:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on lm-2 and i cant get my apu1 to emulate????  (Read 1645 times)

si 1

Question on lm-2 and i cant get my apu1 to emulate????
« on: June 10, 2010, 02:06:40 PM »

So yesterday i went to tune one of my friends car and i had just bought a lm-2 wideband. I calibrated the o2 in the free air and everything read correct at 20.9. When i hook it up to the car it started reading weird numbers it goes from 20.9 to 17.9 then all the sudden the number are in bold and it goes through like 100 somthing and goes down to eventally what the car was idling at at like 15.00 somthing. So heres a video i did a test to show you what the reading are coming out as and is this normal??

As for the apu1 i was using crome and i could not get the real time emulating working on it. I used this just last year and it worked fine now it wont let me. Does anyone know if the crome 1.5.3 would be any different then the 1.5

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: Question on lm-2 and i cant get my apu1 to emulate????
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »

After calibration the sensor should read a steady 20.8-20.9 when resting in free air.  If you read the LM-2 manual (it installs with Logworks3, sift your Start menu), reading richer than that even by a tenth or so indicates a sensor that is either going bad or ready to be thrown away.

I've had my LM-2 read supa-lean in bold before, usually during decels or when breaking up under load, and other odd transitories where I figured the sensor's temperature had been compromised (temperature has to be precisely controlled or it's output is not accurate).  I'm ASSuming you sprayed the towel in your video with butane or carb cleaner or something?  The way the wideband behaves is not anything I'm used to, and sensor response seems to be really slow.  I hate to say it, but try another sensor.  You're going to be trying another sensor a lot as long as you run shelf widebands - the sensors are a VW/Bosch part, hope you weren't expecting quality.

I have no experience with the APU1.  I'm pretty sure Tunerpro supports it, try to flash your Crome .bins with it and see if that helps you troubleshoot.

si 1

Re: Question on lm-2 and i cant get my apu1 to emulate????
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »

Thanks for the reply, your the man. I guess ill buy another sensor its kinda bullshit that a brand new sensor isn't working right. I think im also just going to sell this apu1 i don't really want to mess with it anymore plus it would probably help a guy with a gm or dodge more then it will benefit me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up