:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New turbo daily.  (Read 2416 times)

Cmak

• RHMT
New turbo daily.
« on: February 25, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »

Still here, just been without internet for a while, so I seal it from the neighbors, its just not always working.

So I had somebody find my old craigslist ad for the ranger, after I decided to keep it.. He had to have it, drove four hours and gave me $1600 for it. I liked it a lot, but it was a piece, good riddance.

Looked around for a couple days and found this little beauty on craigslist, ad said the tie rod was broken and it needed a strut and possibly other suspension work. Obviously the guy had a lot of interest so i offered him an extra $50 to give me the first appointment to see it aand I got it.

I get there and find a car with absolutely no damage anywhere, and a flat front tire. I told him right away I'd take it and paid him. Rim was slightly bent and the tire wouldn't hold air, so I put the spare on and drove it home. I then hammered the rim back into shape and filled it up to find it held air now just fine.

1998 Saab 900SE Turbo, 118k miles.

This car is clean as fuck, runs and drives beautifully, has every option, the only things it really needed are the front windows put back on track, a headlight to be plugged back in, and the driver CV is starting to go. Other than that, this is the best $1050 I've ever spent in my life. I've already got over 600 miles on it in the past 7-10 days. Its even got a good set of Fuzion ZR-i's on it.

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: New turbo daily.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »

Good Find  :noel:

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »

lucky bastard.  Personally never owned a Saab, never will. fuck you.

slappynuts

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:58:03 PM »

Saabs are for queers.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »

I'd rock it. Looks good mang
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:22:45 AM »

How did it take ya to find out where to put the ignition key. ;)

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 02:50:51 AM »

wow new turbo daily as if being turbo made it fast or cool.

nice woman's car
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

Cmak

• RHMT
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »

How did it take ya to find out where to put the ignition key. ;)

Oh man... I facepalmed hard on this one.. The owner was telling me "its in the middle" and I'm like WTF, after like 10 seconds I realized where it was.. I still go to put it in the normal spto about every time I get in it.

And while its not fast, it is 185hp and it makes 194lb/ft at 2100, I think thats pretty cool. It definitely runs good, I put the moves on a type SH prelude the other night with intake and exhaust. My shit only has an exhaust leak (+3whp) lolol. Factory front mount, its racin.
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »

Wait till shit starts to go wrong, the og900s and 9000s are probabally the worst 2 cars turned out of that factory. Have you discovered trionic yet? Or are you not quite thar ballsy
Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

Foowee

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »

Good work. 

Cmak

• RHMT
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »

I've read about the Trionic system, and while I'm tempted to play with it and tune it, its probably just gonna remain stock. I'll probably add a free flowing filter, and I have a nice dual outlet straight through muffler I'm thinking about adding because the stock one is ugly as shit.

The DSM is my toy, this thing is just something for the wife to drive and haul groceries and the baby around. And she drives like somebodies grandmother, so its not gonna get mashed on too bad. It seems pretty solid, as long as the powertrain stays strong I don't mind fixing whatever else goes wrong.

I'm still doing my homework on it, but the two I've seen go on ebay recently brought close to $6k, and were in pretty close shape to what I have, I know its not worth 6 grand, but for a stack, I'm pretty happy with it. And I'm averaging 24mpg, not bad for an auto.
Pages: [1]   Go Up