:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 200sx Stank ride build  (Read 24260 times)

ironcrx

Re: 200sx Stank ride build
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 01:04:56 PM »

And both will be the turbo model with all the options  O0
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

ironcrx

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »

The stank 200 rides again niggers!!!

I finally got around to setting the damn timing correctly and PERFECTLY.  put the shit back together, charged up the battery and fired that bad cunt up.

Im sure i still got to play with the turbo shit.  like the wastegate actuator since its adjustable(hks) and I have no idea what its set to.  I cant seem to get the stock boost gauge to work so Ill be hooking up an aftermarket one soon which I happen to already have  :noel:.

Im still having 2 issues with it though: power drain (which I havnt looked into today) and it dies while cruising when I have the clutch engaged.  Weirdest thing which ill get into:

Starts up fine, drives, rives, hauls fairly well.  Well for some odd reason when driving at cruising speed (say 35mph) I come to a stop light so Just push the clutch in while slowing down to a stop.  The rpms drop quick like they should but it plummets straight to zero and is dead.  WTF so I turn the car on quickly and Im lucky it starts fine and didnt strand me.  Cruising again at 35 i test it out on the dying problem.  Cruising I engage clutch and let the car coast.  It dies.  BUT when I release the clutch the car pick back up and drives like normal.  WTF! 

I hope that shit makes sense guys cause its the weirdest thing to me.  Im also new to working with turbos so go easy on me with that shit.

oh yea: running that bitch open header.  Sounds nasty as fuck but I kinda like it.  Except for all the exhaust slowly poisoning me.  :?:

vids of how the thing sounds plus a vid of the cluster while doing the cruising speed with engine rpm dropping to zero with clutch engaged.

The issue i got (watch the tach and keep in mind im driving at like 40.  the speedo doesnt work atm) And dont mind my friends shitty camera work.  Youl hear him whining

Engine bay shot with some revs

Rippers will come once I got this shit handled and tuned/fiddled with a bit
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:17:45 PM by ironcrx »
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 09:44:38 PM »

You mean open downpipe?

I would first check whatever nissan used to regulate idle air in that era. could be as simple as a dirty/clogged iacv.
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

ironcrx

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 10:03:17 PM »

Open downpipe.  Yea thats what I meant.  See how new to actually having boost I am  :P

I guess I can look into that.  What sucks is that issue only happens at higher cruising speeds.  I drove though my neighborhood just fine and stopped at each stop sign with no issues.  Hitting the main roads is an issue though  :-\.  This never happened while the car was NA before turbo.

Ugh, wish I could just find the previous owner who did all this shit and punch him in the mouth

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 11:17:33 PM »

Is it a maf, map, or vam system? I had a similar problem with an SVO mustang, where the recirc wasn't working right. It would run great under no boost, but when boost came into play, it would slam back into the vam, shutting the door thing, and making it act all fucked up. I could see a maf system doing the same thing, making the thermistor have a false reading.
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

NoPistons!

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 06:11:38 AM »

I fucking hate you.

More pictures and get rid of that damn bov.

Fuck bovs....

ironcrx

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »

I fucking hate you.

More pictures and get rid of that damn bov.

Fuck bovs....

That bov was free and I only use it to prevent flutter from happening since im using a t25 running straight to the TB.

One of yall should sell me one thats more practical and for nigger cheap  O0

Tomorrow Ill be getting to work on it to get more shit working and maybe address the dying issue if at all possible.

NoPistons!

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 05:22:21 AM »

Man, people run no bov all the time on those things.  Put a 360 degree thrust in there if you're worried about it.

Eh...i drift and i'm a rotard so it doesn't matter.  Lol.  Buy one of those china nog things off a website where people dont give a fuck about money....like the supra forums or zilvia...

ironcrx

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:36 AM »

I could do that.  For now that ghetto rigged bov will have to do.  I just like to play it safe with this motor since Im not sure what it can do or what it can handle being 25 years old

Ill look into some of that shit.

ironcrx

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »

the bov is off and in its place is a wrap of tape covering the hole in the charge pipe  :mexi:  I do still need a proper bov on it when I get it to daily driving status.  Its not for the noise, its for preventing any wrecking of parts on the super old motor and/or turbo.

Shit runs pretty good but I still need to wait on getting the exhaust piping from the turbo elbow to the cat so I can stop poisoning myself with exhaust fumes and to ensure zero outside air contaminating the o2 sensor readings (located in the turbo elbow which is open air atm)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:41:32 PM by ironcrx »

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »

Speedo not working might have something to do with it dying.

Some cars read the speedo signal and open the IAC a little if it is moving and the clutch is depressed.
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2010, 08:03:25 AM »

The later Nissans die like that when the MAF is bad, or poorly grounded.  If you monitor MAF voltage, it stays higher than idle voltage for a couple seconds after the motor's died.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:50:04 PM by Joseph Davis »

rawr2d2

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2010, 09:22:39 AM »

The later Nissans die like that when the MAF is bad, or poorly grounded.  If you monitor MAF voltage, it stays higher than idle voltage for a couple seconds after the motor's died.

fixed for failure

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »

fixed for failure

Fixed without your fix for failure.

ironcrx

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »

Oh snap didnt look into trying that shit.  Ill give that a shot to see if theres any issues with the MAF

So far ive driven it for a few days now and got the exhaust hooked up and sounding good.  Its quiet with the exception of the buss from the turbo.

Hasnt died on me since I got all the vacuum shit worked out good enough to run.

Only issues:
-some slight hesitation/studdering at lower rpms (below 3k) which isnt bad but I wonder how much its holding back on power potential.  Im positive its timed right but im somewhat concerned that the car can run better with new plugs and wires (autozone wires and ngk plugs that are probably fouled from running the car NA with fucked up timing).  I got the autozone wires because a damaged and broke the ngk wires by being careless when working on it a few weeks ago  :'(
-vacuum reads at 20 for idle but boost never makes it past 3 or 4.  I know theres a stock boost limiter that I gotta mess with/remove which Im learning about from the s12 forums.  I should also look into a boost controller after that.
-rpm needle bounces quite a lot at sitting idle when car isnt moving.  sits fine when coasting.  I dont get it but maybe its a sympotom of one of my other smaller problems.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2010, 06:27:13 AM »

Seems like one of those nightmare cars that you wouldn't buy again, given the chance. I think we've all had one or 7 of those.

ironcrx

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2010, 09:10:17 PM »

Made a ton of progress since I got it.  Turns out the hesitation under 3k rpm is from a bad coil.  This bitch has 8 injectors.  2 external distributor coils.  One for intake side, one for exhaust when it comes to the plugs.  Apparently with whatever fucked up way nissan developed it, shit turns on/off at higher rpm  ???.  I switched the plugs on the coils and the bitch ran good.  I have only replaced one of the coils when I first got it.  Ill replace the other soon.

Shit, In a few months I will be getting another one.  Cant resist an 84 turbo with digital dash and stock turbo hood  :noel:

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2010, 09:12:30 PM »

Cant resist an 84 turbo with digital dash

Does it talk to you like those faggot fucking 300ZX?  I could crush those fucking things.

ironcrx

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 09:35:46 PM »

Most all s12's talk to you.  My 85 does.  The benefit though is the voice isnt near as annoying.  I did a comparison with a friend and got him to admit his voice warnings bitch sounded like a cunt.  The voice thing only comes on for keys in ignition, lights still on, and maybe one other thing I havnt heard yet.

mrgreengenes

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2010, 10:56:07 AM »

The voice thing only comes on for keys in ignition, lights still on, and maybe one other thing I havnt heard yet.

It says "DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!!1" if you overboost it

Phate

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2010, 11:08:26 AM »

The voice thing only comes on for keys in ignition, lights still on, and maybe one other thing I havnt heard yet.

That was perfect.  Glad my car doesn't talk to me, otherwise it'd be bitching about rod bearings, and I'd respond with revlimiter.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »

That was perfect.  Glad my car doesn't talk to me, otherwise it'd be bitching about rod bearings, and I'd respond with revlimiter.

Quoted for awesomness
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

ironcrx

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »

Id cut the bitch. I know where she fucking lives:  In the kick panel  O0

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 03:34:20 PM »

My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

ironcrx

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »

Hell yea sweet.

Im about to get back to work.  Finished moving recently :mexi:

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »

Hell yea sweet.

Im about to get back to work.  Finished moving recently :mexi:

I hate moving :-X
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

ironcrx

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2010, 10:53:05 AM »

Tell me about it.  Even after junking 2 civics jammed with shit I still had way too much crap to move.  In the process of organizing room in my garage to work cause FUCK WORKING IN THE FLORIDA SUN!

Also seems I have lost my impact gun during the move.  sonofabitch! :?:

ironcrx

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2010, 11:15:28 AM »

Some cool developments.

im selling the stank 200 next week for double what bought it for and put into it.  With that cash Ill be buying the other s12 ive had my eye on (84 turbo with dealer options and digital dash plus stock turbo hood)

So anyone got any nissan t2 or t25 turbos around :-p.  I know this new car will be needing some serious overhauling but in the long run it should be more with it than the current one.

Pics and shit next week when I drag it out of the ground  :o

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2010, 08:43:57 PM »

I got a t25 that I'm looking to trade up from. It's on my DD, so I'd have to replace it quickly. Just throwing that out if you have something lying around.

ironcrx

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 12:40:25 PM »

Fucking shit another setback.

Im in the middle of trying to sell the stank ride so I can buy the other s12 i been eyeing. 

If i get it running correctly without its stupid starting issue it will sell for almost double what I bought it for.

Of course my luck is shitty: today i started on setting the timing since its off about 15 degrees mechanically.  As im pulling the bottom timing cover off it smashes into the radiator and punches a small hole in it.  FUCK!  So Im currently letting it dry out after draining the radiator so I can patch up the hole with jb weld.  Ive done this twice before.. :mexi:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up