:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chopped 4 wheeler?  (Read 2701 times)

• Certified OG
chopped 4 wheeler?
« on: October 13, 2011, 03:49:32 PM »

anyone ever cut up a 4wd 4 wheeler and make a gokart?  or do i have to do this, cause i will

this new site theme has aids

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
Re: chopped 4 wheeler?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 10:37:27 PM »

I dont think you will do it!
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 05:06:07 PM »

picked up a death trap of 4 wheeler today (its pretty fucked up and has no working brakes) for a few hundred.. its a 95 polaris scrambler 400 liquid cooled 2 stroke,  its got a snomobile style belt drive for a transmission and it has chain driven 4 wheel drive.. so its pretty much perfect . would of rather found a 4 stroke with a manual trans but they usually have shaft drive shit for 4wd i think so fuck it.

Phate

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 09:01:49 PM »

Find a local college who has a Baja SAE program.  Offer to buy one of their old frames off them, and stick the whole 4wheeler mess into it.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

DSharp

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 11:56:04 PM »

Go for it, Ive been telling the baja guys at my school to get one of our unused f2 motors and rig it to an old baja car, for some reason they want to get a slightly more powerful briggs instead.   ???
whatever... some people just don't like to go fast.
No escape from the mass mind rape

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »

That doesn't make sense, force a Briggs to do something it doesn't want to do cause it started with a little more power over using an engine that was meant to be revved and beat on.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Phate

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 08:18:24 PM »

Go for it, Ive been telling the baja guys at my school to get one of our unused f2 motors and rig it to an old baja car, for some reason they want to get a slightly more powerful briggs instead.   ???
whatever... some people just don't like to go fast.

We (as in my school's baja team) actually have a honda CB360 engine (with carbs, no exhaust though) and trans sitting in the corner of the shop.  Nobody owns it, we even unsuccessfully tried to sell it.  I've been telling people we need to put it on the old baja car.  A bump to 34hp at 8000rpm should be a nice bump from 10hp and 3800rpm.  It fits, we'd only have to modify the rear cradle slightly to make it bolt up.

The car is stupidly easy and smooth to drive at 30mph over bumpy dirt.  I'd like to see how it does at 60.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png
Pages: [1]   Go Up