:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help with bullshit wiring  (Read 2057 times)

2slow

need help with bullshit wiring
« on: March 10, 2010, 06:55:05 PM »

i have a 92 civic dx sedan. previously either a :mexi: or a  O0 worked on it. i was told that it intermittently would not start. to fix this problem a  O0 / :mexi: did some  O0:mexi: wiring to solve it instead of just correcting the problem. they hooked up a push button start from the battery to the starter signal wire (stipped the starter wire and wrapped the pust start wire around it). well that wiring he did caught on fire, and since then the car has not started. i removed the dash (to paint it blue because i suck cock) and it did not damage any other wires but now it will not start. im getting fuel to the rail, and im getting spark from the dizzy. timing belt is in tact and has good compression. it has no cels and the check engine light cycles as it is supposed to. also there is no visual damage to the ecu. i want to get it running becuase i want to turbo it.
     i aslo found two wires on the drivers side near the door that i can figure out where they go the connector has been cut off and im thinking maybe this is my problem.
     one is blu-grn and the other is gry-blk

they lead into this harness

also i doubt this will help but here is a pic of kain

Tim

• Certified OG
Re: need help with bullshit wiring
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:14:57 AM »

im getting fuel to the rail, and im getting spark from the dizzy. timing belt is in tact and has good compression. it has no cels and the check engine light cycles as it is supposed to. also there is no visual damage to the ecu.
you say you have fuel to the rail, compression, and spark.  I would elaborate on confirming fuel to the cylinder then.
I would throw a screw driver on an injector to see if you can hear it 'click' if I'm lazy but really I would pull an injector plug and replace it with a test light to see if its getting a signal.

What is the pressure at the rail?
I had a truck that wouldn't start cause the pressure was too low from a bad pump,
a car that wouldn't start cause the pressure was too high from a bad fpr,
and a car that wouldn't start cause the wire from the injectors to the ecu were unplugged at the dead man's plug.

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:03:56 PM »

does it run on starting fluid?

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

2slow

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 02:12:21 AM »

i havent tried. the starting fluid ill give it a shot. also i forgot to mention that the time when it did run and drive the push button start was never used. FUCK I HATE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

2slow

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 03:35:12 PM »

so today i did some work on the car just checking all my wiring and shit. i check for continuity from the ecu to the injectors,dizzy, and main relay. i basically checked everything that i already checked 4 times. well i went to start it and it seem like it wanted to start so i kept cranking and eventually it started. it ran like shit for a few minutes probably due to sitting for 6 months prior to me buying it. but then it started to run smooth. so now i get to turbo it. i will have a build thread in a month or two. i work alot and need to also tie up some loose ends on it

theidealone

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »

Pretty sure those two lose wires are speaker wires.
Pages: [1]   Go Up