:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I get another realtor??  (Read 3715 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Should I get another realtor??
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »

So over the course of 4 months, I've found 4 houses I'd be willing to buy. *EVERY TIME* I go to submit an offer, there has been another accepted offer less than 24 hours previous. I'm not exagerating:

House 1 - the day I submitted an offer, 4 others appeared. This house had sat w/o an offer for 45 days, and the last price change was 2 weeks previous. The agrevating part is that the person has actually had issues getting the financing after it was accepted, while I was set to pull the trigger with the loan people backing me up 100%.

House 2 - I was going to submit an offer Friday evening, but at 2pm there was another offer submitted and accepted right away. This one was on the market for 86 days. The last three showing dates: 5/13, 7/16, and me at 7/18.

House 3 - I rush the whole process, even though this house was only on the market 8 days. I go to submit an offer, and...as you guessed, another nig nog already submitted an offer which they accepted right away. I would have needed to submit a variance to the loan people due to it having the well 3 feet closer to the house than they want (lead paint fears), but the loan person I dealt with said she got one approved for 5 feet short before.

House 4 - This one was a HUD home (google it), and I rushed this one too. It didn't have a garage, but I took a day off work to research prices and city rules to find out I could build one with my downpayment cash, as the house was 25% below my finance limit. I go to submit a bid...and not even one HOUR before getting it in, they received AND ACCEPTED a bid that was actually $15,000 less than what I planned offering. WTF.

So is this just severely bad luck, or am I geting assfucked? The realtor is a good family friend, but now I'm having reservations. I'm not able to buy a big huge home to get him a giant bonus, but they're not supposed to let that influence them. However, at this point I can't see how 4 homes slipped away from me in less than 24 hours each. I'm starting to lower my standards to the point of picking houses I may not even want because this bullshit keeps happening.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

DmC

• Certified OG
Re: Should I get another realtor??
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »

I'd say just bad luck. The family friend thing would scare me though, thats always how people start a bad story.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 11:53:07 AM »

At this point I think I'm just going to completely low-ball anything else I'm marginally happy with almost instantly. If I get it super cheap, I just put some TLC into it to sell it next year. If you throw enough mud, some of it is bound to stick.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

Hotrodlincoln

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 12:26:45 PM »

My dads friend is a realtor, and usually sells big homes and 2mill+ industrial properties. It was the same way with him. Hes only motivated if hes makeing 10 thousand or more.
kill yourself piss face

Foowee

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 01:03:56 PM »

Be patient.  You have to deal with the house for a significant part of your life.  Do not rush into getting a place.  Look into the rules.  I remember something about bids and going to contract...  I'm fairly certain realtors only make money when they sell a house, not when they're assisting the buyer. 

I am in a house that I'm not happy with.  In a location that I'm not happy with.  In a market that won't let me move.  Wait it out, there's always something better...  n prices won't be going up anytime soon...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 02:13:38 PM by Foowee »

jabberwock

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 02:02:05 PM »

Not the realtor's fault.  Your realtor only knows what the other realtor tells him.  And that realtor only knows what the owner (bank usually) tells them.  Banks get the offers, not the realtor.  They just act as a lawyer to give the process legitimacy.  We looked at a house, put an offer on it, then 2 weeks later the bank finally reviewed it and said "Make your final and highest offer, we have another offer."  I said "That is my offer."  They went with the other offer.  Guess what, that was 6 months ago and the house is still empty.  Dumb mother fucking banks would rather sit on a defaulting mortgage, pay utilities, taxes, etc instead of making some money.

We bought our house in April from her cousins... no realtors involved.  No down payment, they paid 2/3 of closing costs, good rate... we made out like fat rats.  A realtor is unnecessary, we downloaded a contract pdf for free and filled in the blanks.

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »

hiprofile where you looking? Someone in my family is a broker and they have a pretty good network of people, I might be able to find out if there is someone who isnt a retard in your area.
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »

Just bad luck man. I thought the same thing with my realtor about half way through. I ended up spending $145k on a house and I think my realtor made $4500. Not a huge chunk of money since she normally sells $300k+ houses. I also work on all of their cars now and have almost made all of that commission money back from her. Lol

BTW, it took me 6 months to buy a house and 3 months to get the deal done on the one I got. Be prepared for a lot of bullshit.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 01:30:17 PM »

If all those homes were "his" listings, he's fucking you. If they were not, then its coincidence. If a realtor sells one of his listings (read:represents the buyer AND seller) they make double commision.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

jabberwock

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 01:55:27 PM »

6% for doing basically nothing.  Our broker got less than 1% and he busted his ass way more than our realtor who was going to get 3%.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »

If all those homes were "his" listings, he's fucking you. If they were not, then its coincidence. If a realtor sells one of his listings (read:represents the buyer AND seller) they make double commision.

This man has consensual sex within the institution of marriage with a bona fide realtor type person who also happens to be a woman.  While this makes him somewhat less of an expert than someone who plays a doctor on television, do not discount his perspective out of hand.

2slow

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 06:14:01 AM »

Jd i have never heard truer words except hhh

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 07:32:56 AM »

I do try.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 09:12:52 AM »

This man has consensual sex within the institution of marriage with a bona fide realtor type person who also happens to be a woman.  While this makes him somewhat less of an expert than someone who plays a doctor on television, do not discount his perspective out of hand.

You forgot "Hardcore pipe-hitting motherfucker" in your description.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 09:41:26 AM »

You forgot "Hardcore pipe-hitting motherfucker" in your description.

I wouldn't go that far.  ;D

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:54 AM »

This man has consensual sex within the institution of marriage with a bona fide Hardcore pipe-hitting motherfucker realtor type person who also happens to be a woman.  While this makes him somewhat less of an expert than someone who plays a doctor on television, do not discount his perspective out of hand.

Edited.  Is that better, Robb?

jeffsciv23

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 02:24:09 PM »

it sounds like you just need to pull the trigger when you see a house you like because you keep getting beat to the punch by somebody that submits an offer just before you. and if two offers come in the same day they are looked at and eccepted or rejected in the order they come in. unless thselers agent is called ahead of time by a realtor saying they have a offer coming in and they sellers agent decides to have all offers presented at teh same time by the buyers realtor. so pretty much if you see somethign you want you have to act on it, and these houses being on the market for so long has somethign to do with you getting beat to it too, thats alot of time for somebody to look at them and then decide.
and im sure your realtor is doing his job, it may not seem like it but their is alot of shit that goes on behind the scenes and up until the closeing table. you just need to start looking at houses that are newly listed, and lowballing wont help unless you like missing out on houses you put offers on.

The OP just called me a nigger in the for sale section do the mods allow this kind of thing to happen around here?

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 08:44:39 PM »

The last one was held up because I didn't know about the garage situation. If I couldn't build one then I wouldn't want it. I found out it would work great at the same time that day's bid time closed, at which time the offer I didn't know about was accepted. I also had another I was considering, mainly because it wasn't a HUD home and I didn't know much about them.

I looked at another HUD home today just for shits & grins, and the condition report was really messed up. They said there was 300sq ft of mold in it, but all I found was some basement ceiling tiles that had less mold than my EG gets after sitting the winter & spring. Turns out it's something I really like, and in a great location. And I don't just mean a block from 2 speed shops - one of which does work for the local Mugen guys (King).

Basically it is a 1/4 acre lot with a 1700sq ft house in decent condition. 8 rooms, 5 bed, 2 full bath, full basement, 2 car garage with a 220v outlet already! :yes: Needs paint and maybe a new roof soon, which I can slip into the loan with a 203k deal. I already lowballed the fuck out of it at 60% of listed price. The place I just "lost" was stolen with 70% of the listed price. The previous house was on the market for 110 days, this one is at 160, so they'll want to sell it quick & cheap. The errant mold issue might also push them, since mold has been a big issue with vacant home where the power was shut off. It's been fucking humid as hell this summer in WisconSIN.

Pic of the shithole:

jeffsciv23

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 04:02:56 PM »

yeah teh lowballing works better with home that have been on the market awhile, in my experiance it is tough to put a lowball deal together on a newly listed home. sounds like a nice place, good luck with this deal

The OP just called me a nigger in the for sale section do the mods allow this kind of thing to happen around here?
Pages: [1]   Go Up