:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: so what do u think of megasquirt v2. with edis ???  (Read 5912 times)

hotrex

• Certified OG
  • rough riding niggas since 2002
so what do u think of megasquirt v2. with edis ???
« on: February 11, 2010, 07:06:53 PM »

got a new toy in the stable and no i cant run crome.  can run some chips but would rather wire in megasquirt with a conversion harness from diy autotune.  is it worth it.?
1. nbspnbsp choda nbspnbsp 584 up, 134 down
 area between your bag and your asshole
Johnny bliss'#039#039s mom really worked my choda yesterday, I wont be able to ride my bike for a week

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
Re: so what do u think of megasquirt v2. with edis ???
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:13:57 PM »

only at >66% throttle  O0
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

nock

• pro... muther fuckin pro...
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 07:53:50 PM »

whats the new toy.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »

miata?

lolz
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

nock

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:55:38 PM »

edis is nice and wont crap out until about 9000 in most cases, but, no spark only rev limiter, only fuel, so if your boosted you'll have to build it into the spark table somehow.

for many cars, edis is no longer necessary, because most of the oem trigger wheels are supported. i believe MSII is also able to drive up to six COP ignitors using add on high current drivers. you can do the embedded magnet crank pulley thing, and trigger almost any ignition you want with high current drivers. some people have problems with COPs not charging fast enough to run in wasted spark, in almost every case it was fixed by adding a cam sensor.

there is a fuck ton of engines supported now, just look here:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/MS2-Extra_Ignition.htm

hotrex

• Certified OG
  • rough riding niggas since 2002
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 12:27:20 AM »

91 volvo 740 turbo wagon.  b230ft
1. nbspnbsp choda nbspnbsp 584 up, 134 down
 area between your bag and your asshole
Johnny bliss'#039#039s mom really worked my choda yesterday, I wont be able to ride my bike for a week

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 02:02:50 AM »

Crome.

nock

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:40:52 AM »

looks the same as the old bosch setup, if you have a LH distributor, then it has a 4 window hall sensor, and megasquirt can trigger from it directly.

i dont think all the volvo ignitors are same (dwell/no dwell) i dont know for sure. the v3 hardware has a single coil driver built in, i think you would be better off using that instead of the bosch ignitor (most new megasquirts sold are v3). using the megasquirt coil driver will simplify things allot. for the most part all bosch coils are the same, weak. so i would ditch the the bosch coil and put a HEI coil on it (v3 can drive HEI coils directly), that way you can have a hotter coil and get away with running more gap per pound of boost, blah blah blah, and not really spend anymore money.

if you still want to ditch the distributor, you can just add another coil driver to megasquit (not hard at all) and drive a edis/neon/gm wasted spark coilpack directly. and trigger megasquirt from a flying magnet crank pulley setup, and still not really have to buy anything except a crank trigger pickup.

i think you could just buy a edis trigger wheel that fit right on a b230, but nobody really uses edis anymore so i dont if you can still get them.

also, what ever setup you decide on, make sure to mark the crank pulley at -10deg, then run it with a flat 10deg btdc map, and verify with a timing light. i cant remember how many times ive seen out of wack timing on setups that i didnt even think it was possible to fuck up. there is all kinds of ways to screw it up, inverted hall inputs, off the wall dwell numbers, offsets built into the crank decoder for different engines, fucked up filtering numbers, magnetic vs flux hall sensors, and thats just the shit i can remember. i would fully expect a prefect setup, running with its original crank trigger wheel intact, to be 1-3 deg off for no good reason at all.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 03:44:55 AM by nock »

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 01:03:10 PM »

In all honestly my edis system works great. BUT, it took a long fucking time to get it like that with a lot of fucking around.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 08:41:42 PM »

91 volvo 740 turbo wagon.  b230ft

If you manage to blow that up like the others, that means you're trying to. Or your kid is throwing shit down the spark plug holes.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

bryantaylor

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 12:20:35 AM »

i have megasquirt v3.0 on my miata and had v2.2 on my old turbo probe.  i have never had a problem out of either.  it will do what you need it to and do it on the cheap.
90 miata - t3 and megasquirt
95 mark VIII
06 GSX-R 600
 i changed my sig as per Robb

bigwig

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 12:29:26 AM »

i have megasquirt v3.0 on my miata and had v2.2 on my old turbo probe.  i have never had a problem out of either.  it will do what you need it to and do it on the cheap.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't seem to find Megasquirt III for sale.  I can online find Megasquiirt II v 3.0

Aero

• Turbotalk.org
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 12:37:54 AM »

Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't seem to find Megasquirt III for sale.  I can online find Megasquiirt II v 3.0

He is referring to the board revision number, not the version of MS firmware.   

nock

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 08:58:56 PM »

when i start screwing around with this stuff there were only two versions to deal with, i guess all this has become pretty confuseing

megasquirt, all the pretty colors:

msI-v1.0: the frist fuel only production megasquirt

msI-v2.0: if i recall, this was shit caned after the frist group buy and became v2.2

msI-v2.2: fuel only 8x8 tables, this is the version that really caught on.
msIextra-v2.2: is the same thing but with the extra code loaded on the chip, it has 16x16 fuel and spark tables, n2o, boost control, blah, blah, blah

msII-v2.2: this the v2.2 board with the msII chip which has a faster cpu and stepper iac driver on it, it dose most of the shit that msI extra dose only its made by B&G and has better enrichments (extau), better accel & deccel, wide band ego support, etc.
msIIextra-v2.2: this is the same thing but with the extra code loaded, operationaly there is not to much difference here, the tables are the same size, both can map/maf blend, accel & deccel are the same, the real difference here is ignition. it will support almost any crank trigger setup, and almost any coil setup (single, wasted spark, coil on plug) it also has an improved boost controller.

msII-v3.0: these are the new boards with msII chips. the new board has a single channel ignition driver built in, the fly back hardware is also inclueded so high or low Z injectors are no problem, there is also a vr/hal/opto/points conditioner circuit that can trigger from almost anything.
msIIextra-v3.0: same thing but with the extra code loaded. because msIIextra supports so many crank trigger wheels, and the v3 hardware has all the nice conditioner circuits and ignition drivers, all it takes is a few ecu hardware mods to run almost any engine out there.

msI-v3.0: these are the newer borads the msI chips. i list it here because these units are being sold and it can be confuseing for someone who dose not know all the ms types
msIextra-v3.0: same thing with msI extra code

Eville140

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 11:39:21 AM »

Fuck the edis shit, you won't have a spark cut limiter, and can't cut timing past 10 btdc on the 2-step.

Run the ms2 extra code, use the ford 36-1 trigger wheel and sensor and then use the spark outputs going to a dsm ignitor and then whatever coil setup you want.

This will give you a spark cut limiter, flat shift, and a two step that can cut retard timing back to 10 atdc and cut spark
(instant 20+ pounds of boost)

This is the setup I'm running on my starlet and it works frigging great.

aww shit, just seen it was a 2.2 board, not a ms2

but you can do about the same setup with the ms1.   Just look at the instructions for modding it for a dsm, but leave the inputs setup for a trigger wheel.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:41:52 AM by Eville140 »

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »

Can I get more info on this please?

nock

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 07:15:50 PM »

more shit then anyone ever wanted to know about ignition...

i thought edis could be driven below 10deg, it just cant cut out a cycle or be turned off without defaulting to 10deg.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »

more shit then anyone ever wanted to know about ignition...

i thought edis could be driven below 10deg, it just cant cut out a cycle or be turned off without defaulting to 10deg.

They did it by messing with the voltage to the coils iirc. Not something im really interested in.  I'm probably gonna run the 36-1 wheel with the VR sensor and use either honda or bosche ignitors to fire a ford coil
Pages: [1]   Go Up