:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something Different TWO STROKE TURBO!  (Read 12239 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: Something Different TWO STROKE TURBO!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 12:44:47 AM »

Since I can never find any info about measuring exhaust pressure, despite "all" the supra guys suposedly running them, I'll ask you. What type of tube do you use, how long, and how hot does it get near the end at the gauge? I want to do it with a pressure transducer to log backpressure electronicly, and the sensor can only take 250* F.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

boyko

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 01:01:27 AM »

At least a 1 foot hunk of 1/8  steal brakeline or ss running to a vacume line will work. The exhaust gas does not move in it so heat realy is not a problem just make sure it is dead-headed

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 04:58:28 AM »

FUCKING BAD ASS..

I want one
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »

Since I can never find any info about measuring exhaust pressure, despite "all" the supra guys suposedly running them, I'll ask you. What type of tube do you use, how long, and how hot does it get near the end at the gauge? I want to do it with a pressure transducer to log backpressure electronicly, and the sensor can only take 250* F.

I run one on my dodge, and have run them on several cars / trucks. I normally just go to HD grab about 2' of copper tubing, drill and tap the mani for the 1/8th npt fitting, thread it in, then I make the 2' of copper line into loose coils ( coils not touching) about the circumference of a pop can. When I get to the end of the copper tubing I use the other fitting, and run it into a female to female fitting, and then use normal nylon tubing from there to the gauge. On diesels in the female to female fitting I run some cotton or very fine steel wool, to keep the soot out of the lines.

There really isn't any flow in the line, just pressure so your only heat is that traveling up the copper from the manifold. I have run as little as 6" of copper with out issue, but I typically run closer to the 2' as it provides more peace of mind.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

boyko

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2009, 10:00:08 PM »

Cool

So how much pressure over boost do you see and do you know what A/R the turbine housing is.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2009, 10:03:18 PM »

On the current HX-35 with a 12cm housing I see ~1:1 until about 35psi I see 1:2 at ~38psi-40psi, and it sky rockets after that.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2009, 11:05:53 PM »

Not mine, I have two separate holes, but I wish I would have though of this. Good pic to show exactly what I was talking about, looks like he uses SS tubing though.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up