:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001 saturn lw300 bogs out  (Read 4603 times)

turbostd

• Certified OG
2001 saturn lw300 bogs out
« on: September 21, 2010, 01:39:56 PM »

im working on a 01 saturn lw300 for a guy I know. I guess someone was driving it running along at 55-60 and it just started slowing down and loosing power. Now when you start it up, if it starts, when you hit the gas it just bogs. Sometimes it will rev up to 3k but then it hangs there if you take your foot off the gas  :?:  It seems to be really lean but isnt throwing any codes  ???  anyhow I got a call from the guy this morning and he said his neighbor "tuned it up for him" and apparently this guys definition of tuning up is dumping a bottle of seafoam in the gas tank wtf. I am about to run out and change the fuel filter to see if that helps any but I have no idea.

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
Re: 2001 saturn lw300 bogs out
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:18:02 PM »

Book of matches...

turbostd

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 03:43:10 PM »

Book of matches...
That was my initial suggestion lol.

I took the fuel filter off and it was recently changed and flowed good. I ran it down to the gas station and put some good (93) gas in it and that seemed to help a little.

When driving it runs ok as long as you are easy on the gas, if you mash it, it just bogs down and sputters. Damn fly by wire gm shit lol.

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »

map sensor? maf sensor? have a scanner that can show you the LT and ST fuel trims?
Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

skaterdudz02

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:16 PM »

Does it have any check engine codes?

Maybe a dirty throttle body?

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »

Unplug the MAF sensor and see if it improves.  That is a pretty typical symptom of a bad or dirty MAF sensor.   This seems to work okay on most GM vehicles and their closely related derivatives.

It doesn't work on every vehicle unfortunately.

A scan tool with the ability to view serial data is pretty much a necessity these days.

turbostd

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »

You guys got it, unplugged the maf and it runs much better. Tried cleaning it but no improvement new maf it is i guess lol.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 07:57:18 PM »

Bitchin.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 12:00:03 AM »

Book of matches...

I have experience here through an ex-friend...they are money pits. I did a water pump in the sedan version, went great. Next day, the timing belt jumps not one tooth, but TWO. Not only that bullshit, but it magically jumped the wrong way. You'd think since the cam gears were dead-on even with each other, it was the crank gear that jumped a tooth forward. Not so - either it jumped 2 teeth backward, or both cam gears jumped 2 teeth forwards at the same time. And of course I get blamed for it, despite warning her the t-belt was past due after only changing a serpentine-driven accessory. >:(

Anyways, it had zero power past 4k when I tested it, which I presumed it was only 1 tooth backwards at that time. Stupid me thought it was ancient plugs/wires and shitton of carbon from being driven by a pussy.

BTW have fun changing the spark plugs. They are under the IM runners, which are not bolted to the plenum - they use crimped metal bands. Horseshit Opel motor.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 12:32:32 AM »

So they are money pits because the timing belt wasn't changed when it was supposed to be done?

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 10:26:54 AM »

No, but look up the procedure for replacing the t-belt, and how they make you check timing. Multiple >$500 quotes for JUST plugs. Constant non-ecu error codes ("smart" electronics). Brake jobs cost a ton in both parts and labor, as they're either Volvo or Saab-based. The car is partially British/Euro design, with American elements added (poorly). Car blew two PS hoses in 20k miles.

Look up the stats for the L-series. It has the poorest rating of problems per mile, as well as $ per problem, of any Saturn.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 10:36:51 AM »

Bwahahhaaahahhaa.

Just looked it up.  Looks like the Catera pile of fuck engine made its way into those things as well.

Ahahhhaahahaaa.

Yeah, now I understand.

I guess I am just used to the 4 cylinder cars which are fucking cake to work on.  Any vehicle that is adorned with that V6 lump of fail that came from the Catera is automatically doomed from the start.

Pages: [1]   Go Up