:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B swap wiring  (Read 1587 times)

Jorsher

• Certified OG
B swap wiring
« on: March 08, 2010, 03:28:44 PM »

With the exception of a few things, figured where all the wiring goes...

This is coming off the wire cluster that went to the driver side fan.  No idea where this should go or what its purpose is.  Also, since the CRX had two fans and I'm now using a half rad (rigged with wire ties of course), should I use this plug (with the ... relay?) or the other, or does it not matter?  I assume this is the AC fan and I can just tuck the wires away somewhere.

The rectangularish, white, 2 wire plug near the top of this picture.  It's in the same group as the two sensors on the back of the block. I'm guessing ignore this one: "Now you need to plug from the harness to all your sensors, its pretty much plug and play and its not that easy to confuse. You will have one extra plug that you cant plug in, its an extra, its white, square in shape and has 2 wires,"

One wire, round plug, comes off the same cluster that goes to the reverse light switch and the two sensors on the passenger side of the head...  As far as the reverse light switch, the B series trans has two green wires with a black stripe, and the harness has a yellow wire and green wire...being that the two wires on the b-series side seem to be the same color, I assume it doesn't matter which wire goes where?

This comes off the big cluster of wires that goes to the three big plugs on the passenger side, and this wire comes off around the starter.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:34:52 PM by Jorsher »

snm95ls

• Certified OG
Re: B swap wiring
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:34:02 PM »

pic one:

Dunno for sure.  Probably the AC compressor wire if it is red.

pic two:

Looks like IACV.

pic three:

Probably a white wire which is your single wire OBD0 oxygen sensor signal wire.

pic four:

It comes out by the starter because it goes to the starter.  That looks like it is the solenoid wire.  Should be a thick black wire with a white tracer(I think).

Jorsher

• Certified OG
Re: B swap wiring
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:00:32 PM »

Great, thanks.  So the first two I can ignore.  I completely removed the AC so you are free to do whatever you want with that bracket.  FUCK IT.  Turbo > Comfort, and I don't see how a beefy turbo can live side-by-side with an AC compressor.

3rd one - forgot all about the O2 sensor wire (damn alcohol).  Have the 4 wires string from the ECU, waiting on the test pipe to come in since the header doesn't have O2 bungs.

4th - good, what I expected, just don't have the starter yet

Now for all the damn hoses........

I think the front most, passenger side radiator outlet goes to the top of the radiator, and the one closer to the firewall on that side goes to the bottom of it.  Ordered del slo vtak upper and lower radiator hoses, hopefully they work.

I have the heater hose from the passenger side of the engine near the radiator outlets going to the part on the firewall that's cable actuated.

The other heater hose that's above that part on the firewall....does it go to the port on the back of the block closest to the driver side or passenger side?  It has two outlets, and a third smaller one...I'm assuming the other large one of the two loops up to the head, unsure onthe third smaller one.

BEER FTW
Pages: [1]   Go Up