:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cheap elbows  (Read 3055 times)

• Certified OG
cheap elbows
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:13:59 AM »

i was ordering parts last year for some bikes i was building tanks n shit for and i seen these so i ordered a couple just cause, figured i might use then for the exhaust on the bike

http://sharpeproducts.thomasnet.com/viewitems/pipe-tube-elbows/economy-formed-90-elbows?&forward=1  the 10 gauge steel ones are $2.37

they have seam that looks totally sealed but im not sure, anyone used these for a cheap turbo manifold?  id probly just run a bead on the seams, id only be using 6 of them for the manifold id make so it wouldnt be too much extra welding

CSaddict

• Certified OG
Re: cheap elbows
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:55:07 AM »

You would need to weld the seem or so it appears. I would think the extra work wouldn't be worth it vs buying a standard weld el.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:03:03 PM »

i have a feeling the seam is already welded even though the pic looks like it isnt
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 04:58:51 PM »

even if you did have to weld it whats that take another 10 min for a log. little longer for a ramhorn or whatever. shits like half the price.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

toyolla86

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 07:34:03 PM »

its probably cheaper due to the extra tiny bit of work you will have to do. no biggie. ill do it.
plus its probably already butted up nicely so that weld would be easy.
twin50 son. get some

and stop acting like a muslim

slappynuts

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:15:28 PM »

It looks like stainless ones are alot more expensive.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »

It's just that the regular SS elbows are priced for competition & higher volume, vs low volume steel. Most places I've seen barely offer a discount for SS over mild.

Now this shit as "shorty" style manifold or a log made of els and tube only would be pretty cheap. Actually cheaper than a cast steel version you could make via homeboy depot, and no grinding of threads needed.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up