:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001 Implala bullshit.  (Read 2873 times)

2slow

2001 Implala bullshit.
« on: December 14, 2011, 04:35:55 PM »

Some times when I goto start the car the securtiy light comes on and the car will not start. I have to just let it sit and try again in 10 minutes and it usually starts. I've tried to research it and found out that it is a problem with the passlock system, but when I Google it all the results are just a bunch of people complaining about the problem and saying to cry to Chevy till they fix it. Have any of you guys had this problem and know for certain what it is?

snm95ls

• Certified OG
Re: 2001 Implala bullshit.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »

Some times when I goto start the car the securtiy light comes on and the car will not start. I have to just let it sit and try again in 10 minutes and it usually starts. I've tried to research it and found out that it is a problem with the passlock system, but when I Google it all the results are just a bunch of people complaining about the problem and saying to cry to Chevy till they fix it. Have any of you guys had this problem and know for certain what it is?

Probably needs a new reciever.  IIRC, it is part of the ignition switch.  I think you have to have a Tech2 or GM MDI to do a relaern procedure.

There are honestly quite a few things that it could be, but I haven't dealt with that crap on a regular basis recently enough to list all of the possibilities.

Have fun!

2slow

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 06:16:24 PM »

from what ive read it seems to be a passlock2 problem. people are saying to cut the yellow wore while the engine is running to put the system into "fail-enable" mode. however, they are saying to do that on malibus and tahoes which have a less complex security setup than the impala

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »

:P

Got AAA?  haha

2slow

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 07:23:56 PM »

:P

Got AAA?  haha

nope flat towing has always worked for me :Jew:

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 11:09:53 PM »

Sounds similar to a problem I dealt with on an F150. I replaced the transceiver and it fixed the problem. Didn't require reprogramming either. One way to troubleshoot is if you have a spare key, put it in the steeringcolumn as close to the transceiver as possible. That was the cheap ford fix.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 12:11:21 AM »

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. I think Chevy has chosen the latter.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 09:04:32 AM »

If you can find another ECU for beans I can probably flash it to disable the Passlock.  I need the PN off of your ECU, and the engine/trans/trim details to verify that before you buy anything.

If the ECU I reflash comes from a car with a different engine you'll have to do a CASE relearn (most full featured scan tools will do this, as will an EFI Live or HP Tuners handheld) or else the motor runs fine but gives you a CEL for cam/crank sensors since it's not calibrated to your engine's "signature". 
Pages: [1]   Go Up