:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: difference between US and Canadian ECUs?  (Read 2172 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
difference between US and Canadian ECUs?
« on: April 21, 2010, 01:13:59 AM »

ECU in question would be a 37820-P73-A02 and 37820-P73-C02... but i would assume the difference would be across the board for Honda ECUs...

so anyone know what the differences are? as far as i have heard the emissions systems are the same for both US and Canada. and only things i have seen different between US and Canadian models is the SRS setups and daytime running lights? California cars got Lxx ECUs, so could it be a difference in gas octanes/ratings?

anyone got a solid answer for this? compared the bins? anything factual to shed some light?
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: difference between US and Canadian ECUs?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:10:29 AM »

http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view.pl/Library/EcuDefinitionCodes is of no help to you.

Seems like it's all semi-interchangeable, but you need to verify if you run into IMMO or PA conflicts.  Actually, you won't have PA problems since it's in the ECU + if the ECU doesn't support it/doesn't have one then it won't look for it. 

Find an asshat with a .ca spec ITR and ask him if he has a generic scantool that looks for readiness tests and can read VIN, if it does you should be good to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up