:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone know much about the iac and racv valve on the TB/IM  (Read 2585 times)

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES
anyone know much about the iac and racv valve on the TB/IM
« on: March 29, 2009, 03:04:49 PM »

OK i am trying to figure out if the iac on the back of some intake manifolds and the racv on the obd2 throttle bodies are the same thing. the reason why i am asking is because i have a OBD2 civic ex and i am doing a mini-me z6 head on it. i bought a sheet-medal intake manifold and it doesn't have a spot for the iac valve. but i have a throttle bodie with the racv sensor and plug on it ( i have heard that this sensor is the same thing as the iac).but their is no plug on my harness for the 3 wire racv i only have the 2 wire iac plug. im just confused and not sure what to do. the guy i bought the mani from said he just bypassed the iac valve and unplugged it.. is this true
stock b20-vtec + 342hp 247wtq = NO TRACTION

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: anyone know much about the iac and racv valve on the TB/IM
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:23:32 PM »

The two and three wire IACVs are not compatible or interchangeable. 

You can set your idle with just the TB and idle screw; when unplugged the 3 wire IACV should default to a closed position and not pass air.  I really like a working IACV and suggest swapping to a 2-wire IACV compatible manifold as it helps with startup on cold days, but if you're on a budget that sort of thing is cosmetic and you can live without an IACV.

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES
Re: anyone know much about the iac and racv valve on the TB/IM
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »

wow... thanks alot for the info JD
stock b20-vtec + 342hp 247wtq = NO TRACTION
Pages: [1]   Go Up