:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who on here plays guitar?  (Read 3720 times)

DmC

• Certified OG
who on here plays guitar?
« on: January 11, 2010, 12:30:43 AM »

Yeah Ive been playing alittle bit here and there. I used to be way better then I am now but I had all of my gear stolen about 4 years ago and just got another guitar and amp.
   Does anyone know Of a good tablature site OLGA.net is gone from some type of infringment lawsuit.   ???

The only ones I can find are like ultimateguitar and about ten others that all link to the same database that sucks becuase almost all of them are wrong.

900s

• blew george and harveys brains out with my sixgun
Re: who on here plays guitar?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 12:56:09 AM »

Have a guitar, but fail miserably at playing. Only song I can play is God Save the Queen.

In for some good tab site though...
unofficial brokenog

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 01:22:04 AM »

I do, not into tab sites, tabs online suck 99% of the time. I was never into tabs though, I can pick it up by ear pretty fast.

I have a few guitars,
'71 fender mustang, sunburst with maple fretboard, seymour duncan lil'59 in the bridge
Waynes World edition strat, with yet another seymour duncan lil'59 in the bridge
Fernandez 7 string with sustainer pickup
I have an old Aria amp and a  Line 6 flextone ii or something like that, and a whole wack of boss stomp boxes. I run big heavy flatwound strings on everything, like .012-.056 and .013-.062
I have a pos yamaha acoustic as well.

I haven't really played much in the last 4 years, but I used to be pretty good, looking to get back into it this year, I want to get more into jazz.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 01:23:52 AM »

I tried to learn guitar, I failed. I used to could play a trumpet pretty well though. But I haven't played one in years.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

chris

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 01:35:25 AM »

I play both bass and guitar.

Im much better at bass and play bass solo's drunk most nights of the week. I practice 5-6 times a week and enjoyed local fame in a punk band boo for a falling.

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 01:40:09 AM »

I do, not into tab sites, tabs online suck 99% of the time. I was never into tabs though, I can pick it up by ear pretty fast.

I have a few guitars,
'71 fender mustang, sunburst with maple fretboard, seymour duncan lil'59 in the bridge
Waynes World edition strat, with yet another seymour duncan lil'59 in the bridge
I have an old Aria amp and a  Line 6 flextone ii or something like that, and a whole wack of boss stomp boxes. I run big heavy flatwound strings on everything, like .012-.056 and .013-.062

I haven't really played much in the last 4 years, but I used to be pretty good, looking to get back into it this year, I want to get more into jazz.
Nice guitars. I had a sweet 60's reissue strat and a washburn mercury and a nice tune amp I foret what brand it was though they were stolen back when but right now I'm getting by with a old Ibanez rx and a crate amp both suck but at the moment as bad as I'm playing there all I deserve. I'm only buying good gear again if a get to some goalsw Ive set to where I actually need them. It sucks though I'm trying to play the metal right now but this crap guitar won't hammer on like it should. ehh but what ever I can't even get the song right enough for that to even matter yet when it does I'll get something cool.....And your right about tabs sucking and playing by ear being better. but I'm not really good enough to get songs by ear all the time sometimes I can sometimes I can't

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 01:41:18 AM »

Im much better at bass and play bass solo's drunk most nights of the week. I practice 5-6 times a week and enjoyed local fame in a punk band boo for a falling.
Fuck so basically what your saying is that theres nothing I try to do that your not already better at.   ;D

chris

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 01:46:47 AM »

Im a horrible swimmer besides that I do everything pretty well.

Stealthmode

• Mufukkken 5 black Star General
  • Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 01:49:52 AM »

I've been pondering picking up my first bass guitar. I mean, I learned to type n shit in high school, plus.... I'm white. It can't be that bad.  :-\

Plus, all the illest songs start with a sticky bass line.  :noel:
I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 02:20:33 AM »

I have a few guitars,

Nice guitars. I had a sweet 60's reissue strat and a washburn mercury and a nice tune amp I foret what brand it was though they were stolen back when but right now I'm getting by with a old Ibanez rx and a crate amp both suck but at the moment as bad as I'm playing there all I deserve. I'm only buying good gear again if a get to some goalsw Ive set to where I actually need them. It sucks though I'm trying to play the metal right now but this crap guitar won't hammer on like it should. ehh but what ever I can't even get the song right enough for that to even matter yet when it does I'll get something cool.....And your right about tabs sucking and playing by ear being better. but I'm not really good enough to get songs by ear all the time sometimes I can sometimes I can't

I have a Ibanez, and rx320 or rg320?? or something I think, haven't even opened the case in years, never really liked it, I'm not into jumbo frets. I like a fatter mellow sound.

I have any old Peavey Predator too, same style set up as the Ibanez with a single coil in the neck and middle, with a humbucker in the bridge.

I also have a 5 string Yamaha bass, I think its called an AX5 or something, it has active pickups and gold hardware, its actually a decent playing bass, I have some big ass fender bass amp for it, no idea what it is.

If you are having issues with hammer ons and you aren't to setup savy yourself you will be amazed what a good guitar tech can do for you in regards to setup, it will feel like a new guitar. They should straighten your neck, adjust the action of all your strings, and tune your pickups at a minimum.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 03:39:56 AM »

JDSAP(JD SUCKS A PENIS)
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 09:15:43 AM »

I use YouTube a lot.  I find that half the time if you are checking out tab from a site and you think its wrong once you've used the tab to figure out the basics of the song you can hit up youtube and see how others are playing it.  This will give you 2 things, A) if the tab is wrong you will find the real notes and B) i always find it interesting to see what key folks are playing in and things like that.

Sometimes when you learn the tab and then go and listen to the song its not that the tab is wrong per se its just that the band is actually playing it drop tuned or in a slightly different key.  Sometimes tab leaves that out cause its easier to just give it to em straight.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

WPPF

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 12:30:27 PM »

I've played guitar since I was 8 years old.

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »

Playing for 24 years...
fuck you

bluebomber

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

Have an old Harmony that was given to me under the condition that I put it back together and learn to play back last spring, then bought an amp off an old friend so he could hitchhike back out to cali. I use ultimate guitar, its a starting point even if it isn't perfect. Guitar Pro 5 isn't bad either.

Loki

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »

I play, I'm ok at it.

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 02:38:58 AM »

Im much better at bass

+1

but im not that great at either, but def better at bass
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

chris

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 02:41:10 AM »

I can bust at bass and show up most of the kids at chico school of rock.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 09:41:27 AM »

Ive got a fucking Epiphone strat copy.  it was one of those 200 bucks at Costco (price club at the time, its from like 93 ish) so it came with the pitch pipe for tuning, a soft case, strings little like 10 watt amp and some Sweet Epiphone removable tattoo's. I had the frets worked, the neck, bridge and nut checked and dropped a Symore Duncan Hot rail humbucker in the last slot and Ive had people put down Ibenez Guitars to play my Piece of shit.  It has the fastest action Ive ever seen, you can fret it with Zero effort. Plus its covered in all sorts of cool ass Mid 90's stickers.

I keep it next to the Photo's and External HD in case of fire.  Cause its for sure one of the 4 items im grabbing on the way out.

Limp Bizkit Free since 93!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:43:01 AM by 97Econobox »

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 11:03:15 AM »

That's because you aren't white.

I can play guitar music through winamp, does that make me cool?

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »

That's because you aren't white.

I can play guitar music through winamp, does that make me cool?

You play the skin flute
fuck you
Pages: [1]   Go Up