:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fucking chinese  (Read 2393 times)

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
Fucking chinese
« on: March 10, 2015, 11:46:58 PM »

Those 4 year olds  need to get their shit together. I spent several hours dicking around with a new slave cylinder for my 4runner. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I couldn't get it to bleed from the fucking bleeder. I figured something was jammed in the valve body or I forgot to take some little plastic piece out. Negative. The bleeder hole wasn't machined out deep enough, it didn't actually reach the clutch fluid at all. After I drilled it out and put everything back together again it still wasn't right- the 4runner would start, but the clutch was only barely engaging, which is backwards as fuck. So I took it off again and compared it to the old one with a more critical eye, and the whole damn part is fuct, the tabs that bolt it down are off, so it wasn't letting the clutch clamp all the way down.

I cross-referenced all the part numbers and the ebay post to make sure I didn't fuck up my order. The part is just fucked. And I'm still driving around with a half fuct slave and master cylinder.  :mexi:

ANYWAY- who has deals on legit toyota replacement parts?   :Jew:

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
Re: Fucking chinese
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 11:51:19 PM »

When it comes to critical parts like that, or brakes, or shit like that I always try to pick it up locally. That way if it's fucked I can go right back and get money back. I hate ordering parts from eBay like that.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 11:57:23 PM »

i like the $14 oriellys special slave cylinder, saved me a couple times... pair that up with a $35 centric master and you have a winning combo!... seriously tho, done this to a couple cars...
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

Xgenturbo

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 12:31:17 AM »

For that type of stuff I go to the stealership only. Yes you pay out the ass. No you wont die! For less critical shit I buy aftermarket at the local NAPA or other automotive stores. I rarely buy China made junk, at least not without research. Been burned one too many times. For the amount of grief it costs you and and the amount of times you'll spend money twice, you may as well do it right the first time.
I too am an OG : )

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 11:00:35 AM »

Isn't it like a Honda type where the pin is removable? If so you may be able to grindind it a tad shorter to let the release bearing pull farther away from the diaphragm fingers.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 04:02:04 PM »

Isn't it like a Honda type where the pin is removable? If so you may be able to grindind it a tad shorter to let the release bearing pull farther away from the diaphragm fingers.

Yes, it is removable. That would probably work, but I think because of how the cylinder body mounts, I think the pin would still be at a weird angle. Would probably still work, but I'd have to imagine it would shorten the life of it quite a bit?

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 04:03:54 PM »

For that type of stuff I go to the stealership only. Yes you pay out the ass. No you wont die! For less critical shit I buy aftermarket at the local NAPA or other automotive stores. I rarely buy China made junk, at least not without research. Been burned one too many times. For the amount of grief it costs you and and the amount of times you'll spend money twice, you may as well do it right the first time.

Yeah I think I'm going to try Napa for this next round. I put the old slave back on now and it works fine for now- it's mostly when it gets really cold outside that there is a problem, it sometimes won't be able to release the clutch far enough to get it to start...
Pages: [1]   Go Up