:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Megasquirt Help!!  (Read 2063 times)

kamilk69

• Certified OG
Megasquirt Help!!
« on: July 13, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »

anyone good with megasquirt, im trying to get it to run in my focus. so far i got the injectors to pulse, iat working and coolant temp to work. but now the fucking car work produce a spark.

my setup uses a vr sensor and edis-4, ive switched my polarity and vr sensor and i still get fuck all.

the way i have it set up,

vr sensor - edis with 2 wire sheilded. then edis produce a base timing without any help from megasquirt and fire the coil but still nothing.

BigGameHit

• grassroots drifter
    • My Racing profile
Re: Megasquirt Help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:14:47 AM »

what version of MS is it???

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:25:39 AM »

IIRC the EDIS unit should spark without even being hooked up to the MS. When i tested mine, i just benched the edis unit with the VR sensor. Try switching the VR wires, its a common mistake.  It should spark regardless of MS, it will just run at base EDIS timing with I think is 10 deg.  double check your wiring something is up.

Also, a heads up, put the capacitor on the coil and run a stereo voltage filter on the power wire going to the MS.  I found it cleaned up all sorts of fuckery.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 07:58:03 PM »

Do you get an RPM reading in megatune?
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up