:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what do you think of this harbor freight tool cart  (Read 4679 times)

SQ is the SQUAD

• Certified OG
what do you think of this harbor freight tool cart
« on: June 27, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »

thinknig about getting a tool cart to keep some basic tools in. since my grandfather sold his house i have been doing all my basic repairs at my girls cousins house. the have a small shed i store my stuff in but its too small for my tool box.

so i searched around and found a 20% off coupon, i know its not valid but i am def going to try to use it.

its actually already om sale for $99

http://www.harborfreight.com/580-lb-capacity-four-drawer-roller-cart-95659.html

in a few weeks this one will be on sale. its a little bigger. has a few more draws.
http://www.harborfreight.com/five-drawer-service-cart-95272.html?utm_source=hftusa&utm_medium=hftusa&utm_campaign=buylink

I haven'#39#39t been back on HMT since this all happened, well I went on for about 5 mins yesterday to grab some pics out of the jailbait thread. Got that done, and now I won'#39#39t be going back.

Hotrodlincoln

• Certified OG
Re: what do you think of this harbor freight tool cart
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »

Theyre actually suprisingly decent. I have a snap-off chest style box, but i have a harbor frieght cart with a drawer it does what its made to do... holds tools
kill yourself piss face

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »

I have the 1 drawer HF cart, and it's sturdy as hell. I was very surprised with how well it's put together.
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

civiceggturbo

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:27:15 PM »

guy at my work has the red one you posted, shit ton better than the typical craftsman piece of shit

SQ is the SQUAD

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 05:34:40 PM »

after reading the reviews, i think i am sold on the red/second one. the main reason is the hydrolic cover pistons. i had a box similar to the first one and the metal top braces buckled.

i might grab this tool set to go in it

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200326812_200326812

I haven'#39#39t been back on HMT since this all happened, well I went on for about 5 mins yesterday to grab some pics out of the jailbait thread. Got that done, and now I won'#39#39t be going back.

BenDover

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »

http://www.harborfreight.com/professional-301-piece-mechanics-tool-kit-45951.html

Get this tool set....I abuse them alot and nothing has broken :noel: some people use the 1/2in sockets on impacts
Downside is the no wrench but 15-20buck you can buy a wrench set there!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 05:48:25 PM by BenDover »
Vouches(OHMT)-Birdley42008,Boosted_StinkyNuts,99redek,ichbinsobose,d-t,sikcrx89,Hollas628,96_civ,volumeking333,SmellySOHC,TunerToys,

Sold to -ghettoturbo, chris m,b20accord

SQ is the SQUAD

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »

yeah i seen that kit, thats what i was going to try to 20% off coupon on. but last week it was only 149

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 06:03:23 PM »

i have that same black cart. i was really amazed at the quality. i bought it for a short 8 month stint working in private repair shop while i was laid off. for $100 you cant go wrong.

im glad i bought it now that im back at my old job too cause with the size of my home shop, my big tool box is too far away sometimes so i keep the black cart loaded with some basic stuff to keep me from walking all over the place
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

SgtB

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 06:18:08 PM »

I own the red one for work and it is very well built. The only gripe I have is it comes with four swivel casters instead of two so it kind of goes where it wants when you push it. I just stick welded two of them solid and it's perfect. Print out the "20% off a single item" coupon and save a bit more. It comes with drawer liners too.

BenDover

Vouches(OHMT)-Birdley42008,Boosted_StinkyNuts,99redek,ichbinsobose,d-t,sikcrx89,Hollas628,96_civ,volumeking333,SmellySOHC,TunerToys,

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 08:07:31 PM »

Get this tool set....I abuse them alot and nothing has broken :noel:

have you acually used them on a car/truck  ???
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

LS1pwNzJ00

• FagoJon is queer bait
  • Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 08:29:58 PM »

I dont think that cart will handle 700+hp
http://<ltltimg src="quotquothttp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3b3icaMwV1qzy9ouo1_500.jpg"quotquot nbspnbsp width="quotquot200"quotquot height="quotquot400"quotquot>gtgt

BenDover

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 09:53:51 PM »

Get this tool set....I abuse them alot and nothing has broken :noel:

have you acually used them on a car/truck  ???

yes sir..the only thing came close to breaking was my 1/2in rachet when we was using it to take a hub nut off...we used my friends 1/2inch crapsman thing broke off right when we applied pressure. So we use the HF 1/2inch with breaker bar in it after a few jump on it the handle start bending.

Not bad for a 150$ tool set..something nice to have around the house.
Really havent used it on heavyline stuff but my friends be using the 1/2inch stuff  on impacts :-X

Pages: [1]   Go Up