:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP :( Need a free Downloadable Trojan / Virus remover my poor computer  (Read 6788 times)

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

So Long story but my computer has been acting Funny today, Like i'll go to one of my Favorites like RHMT but instead it will take me to a different website. So i did a virus scan ( i have Free version of AVIRA Virus protection). Well it showed that i had 7 Trojan virus... I had them Quartined and reparied, But didnt seem to cham. So i noticed that ,,, Lets say im on Youtube & it will start acting funny and start freezing I decided to do ~Ctrl+Alt+Delete~  & OMG Their was 1 program on their that ive never seen before. I decided to END the program, then Instantly everything started running again like how its suppost to :) & then the Program popped right back on their and everything went back to SHIT :( i even Searched for the program & Deleted it. But After about 5 min the program would RETURN . Can SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP . i would like to find a good download Virus protection that i can get online for free because looks like the one i have now wasnt able to catch Whatever got past :( . THANKS FAMILY  :noel:
stock b20-vtec + 342hp 247wtq = NO TRACTION

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

****** I had them Quartined and reparied, But didnt seem to *CHANGE ANYTHING*.***** <<< oooop's sorry

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

Oh and the Program that i never seen before in my ~Windows Task Manager~ when it would pop back up and start running  it would  use -Mem Usage- like crazy it would not Stop climbing up useing more & more -Mem Usage- until my computer would go extremely SLOW and i would have to end the program. thanks again for any help

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One

wear a condom next time!

DL malwarebytes, boot into safe mode and run it.

I suggest AVG Free once you get rid of the STD's.
OG before the OG'#039#039s

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

www.malwarebytes.org

If that don't get it, download combofix from bleepingcomputer.com

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die

www.malwarebytes.org

If that don't get it, download combofix from bleepingcomputer.com

Yes, love Malwarebytes.  do it in safe mode as well.  Boot the pc up and after the BIOS screen hit F8 until you get the prompt and select Safe mode.  then run your scan.

Afterwards i usually like to clean up the temp files and such. i use one of 2 tools to do this either Cleanup or ATF cleaner.

http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=69

http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=25

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

Hey guys, Well woke up today & went to check out if anybody responded on here. Well instead it said im not connected to the internet. So i went and checked my settings or whatever and i didnt have a IP Address im like okay WTF. So i tried to repair it and i can because of having no IP Adress. So i call up insight and everything was working fine comming from them so the Dude helpped me do a few things in RUN and still NOTHING :(  so he said im going to need my computer looked at because it sounds like some CARD WENT OUT . to be honest i think theirs gotta be a way around it rather then having to pay money out to have my computer looked at  ...ANY IDEAS...  - Oh i also have a few other computers i dont use anymore if that CARD hes talking about is BAD can i just use one out of a different computer. This shit sucks not haveing the internet at home im using my stepdads computer right now.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Might be a network card?

Exactly how is this box hooked up to the net?

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

I think thats what he called it , The Network Card. & its just the modem straight to the computer.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

I think thats what he called it , The Network Card. & its just the modem straight to the computer.

If you have a network card in another box, swap them out.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS

Deltree c:

TheMadScientist

• Certified OG
  • I'm like Batman and Shit

I had a similar problem. The virus actually deleted the portion in windows that allowed my computer to automatically set an IP address. If you can manually put in the necessary IP you should be able to connect to the internets again. Otherwise, get malwarebytes on a thumb drive from a friends computer and also go get combofix from bleepingcomputer.com . Run malwarebytes off the thumb drive then run combofix. Those two should fix your problems. However, if the virus did remove the portion that allows windows to automatically pick IP address you'll have to reinstall windows. Not necessailly wipe everything and reinstall it but you should be able to reinstall it and still keep everything else in place.
Why would I not be surprised if your pink slip included "quotquotthen Mr Davis overturned the table while shouting, HOWS THAT FOR FLUID MECHANICS?!"quotquot?

Jorsher

• Certified OG

How do you know when someone goes to the scummiest places on the interwebs?  They post shit like this.

Often the malware will fuck with your hosts file or worse so you are directed to get more malware or to wherever they collect ad revenue from.

Restart the computer and keep pressing F8.  When it asks, start computer in safe mode with networking.

Try to run your Avira or whatever AV you're using.

If it's not fixed, find a friend with some grammar skills and give him your computer and beer.

imburne

• Certified OG
    • TurboByHOLSET

Shittiest virus I had was years ago playing with aol Trojans and came across something that stayed on the CMOS battery. If you reformat I suggest you pull the battery for 20 seconds or so and have no power running to the tower. Full formats are the only way I would repair people's computers when I was doing them. Years of them installing bullshit hinders performance almost as much as a annoying virus I have found. I have not used malware specific scanners in a while so I can't advise any with that.

Advast free is pretty kickass for a virus scanner

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Shittiest virus I had was years ago playing with aol Trojans and came across something that stayed on the CMOS battery. If you reformat I suggest you pull the battery for 20 seconds or so and have no power running to the tower. Full formats are the only way I would repair people's computers when I was doing them. Years of them installing bullshit hinders performance almost as much as a annoying virus I have found. I have not used malware specific scanners in a while so I can't advise any with that.

Uhhhh.

Stayed on the CMOS battery?

Seriously?

lawl

More like something in the boot sector or the BIOS, but not the battery.

slappynuts

Before you run malwarebytes delete all your saved browsing activity.

Jorsher

• Certified OG

Uhhhh.

Stayed on the CMOS battery?

Seriously?

lawl

More like something in the boot sector or the BIOS, but not the battery.

I gave the benefit of the doubt that he means BIOS and not the CMOS battery.  I've only heard of viruses that write to BIOS rom, which wouldn't be cleared by removing the CMOS battery, but I assume it's probably possible to write to the BIOS' volatile memory as well...although I doubt there's enough of it to spare that would hold a decent virus.  Either way, extremely unlikely.  There aren't many simply because the BIOS is extremely low level and screwing it up can make the computer completely inoperable, and they're easy to screw up since there are so many different ones...

Wiping the HDD should take care of it.

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken

I had a virus on my spacebar once. true story.

Jorsher

• Certified OG

I had a virus on my spacebar once. true story.

Clorox would probably be the most effective anti-virus.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die

Beofre you wipe anything check the Proxy settings.  that is fairly common for some trojans lately.  Let me get you some screenshots, ive seen this like 7 times in the last 6 months.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!

This is why we need a geek section!

Also download superantispyware. It looks like shit, but works good.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

GEEK Section would be sweet, esp. for when things like this happen... I had a friend take a look at it and he tried doing the ~System Restore~ but after the computer would restart a screen would show up saying it cant do system restore and to pick a different date. well after trying that about 15 times we tried to get it to work in SAFE Mode but still kept saying the same thing :( but im still really NOT believeing its the ethernet or network CARD.  and im not sure why im not able to do a System Restore but im off too google to see if i can get this thing fixed.

Jorsher

• Certified OG

Linux live disc.  If it's FAT32 you can read the shit in Linux, and IIRC there is Linux software that will read NTFS partitions, then copy what you want to keep to an external.

Or use partition software to create a new partition, assuming there's space, install a fresh copy of Windows, copy what files you want, and blast the old partition.

Or mount the harddrive on another computer and copy the files you want before wiping.

In both cases would not suggest running any executables and you should scan anything from the old installation before opening it.

Or do a network boot of an image.

Or reformat and start fresh if there's nothing worth saving.  This is the easiest solution, because I'm sure you have scheduled backups of anything you want to keep to an external location LOL

rawr

• Certified OG

Linux has read ntfs for years, you damn noob.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!

My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Jorsher

• Certified OG

How do you know when someone goes to the scummiest places on the interwebs?  They post shit like this.
Worst std my computer ever got was just from going to thepiratebay's home page.

tpb makes it to my scummy list.

Never needed it.  Samba works just fine,  but I will remember if I ever do, thanks.

rawr

• Certified OG

nnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb  :P

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin

& its just the modem straight to the computer.

This should be fixed too. Either get a decent software firewall, or get a router with NAT (basically any modern router). I too doubt it's the network interface card, or NIC, as I've seen viruses that will disable your drivers or Window's ability to control IP.

This PC sees some of the scummiest places on the web, and I rarely get anything. It's my parents that constantly collect shit, all because they click links w/o thinking.

FYI modern moboards have protection against shit fucking with the BIOS now. But in the old days when the BIOS was actually on a CMOS chip (now FLASH memory), they actually could fuck with it. However it would stay fucked w/ or w/o a battery reset.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS

highly paid nnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb  :P

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

& its just the modem straight to the computer.

This should be fixed too. Either get a decent software firewall, or get a router with NAT (basically any modern router). I too doubt it's the network interface card, or NIC, as I've seen viruses that will disable your drivers or Window's ability to control IP.

This PC sees some of the scummiest places on the web, and I rarely get anything. It's my parents that constantly collect shit, all because they click links w/o thinking.

FYI modern moboards have protection against shit fucking with the BIOS now. But in the old days when the BIOS was actually on a CMOS chip (now FLASH memory), they actually could fuck with it. However it would stay fucked w/ or w/o a battery reset.

Most current cable/DSL modems have a firewall built in. Not the best, but it is there.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up