:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3" exhaust ideas  (Read 2679 times)

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
3" exhaust ideas
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »

Was originally going to buy a 3" exhaust from egay for my HB.

But none are available in the $120 range or less.

I have a bunch of 3" 90s and 180s from Adam at Mandrel-Bends, when he gave a way some up at the last RHMT PNW Meet.

Thanks Adam, much appreciate it.

I need to get some 3" straights, flanges, resonator, and muffler. 

Think I should just use 2 or 3 cheerry bomb straight thru's.

And use the those 3" collector adapter from flowtech or hooker, whatever is at a parts store.

Or if cheap enough 3" sleeve clamps or v-band clamps. Like these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190638259853?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walker-Mega-Muffler-Clamp-3-Steel-Each-33310-/370577779632?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5648282bb0

Also looking at adding 1 or 2 of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170719027766?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230517614591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
for flexibility, but do not like the price of the second choice. 

So what other ideas do you NOGS have for this setup along with a decent choice for muffler.

The idea is I need a good, solid, cheap, and no-leaks solution.

I also want to travel across country with this exhaust and  be able to hear the stereo or talk in a normal vol. w/ someone.

Remember this for my Twincharge project and I want have it done for the PNW meet in May.  :noel:

imburne

• Certified OG
    • TurboByHOLSET
Re: 3" exhaust ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:26:47 PM »

I started a thread like this a month Or so ago so the eBay listing might still be good. Was a three inch that I only had to modify ever so slightly. Basically cutting a small flange off of it. Bought two resonators, a flex and connected it to the open dp I had. Complete 3" from the turbo. I would also not suggest the can that it comes with as mines pretty loud still. Oval style ones are way quieter if that's what your looking for. Although it did come with a silencer that I use for quiet driving.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »

I started a thread like this a month Or so ago so the eBay listing might still be good. Was a three inch that I only had to modify ever so slightly. Basically cutting a small flange off of it. Bought two resonators, a flex and connected it to the open dp I had. Complete 3" from the turbo. I would also not suggest the can that it comes with as mines pretty loud still. Oval style ones are way quieter if that's what your looking for. Although it did come with a silencer that I use for quiet driving.

I remember the thread, and I was originally going to buy the 3" exhaust I found for my hatchback, but out of stock and nobody else had a good deal on them.

I would like quiter muffler w/ low restriction.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »

i put a magnaflow 12219 3" strait threw muffler on the Galant. and cut up the china N1 exhaust piping from the ITR. used the china resonator.  i havent done any WOT pulls, but quite has nothing to do with WOT. its kinda loud. but what the fuck you expect? its probably a little quieter on those down hill decel conditions. little cleaner all around. plus it looks way more stock than a ricer N1 sticking out the back.

btw, thats a lot of work for an exhaust... i would just buy a china N1 lol...
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »

Can not find a china N1 3" for 92-95 HB for cheap right now.  :noel:

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:55:52 PM »

Full 3" routed like a crx/ef exhaust ending in a e-cutout; stock muffler in the stock location tee'd into the 3" exhaust elbow after the LCA. That's my plan.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up