob.K »
3tc, tin can, holset, trailor wheels

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2009, 01:07:40 PM »

3S TB on a Honda manifold... fucking brilliant.  Truly.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2009, 04:19:06 PM »

Its right up your alley!   

Full of fail...... ;)

lol fucking guy. I have a much larger throttle boby from a 3sge and 450cc injectors that a buddy is sending me, should be here this week. The b7 harness is good in this sense because the map sensor is seperate from the intake, i won't have to do any more fab there to fit it on the 3sge tb.

You do realize your gonna max those injectors out pretty damn quick with that holset on your terribly ineffiecient (by todays standards) 3T engine?  What you gonna run like 5 pounds of mad boost yo?

blowoff valves are for pussies.

Rob.K

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2009, 04:43:30 PM »

Its right up your alley!   

Full of fail...... ;)

You do realize your gonna max those injectors out pretty damn quick with that holset on your terribly ineffiecient (by todays standards) 3T engine?  What you gonna run like 5 pounds of mad boost yo?
   Why are u being such a peice of shit?  ill run 12psi to start out these injectors shoyld be fine, when i run higher boost next year ill upgrade injectors. 

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2009, 04:59:52 PM »

Its right up your alley!   

Full of fail...... ;)

Why are u being such a peice of shit?  ill run 12psi to start out these injectors shoyld be fine, when i run higher boost next year ill upgrade injectors. 

We ran out of 550's on an LS with an hx35 @ 14psi. It is a more efficient engine, You will be out of injector before 12psi.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Rob.K

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »

Its right up your alley!   

Full of fail...... ;)

We ran out of 550's on an LS with an hx35 @ 14psi. It is a more efficient engine, You will be out of injector before 12psi.
hmm well im just going off what other guys with 3t run at10-12psi. these are free as well so ill try them out.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2009, 07:38:15 PM »

If I send you gasoline + matches, will you light yourself on fire since it's free?  Pretty please?

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »

But you need a some CDM goodies so you can fit in with your fellow fishtail fags. 

I got the perfect window sticker for you:

Rob.K

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2009, 09:02:20 PM »

If I send you gasoline + matches, will you light yourself on fire since it's free?  Pretty please?

Can you stop being a fucking douche? no that won't happen either, so shut the fuck up.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2009, 09:07:39 PM »

Can you stop being a fucking douche? no that won't happen either, so shut the fuck up.

Lol Jd is a funny guy!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2009, 08:58:03 AM »

Sir, we dont take kindly to faggotry on this site.  The website you want is www.vwvortex.com or www.homemadeturbo.com

The problem I have with you is that your taking what is possibly toyota's greatest 4cylinder engine (to make power) and intend to use it to "drift" (which you could have gotten away with the stock engine...) and you have no clue what your doing.  Nevermind the fact that the stock 86 rear/diff wont handle the power of a lightly modded 4age when drifting, your gonna add 200 more hp just to make sure its obliterated.  3TC's aint exactly easy to find/get, and the fact that your going to destroy one for your faggot intentions makes me a bit pissed off.  So excuse me for calling this what it is, which is a catastrophe waiting to happen. 

Rob.K

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »

Sir, we dont take kindly to faggotry on this site.  The website you want is www.vwvortex.com or www.homemadeturbo.com

The problem I have with you is that your taking what is possibly toyota's greatest 4cylinder engine (to make power) and intend to use it to "drift" (which you could have gotten away with the stock engine...) and you have no clue what your doing.  Nevermind the fact that the stock 86 rear/diff wont handle the power of a lightly modded 4age when drifting, your gonna add 200 more hp just to make sure its obliterated.  3TC's aint exactly easy to find/get, and the fact that your going to destroy one for your faggot intentions makes me a bit pissed off.  So excuse me for calling this what it is, which is a catastrophe waiting to happen. 

because it has stretched tires? get the fuck out. I'll be using it for everything,  not just drift(changing suspension settings and lowness for various events, and hopefully next year getting 16's with nice tires). I have a supra rear end coming soon, I have w58 sitting in the garage and also part of a supra drive shaft. Once I get all those in there will be no obliterating. I'm not going to sit here and tell you i know everything because I don't, but I do my research and I put my blood sweat and tears into this car. It's not just a drift mobile, it's a project, and a fun one at that. I'm not just going to break the motor and chuck it, gonna run this bottom end till it poops the bed, then I have forged low comp pistons, arp bolts, and bearings ready to go in.

btw- there are 3 3tc's at just one of our junk yards right now, so pretty fucking easy to find out here. Unfortuneately no one ever takes them because they just don't know the motor, so they just sit there forever then get squished eventually.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:48:33 AM by Rob.K »

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2009, 11:06:40 AM »

It's not just a drift mobile, it's a monument to my love of getting drunk and passing out at gay bars

Rob.K

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2009, 11:22:26 AM »

It's not just a drift mobile, it's a monument to my love of getting drunk and passing out at gay bars

Nice edit faggot, keep getting that post count higher, your online elitism is growing exponentially!!! What do u drive big shot?

Kenny Rogers

• Certified OG
  • I was raised on the dairy, bitch
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2009, 11:38:53 AM »

80% of the comments are "you're a fag".
The other 20% are actually good advice, but you're not very receptive of anyone's help here.  We might know a thing or two about Honda intake manifolds, 450's, and Holsets... nah, probably not.

Keep on keepin on.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »

Nice edit faggot, keep getting that post count higher, your online elitism is growing exponentially!!! What do u drive big shot?

I walked to work this morning, but I just climbed out of a 36K mile 2001 Firebird with an STS kit. Pretty fun car. 

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2009, 11:57:59 AM »

lol he doesnt know who Joseph Davis is.

Also, I would like to know where this junkyard exists that has 3 3TC's, as I will procure them and flip em for a pretty penny.  

You plan of waiting for the motor to pop, then building it wont happen.  Like everything else toyota made in the 80's, the 3tc runs stupid low oil pressure, and flow aint that great either.  Chances are, you will pound the rod bearings with detonation (which are too loose to begin with...) and spin a rod bearing/snap the rod/ hole in the side of the block in that order.  

The supra rear is a waste of time and money.  Find a rear from a 4wd pickup, as they are cheaper (and stronger).  Unless your gonna step up to the mk3 IRS rear, in which case go for it.

I very much suggest you have any w58 rebuilt, as they are WELL known to wear the output shaft bearing in under 80K miles.  Most of them on the road need rebuilt.  

Also, relative to the stretched tires discussion.  

"The wheel-rim width also affects grip and slip angle in a way similar to the effect of tire size. A wider rim offers less sideways flexibility and thus reduces tire distortion. Wide rims are used on cars where corning is important. The rim can be too wide, however, causing curvature of the tread surface and a subsequent loss of grip. ... "

- how to make your car handle, Fred Puhn

Basic tire/slip angle primer
http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/c1/index.htm

You arent going to have a problem making power.  Your problem will be controlling that power and atempting to drift with what will certainly be a laggy (in terms of boost threshold) setup.  Like I said, post the pics up when your wreck.  

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2009, 12:53:37 PM »

Also, I would like to know where this junkyard exists that has 3 3TC's, as I will procure them and flip em for a pretty penny.

He appears by the license plates to at least be in the same province as I am, if he is relatively close, I would be happy to procure those for you.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2009, 12:58:20 PM »

He appears by the license plates to at least be in the same province as I am, if he is relatively close, I would be happy to procure those for you.

This may be a possiblity.  3TC are hard as fuck to get here, and when you do find em they are usually blown up from the afforementioned conditions.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2009, 01:16:25 PM »

Where I live I can only find like 2 2tc and one 1 3tc and they are not in JY but in running cars.

In all the JY around me they crush anything circa 1990 and under. 

If you can find those 3tc's that easy hook some brothers up mang. ;D

BTW I perfer the 2tc b/c they came w/ forge crank, rods, and piston stock. :yes:

And I like the 76mm stroke for some 8k rev action on dual points. :evil:  (danm I miss my '75 Rolla Sport Coupe w/ SR5 package :'()

Rob.K

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »

robb- thanks for actuallymaking a serious post. you bring up some of my main worries. i modded theoil pump for more flow but still those bearings have been sitting there witgout oil for a while.  so its definitely a gamble, but the whole set up and efi is new to me so i dont want to chuck in a new bottom end that i will fuck up. i'm worried about the lag on the track as wel, and it might turn out that i need to switch turbos, but its worth a shot imo.  

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »

robb- thanks for actuallymaking a serious post. you bring up some of my main worries. i modded theoil pump for more flow but still those bearings have been sitting there witgout oil for a while.  so its definitely a gamble, but the whole set up and efi is new to me so i dont want to chuck in a new bottom end that i will fuck up. i'm worried about the lag on the track as wel, and it might turn out that i need to switch turbos, but its worth a shot imo.  

It wouldnt hurt to drop the oil pan and atleast plastigauge a couple of rod bearings. You may have some spare motors near you, but as best I can tell you wont find them laying around anywhere else.  Also kinda sounds like you underestimate the 2T/3T motor a bit.  A stock one with a shitty tune will live at 300hp forever And because I'm an intellectual being,  knock.  Just a thirsty motor (think 4g63) that has a few weak spots. Get enough fuel in it and watch the plugs and it will be fine. You are doing the right thing with the honda efi, just keep it real and draw your own conclusions from experience (lots of it on here on RHMT...)

Rob.K

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »

It wouldnt hurt to drop the oil pan and atleast plastigauge a couple of rod bearings. You may have some spare motors near you, but as best I can tell you wont find them laying around anywhere else.  Also kinda sounds like you underestimate the 2T/3T motor a bit.  A stock one with a shitty tune will live at 300hp forever And because I'm an intellectual being,  knock.  Just a thirsty motor (think 4g63) that has a few weak spots. Get enough fuel in it and watch the plugs and it will be fine. You are doing the right thing with the honda efi, just keep it real and draw your own conclusions from experience (lots of it on here on RHMT...)

Cool, thanks for the advice. It's not really underestimating it so much as nervous that it will all work.

So you don't think 450 will be enough for 12psi then?

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »

They should be good up to 18  :yes:
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2009, 09:53:33 PM »

With and hx-35? I doubt it, we ran out at 14psi on an LS.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2009, 11:09:30 PM »

With and hx-35? I doubt it, we ran out at 14psi on an LS.

shhh, let him try :p
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2009, 11:39:44 PM »

Cool, thanks for the advice. It's not really underestimating it so much as nervous that it will all work.

So you don't think 450 will be enough for 12psi then?

Pending the condition of your injectors, thats probably pushing it. SRT4 and wrx injectors are in your future I think. 

Poke around EM board for a hot minute dude.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2009, 09:19:58 AM »

On my SC14/D16 setup I ran out of fuel w/ my 450cc blue tops at around 14psig.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:58:39 AM by 92CXyD »

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2009, 09:38:32 AM »

OP Robb and JD will mock you while helping you; try not to get all but hurt just because there having fun with you.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up