:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shifter slop cure, anyone know of one???  (Read 7037 times)

jay

Re: Shifter slop cure, anyone know of one???
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 03:41:22 AM »

The play is not cause by the red area... It would take a lot of play to move 3-4"...

think about what would happened if you wrapped electrical tape around the red area then tightened down the shifter..

imagine it without tape.. then with tape..

im talking about a ball of tape.. then when you tighten everything up it will hold the shifter tightly against the car.. so there will be zero play

I want you to die

Stone cold killin sandnog from the motherfuckin low cash, fuck ya, getcha pee pee wet. ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829   http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3871/detroit187.jpg

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 04:50:43 AM »

thats the most retarde thing ive ever heard. its the fuckin knuckle joint. theres nothing to debate here its a common problem on hondas.

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:04 AM »

The play is not cause by the red area... It would take a lot of play to move 3-4"...

think about what would happened if you wrapped electrical tape around the red area then tightened down the shifter..

imagine it without tape.. then with tape..

im talking about a ball of tape.. then when you tighten everything up it will hold the shifter tightly against the car.. so there will be zero play

Yeah, I can imagine it with and without, but the problem is not there and your take won't help.

I agree that the shifter will be tight on the car, but the rod isn't tight at the joint so it will have about the same play.

You're solution cure another problem.

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 12:35:47 PM »

#6 and 5

You're right dog.

Yo! 2indapoo....    Your wrong!....   

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 02:10:47 PM »

#6 and 5

You're right dog.

Yo! 2indapoo....    Your wrong!....  
mine has slop everywhere, 5-6 area where the washers and plastic pieces just fell apart, 12 at the rivetted knuckly, and I hastily threw a bolt to replace teh bitch pin one day in a hurry.
Its usually not in one place, the tolerance of each joint stacks so fixing just one will disappoint you.
I never checked the ball but i'm sure it has play too.

replace 5-6 shit with washers/bushings from scrounge bin to tighen it up, find an old farmer with an old brake shoe riveter to address #12, and put a new bitch pin/proper sized bolt in the tranny and be done.
Or drive my car for a week and be happy yours isn't that bad.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 06:36:18 PM »

im liking the idea of the craftsman universal. might give it a shot
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »

I think alot off 88-00 owners can use them

VERY VERY true. Google it, Can only find aluminum bushings for 7th gen plus Civics.  :'(

Those are the bushings inside the cable ends, but 88-00 doesn't have cables. IMO poly on the tranny-side of the stabilizer is more than enough.

I've also noticed some slop is from the shift forks - worn or bent. Some trannies are just junk.

Another reason I've seen is when some retard didn't use all the proper parts & metric bolt for the lever-to-linkage below. My EG went from sloppy as Mike's ex-wife to tight as a virgin just by swapping from a stock shifter+SAE bolt (4, 5, 15, 28 were all missing) to a skank2 using ebay sealed bearings. The only play now is in the worn universal joint.

Forgot to add picccc

Buk, are you missing #10 or what? All the shifters I've pulled apart had no slop between the lever's ball, that plastic bushing, or the linkage "cradle" it bolts into. I could imagine putting tape around #10, so the bushing presses on the ball a bit, but not using tape between the ball & bushing.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up