:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: noticed a trend  (Read 1930 times)

colt45

• Mista Pimpsta
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
noticed a trend
« on: March 13, 2012, 02:42:15 AM »

whats with all the cars for sale with less than 1000 miles on the 'fresh' rebuild?  seriously, post your thoughts.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
Re: noticed a trend
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 03:00:01 AM »

Eh, I put a bit more than 1000 miles on the CRX after the new swap, but it sits now.  If I felt I could recoup anywhere near what I put into it by selling, it'd be a consideration...  It sucks to put in a sweet new engine and still have annoyances with the car...

I'll do a proper rebuild once I have a job.  Until then it will sit and rot.

2slow

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 06:19:08 PM »

I'm supposed to be meeting up with a Guy in alittle bit to get rid of my Crx. it has a a freshly rebuilt HF engine ~3500-4000 miles

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:58:06 PM »

think my civic had that many miles in the build. at that point a fuckin hated it and wanted it gone. good runner then...still had the hate. but didnt advertise it as that, just fresh rebuild...
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »

whats with all the cars for sale with less than 1000 miles on the 'fresh' rebuild?  seriously, post your thoughts.

When i bought my dirt late model, it was said to have 5-6 races on it. Everyone in that game says to use the 3X multiplier... which is generally more accurate..

For yourself, Id assume they are estimating a little low on the mileage, but if you are looking at a car, just look it over good, generally if a motor is built correctly and taken care of during break in, 1000 or 3000 isn't really much of a difference to me on a street car.
No longer own a turbo car...

94 Accord, first running 4g63 piston/h22 rod/f22 block &ampamp crank

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »

Around here everyone things them and their mother can build a Honda in their back yard and have it come out tip-top. Usually it comes out with a bad HG, pitted bearings (from dirt), and/or bad seals (not replaced or not pre-lubed).

Anytime someone insists the car's motor is baller and I pay extra for, I insist on pulling both a cam and a crank cap. When they don't let me, I offer them like it's scrap.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Cmak

• RHMT
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 07:14:45 PM »

I've noticed this too, as stated above, I think its mainly due to everyone and their brother thinking they know how to build an engine, then they start losing confidence rapidly after realizing it doesn't run for shit.
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 12:06:40 AM »

I always remember the guy who bought my first EG. First he blew it up running a turbo with unknown boost pressure on a basemap. Raping it for a whole day. Then he put on a ported head, mixed up the lifters (b18b), and wondered why it wouldn't start. Half were holding the valves open, the other half were barely opening them.

It's like people think motors are the next step after Legos.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

JaredKaragen

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 01:48:00 AM »

Ya, it's usually one of two things:

Fail from lack of engine building skill

Fail from modified engine untuned or wrong parts such as spark plugs.

I will sell motors straight from my car "low miles" cause I get to build another one....   I think it's fun :)

I pretty much do most of the work in house, but if I outsource machine work I got a hook on some killer deals.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 02:03:16 AM »

I always remember the guy who bought my first EG. First he blew it up running a turbo with unknown boost pressure on a basemap. Raping it for a whole day. Then he put on a ported head, mixed up the lifters (b18b), and wondered why it wouldn't start. Half were holding the valves open, the other half were barely opening them.

It's like people think motors are the next step after Legos.

Since D's nor B's use lifters......

OG before the OG'#039#039s

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »

Sorry, ROCKER ARMS. Bitch. ::)

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »

I just sold a 98 sentra with a new engine, only 120k miles on the motor (340K on the car).  :noel: Bitch was getting 40mpg still.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up