:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AEM F/IC on a MK3 Supra Turbo?  (Read 18407 times)

phillyd

• Life is Good
AEM F/IC on a MK3 Supra Turbo?
« on: March 06, 2009, 07:46:57 PM »

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with installing and or using an AEM F/IC on a MK3 supra turbo? I now they are intended for OBDII cars, but figured if anyone has figured it out, it would be some HMT peeps. Let me know or post up a link if you have any good info to direct me towards!

'#39#3988 supra turbo - needs moar bewst.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
Re: AEM F/IC on a MK3 Supra Turbo?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with installing and or using an AEM F/IC on a MK3 supra turbo? I now they are intended for OBDII cars, but figured if anyone has figured it out, it would be some HMT peeps. Let me know or post up a link if you have any good info to direct me towards!

FIC will work on a mk3, but not as well as the MAPECU.  Similar price at $400ish, the MAPECU is a speed density conversion, while FIC "can" do the speed density conversion, but its tricky and wasnt designed for it. 
FIC does have the ability to RETARD timing ONLY, while the MAPECU v1 cant control timing (version 2 can, but the price jumps to $700ish). 

However, I know from personal experience that a 7mgte with only the MAPECU and on a stock longblock (believe it or not) can make over 550whp on a mustang dyne with pump gas 93oct. Said car was driven daily, and had no problems. 

Honestly, if you plan on going over the 500 mark, you'd be best just getting an AEM EMS anyway.

clifs

FIC- controls Fuel and retards timing, tricky for speed Density.
MAPECU1= controls fuel, purpose built speed density
MAPECU2= everything as v1, with timing and a few more tidbits.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:56:34 AM by turbo4life »

blowoff valves are for pussies.

TTC

• Certified OG
Re: AEM F/IC on a MK3 Supra Turbo?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

I was tuning my buddies WRX RS 200 dollar swap with one, it was a pita. While getting it to idle I had to keep fighting the stock ecue while it would switch to closed loop.. I prefer megasquirt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up