:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: soccer  (Read 9651 times)

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: soccer
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 04:58:53 PM »

What the hell happen to Spain they were favorite to make all the way to at least the semi's. :?:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/standings

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 05:13:20 PM »

NASCAR=NECKCAR = sux dick, it must be challenging to make left turns.  :?:

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 06:21:35 PM »

I may have a slight interest in soccer, as soon as they start penalizing the divers. Until then there is just too much smell of stank pussy.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

bigwig

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 06:52:51 PM »

I may have a slight interest in soccer, as soon as they start penalizing the divers. Until then there is just too much smell of stank pussy.

They do penalize the divers when they catch them.  Ozil from Germany got a yellow card for driving.  A few other people got one as well I believe.  Divers are awful, but they haven't been as bad as years in the past.  It gets worse in later stages though.

What the hell happen to Spain they were favorite to make all the way to at least the semi's. :?:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/standings

Several things.

1) Spain is not good at playing with a single striker.  With Fernando Torres on the bench, the only way Spain can score is by being "clever".  Well, if you play hard nosed defense and just pack it in, clever offense doesn't result in a lot of scoring opportunities.  They MUST get Fernando Torres in the starting line up and hope he finds his stride.  For those who are unaware, Torres suffered from knee injures most of the season and is just getting off knee surgery.  He hasn't played much since March/April.

2) Spain's defense is completely overrated.  Puyol is up there with John Terry as the most overrated defenders in the world.  He's too short, he makes too many mistakes, and overall he leaves a lot to be desired.  Pique I think is their most talented defender, but Pique is just coming into his own so he is still rough around the edges.  Sergio Ramos is incredibly talented and versatile, but he not a fantastic defender.  He offers a lot on the field, but he's not what I'd call a "solid defender".  Lastly, Capedevilla is fucking fat and slow.  He doesn't deserve to be on the field.  I really don't understand that choice.

3) Xavi and Iniesta are spoiled by Lionel Messi.  They play with a brilliant scorer who creates his own goals.  Although Xavi and Iniesta are excellent creative midfielders, they simply suck and scoring and are too short/weak to be real offensive threats.  If Torres isn't on the field, those guys need to try to score.  The only one looking to score in the midfield is David Silva and Xabi Alonso(long shots).

In the end, Spain should advance but there is a good chance they will advance in second place.  This means they most likely will have to play Brazil in the first round.  That means #1 and #2 in the world playing in the first of the knock out rounds.  That's a HUGE game and normally happens in late stages in the tournament.  Spain really fucked themselves on this one.

If you want to see another team beat Spain in a similar way, look back to 2009's Confederation Cup and the US beat Spain under almost the exact same circumstances.  Spain didn't start Torres, made similar subs, played almost the same way, and the US beat them on the counter attack under defensive break downs.

Spain needs to shape up or they are fucked.  Especially if they finish second in their group.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 06:56:58 PM »

Soccer is to slow of a game. If it were as fast as lacrosse, or hockey I would be ok with it.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

ironcrx

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »

The real experience is to be an a game.  I went to the eurocup 6 years ago.  It.  Was.  Amazing.  :noel:
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

bigwig

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 08:46:47 PM »

The real experience is to be an a game.  I went to the eurocup 6 years ago.  It.  Was.  Amazing.  :noel:

I've never been to a big international game, but going to see games at a bar with good beer with a bunch of soccer nuts can be a lot of fun too.

90boostdaccord

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 07:59:31 AM »

the diving in soccer is no worse than in the NBA.  Paul Pierce would be a good example of a fucking diver. 

on any day, any team can be upset.  its like a chess match tactically.  people who don't follow the sport find it hard to get into because they don't understand the little things that make it great.

jabberwock

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2010, 12:01:51 PM »

bigwig

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »

the diving in soccer is no worse than in the NBA.  Paul Pierce would be a good example of a fucking diver. 

on any day, any team can be upset.  its like a chess match tactically.  people who don't follow the sport find it hard to get into because they don't understand the little things that make it great.

Today were two of the worst matches for divers.  No surprise, Italy and Brazil were falling over themselves all day today.  I'm really disappointed in the ref for letting either of those sides get away with it.  A couple of yellow cards could have resulted in both sides playing much less dramatically.  It worked in Germany's first game.

Overall, I'd say this World Cup is going to take a huge turn for the worse.  Italy are probably going to advance on some bullshit WOP Flop nonsense penalty kick.  Brazil will continue to win because they are great but also because they constantly get fouls they simply don't deserve.  France sucks, but the way they are acting is fucking despicable.  How any group of highly regarded professionals can treat the biggest soccer tournament in the world as if it doesn't matter is truly mind blowing.

I haven't even began to discuss how badly officiated the games have been.  The Germany game where Klose got the red card.  Give me a break.  Fabiano getting a 2 handball goal and the ref laughing and smiling about it afterwards.  The US goal being called back for a touch foul.  Rossi flopping in the box to get a penalty.  Ronaldo flopping all over the place and it being okay because "he's one of the best".  Frankly, I blame the big club teams for breeding this kind of behavior and coaches like Dunga don't help a damn thing.  Most of the premier teams right now should be ashamed of how they've played this second round of games.  I hope FIFA gets the officials in line and they really start cracking down on this nonsense.  Not the way they did during the Germany game because it is simply not the answer to give a yellow card to everyone and anyone, but to reward good, "clean", hard playing teams and penalize the teams just looking to con the refs into an easy goal.

90boostdaccord

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »

Agreed.  Italy were trash, and I also wouldn't be surprised to see them go through by cheating.  Brazil did do some diving, but they were also on the end of some studs first tackles today.  Dunga didn't help the cause with his fucking pathetic bitching at EVERYTHING.  And Ivory Coast were pathetic with their diving.

The only way that FIFA will get it right is if they impose sanctions after the match when they review.  We are in for a turn for the worse, because the only way any of the top teams will beat each other is by feigning injury to get top players in trouble.  It really quite unfortunate.

Of course, that would mean that Clint Dempsey would be sent off for his elbow in the first minute.  I don't believe that they should be able to change results, and I also don't see how they can change anything over the course of a match without interrupting the play.  That's one of the reasons I love this game.  It never stops.

fysh

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »

2 things FIFA should change:

1. Have an official or two dedicated to watching live video feed of the match. It worked once on accident and overturned a bad call by the ref. Cameras see a lot of angles that the refs cant. Plus since its live, the game isn't slowed down.

2. Ban soccer from my vuvezela concert. People running around kicking a ball is very distracting from me trying to enjoy the beautiful sound of an angry wasp nest for 90 minutes.

bigwig

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »

2 things FIFA should change:

1. Have an official or two dedicated to watching live video feed of the match. It worked once on accident and overturned a bad call by the ref. Cameras see a lot of angles that the refs cant. Plus since its live, the game isn't slowed down.

2. Ban soccer from my vuvezela concert. People running around kicking a ball is very distracting from me trying to enjoy the beautiful sound of an angry wasp nest for 90 minutes.

100% agree.

I think Brazil did enough diving for me to be upset at their conduct at the end of the game.  Ivory Coast players are no angels when it comes to diving either, but I felt their diving ramped up after Brazil got so many calls in their favor due to their dramatics.

Ivory Coast honestly doesn't deserve to move on to the next stage because their defense is rubbish and they play like rich Africans.  They only care when they get pissed off or when the ball is at their feet.  Absolutely no heart and no one tries to work off the ball.  Watch Kalou for a few minutes today and he embodied what their team is.  He never tried despite being one of the best players on the field.  He is blessed enough to play beside someone he plays with 9 months of the year who also happens to be top 10 strikers in the world, yet he couldn't be bothered to put any effort into the game.

Overall, I hope FIFA and the refs get things in order quickly for the sake of the game.  In the end, I'm sure they won't fix a fucking thing because it will increase attention on the games, which will increase viewership, which will increase future revenue.  In the end, that is all that matters to them.

90boostdaccord

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 05:37:10 PM »

They were quite poor.  They all looked disinterested.  Just like England.  They would lose a ball on the dribble, and not even try to get it back.  How about France?  They should have never brought Domenech to manage this team after naming his replacement.

bigwig

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 12:19:01 AM »

France has been doomed after since Zidane left.  They've been horrible ever since then.  They showed moments at times of getting their act together, but then it was gone.  Ribery was Frances bright light, but he has given up.  He used to be 100% hustle all game long.  Now that he is considered one of the best players in the world (top 100?), gets paid handsomely, and helped bring his club team to the Champions League final, I think he has lost that fire.  I think he feels accomplished enough and his national team pride is gone.  Frankly, I understand because for the last 3+ years, he's been the only one that tried except for Toulalan, Vierra, and Gallas.  Do I think it's a coaching issue?  Absolutely.  They need a coach to inject an identity into the team so they can come up with a way to win.  Look at teams like Brazil, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, and you see teams who use their positive attributes to form excellent squads.  France neglected to do that.  I will blame the coach for that.  I will blame the players 100% for their lack of heart, dignity, and respect.  Frankly, even if I coached France, I'd expect them to do better than 2-0 to fucking Mexico.  You have some of the best players in the world.  You have a top 10 goalie in the world.  You have world class strikers, midfielder, and defense-men and yet can't score against Uruguay.  A coach can only do so much.  At some point, you need to just fucking will yourself to win.  They have all the talent necessary.  They are just a bunch of pussy faggot surrender monkeys.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »

Team USA may have a chance to get somewhere.

They made it 2nd round.  ;D

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 03:14:39 PM »

I'm looking forward to getting home and talking trash to all the British.

I still don't give a shit about soccer but I like to talk trash to inferior countries and their citizens.

bigwig

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 03:30:38 PM »

I still don't give a shit about soccer but I like to talk trash to inferior countries and their citizens.

Being the group winner sometimes isn't best.  Germany v Ghana is still undecided.  Germany might end up in 2nd place out of the group which would mean the US have to play them in the first round.  That would SUCK for the US. 

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 03:32:33 PM »

Being the group winner sometimes isn't best.  Germany v Ghana is still undecided.  Germany might end up in 2nd place out of the group which would mean the US have to play them in the first round.  That would SUCK for the US. 

Yeah I like the German Team. :-\  They are looking good and they seem more professional than most. ;D

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »

Oh I know, but every win = more trash I can talk to the foreigners.

I doubt USA will get far, not because I know much about the competition, but I know the sport isn't big here.

bigwig

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »

Yeah I like the German Team. :-\  They are looking good and they seem more professional than most. ;D

Germans are very good.  They aren't even playing some of their better strikers in my opinion.  I would have liked to see Mario Gomez start this game.  No one would even be thinking about this game, but their loss was also a huge bunch of bullshit.  Klose's red card was utter BULLSHIT.  It's hard to win a game when you have to play 50+ minutes with 10 men.

I can see Germany slipping in 2 goals around the 75th minute.  Ghana is going to push and African teams are typically not organized enough to handle a counter attack.  Especially by a well managed team like Germany.

Oh I know, but every win = more trash I can talk to the foreigners.

I doubt USA will get far, not because I know much about the competition, but I know the sport isn't big here.

World Cup has a lot of similarities to the NCAA basketball tournament.  Sometimes a team can sneak in and do a lot of damage, but typically won't end up past the elite 8.  Same thing here.  The US might be able to sneak out a win or two because they play well as a team and have a lot of heart.  Do I think they will make it to the quarter finals?  Doubtful, but I wouldn't count the US out in the first 2 rounds.

90boostdaccord

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »

Its really anyone's game.  It doesn't matter who we play, they are all going to be good.  However, since we won the group, if we beat Ghana, we will play the winner of Uruguay/South Korea.  Those are both favorable games.

bigwig

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2010, 02:27:51 PM »

US v Ghana is on ABC right now.  If you don't watch, you're simply not American.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2010, 02:29:14 PM »

US v Ghana is on ABC right now.  If you don't watch, you're simply not American.

Love to watch but I have no local channels. (Dish TV)

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »

watch univision! spanish tv has it, lol. you wont understand shit, but its more entertaining.

and a random vid thats soccer related, and bad ass.

Rene Higuita Scorpion save
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

tekno

• Certified OG
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2010, 03:35:30 PM »

looked sluggish and made dumb mistakes first half looking good so far in the 2nd just need to get a goal

bigwig

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2010, 04:20:02 PM »

EXTRA TIME!

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2010, 05:04:08 PM »

fuckers lost. on a shitty goal too.  :-\
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

ironcrx

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2010, 08:25:06 PM »

fffffffffffff.  That was such shit omg
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up