:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Got a new daily ride  (Read 4521 times)

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Got a new daily ride
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:07:18 PM »

picked up this 2012 sportster on wednesday. the second i got home with it i put the forward controls on and then today put on this exhaust. i used to be a sportbike guy but lost my license and spent way too much money on lawyers and insurance. i decided to go slower these days. and before anyone says "wheres the turbo" it will have one at some point, but after the warranty is up and probably even longer. i have other priorities than making my bike unreliable.

i dont really have any pics before the forward controls, so nothing from its 100% stock hour long life. lol. this is pretty much how i got it though

got these pipes from my dad today. they came on his 95 sportster when he got it and he hated them. i welded an o2 bung in each one then header wrapped them.

obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
Re: Got a new daily ride
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »

was the dealership all out of men's bikes?
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »

Sportster is the only Harley I like. I don't want some big chromed out bike with a radio and saddle bags and shit. That's not riding to me, those are 2 wheeled cars or really expensive penis compensators. I am a sportbike guy, 100mph+ wheelies and 200mph on open highways is the type of riding I would be doing if I felt like losing my license again.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »

this bike is exactly what i want. light, torquey, and comfortable enough for the length of ridding i will do

in other words

obd1>gtgtall

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 12:46:28 AM »

Nice bike. I have always liked the sportsters and there variants.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »

They are one of the best looking ones. The all black ones are the best imo. The xp are alright
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

jagojon3

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 03:06:11 AM »

If you equate adding a turbo to a vehicle to making it unreliable, you aren't doing it right.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:05:01 AM »

It was a joke. I DD'd a boosted vitara block for a long time. It leaked a little oil but it was solid. Made 300whp at 15psi and I made it show that a few times a day.

I'm not into red at all, but that red is perfect for that bike. The pics don't do it justice. I'm amazed how quick it is for an 883. My buddy has something(not a Harley guy so I don't know what it's called) slightly bigger with a carb'd 1200 and my 883 is faster. I found a place that will bore the cylinders and give you new pistons, rings, and gaskets to make it a 1200 for $525. That will happen as soon as the warranty is up. It bumps the compression to just over 10:1 and adds 20-25whp with no other mods. Gonna just ride it as is for a couple weeks, then cut up those pipes and make a 2-1 exhaust.
obd1>gtgtall

Cmak

• RHMT
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »

Thats nice, man. Perfect timing, season is just starting, I just put a new set of Pilot Powers on the VFR, gonna tag it in a couple weeks. I'd have it done except for the fucking homo police around here are busting my balls about turn signals and mirrors, yadda yadda. Fucking asshole pricks. If I wanted that shit on there I'd have it.
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »

I'm in Florida, its riding season year round. lol
obd1>gtgtall

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 12:23:10 AM »

I thought about buying a sporty just for the fuck of it, but I didn't. Mruh. The new ones actually look kind of cool and it will hold resale value but harleys are kinda pieces of shit. I'd ride it, though.

What are the payments like?

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 02:19:10 AM »

My payments are $175.

The thing about new Harley's is, there is no real mantineance anymore. No carb adjustments, no timing chains, nothing. It has hydraulic lifters, cam gears, etc. just gotta change the oil.
obd1>gtgtall

d-rail

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 02:51:58 AM »

I like sporty's depending on how they're done. I don't like the factory wheels on them bc they look generic, depending on the rest of the bike is makes my decision on the factory tank, and they feel top heavy coming out of a corner. I've got got a 03 springer soft tail now and love it. Plenty of get up and go, rides amazing, and lowered a bit.... its hard on worthy. To bad it cost me 230 a month to insure.....

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 08:35:27 AM »

$230 a month? I paid $270 for a year. Lol
obd1>gtgtall

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 09:54:39 AM »

I don't even pay that much for 2 cars with full coverage and my house insurance add in there too.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »

I don't even pay that much for 2 cars with full coverage and my house insurance add in there too.

I thought my $130/mo was expensive for full coverage on an S2000 and liability on a CRX.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »

I have full coverage on an 07 civic SI and state min. on a 90 silverado for $60 a month.
obd1>gtgtall

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »

I pay $160/month for full coverage on my truck
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 12:19:22 AM »

Rates will vary for many reasons. Just moving to the other SIDE of this COUNTY got me a $7 hike per 6 months. Driving record, vehicle type, and location and state requirements will create a huge range of prices. That said, in WI I pay ~$40/mo for liability on a teg & civic. So far the money I've saved in 10 yrs vs full coverage has paid for one of my rusty piles already.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Phate

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »

Put a muffler back on it, straight piped harleys sound like ass.  Everyone in your community will thank you.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »

It's going to get one. The problem is I'm using a full face helmet right now and couldn't hear it. I was shifting off of vibration. Right now too loud is better than not loud enough. I'm planning to make my own 2-1 exhaust cause $500 is way too much for a motorcycle exhaust
obd1>gtgtall

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 08:38:19 PM »

A good 2 to 1 pipe will actually make more HP than drag pipes. Contrary to popular belief, Harley v-twins hate drag pipes.

So do the people that have to listen to them...
No longer own a turbo car...

94 Accord, first running 4g63 piston/h22 rod/f22 block &ampamp crank

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 08:43:31 PM »

A good 2 to 1 pipe will actually make more HP than drag pipes. Contrary to popular belief, Harley v-twins hate drag pipes.

So do the people that have to listen to them...

Use a turbo as a 1/3 muffler and enjoy  :noel:

Cmak

• RHMT
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »

Its not just harleys that run better.. Its any multi cylinder combustion engine without an exhaust gas crossover. Without it they suffer from reduced cylinder scavenging, so the cylinders are not charged as efficiently as possible. But as long as the singular pipes are sized properly, you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference without a dyno.
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident.

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »

I look fwd to seeing you on  "Cops"  bad boys bad boys..
fuck you

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »

i ride this thing like an old man, the odds of being on cops is pretty slim. although, i have a feeling if you bring cam down here again, you are freeman will be bailing him out of jail, or i will be bailing all 3 of you out. you better pay me back too cause i know you wont show up to court. lol

i am doing a 2-1 for all possible positive reasons. it will make more power, sound better and i think look better.
obd1>gtgtall

90boostdaccord

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »

2slow

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 04:53:10 AM »

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 05:51:54 AM »

Your joke is invalid when the rest of the Harley's don't make sense to me. I don't know why you would buy anything other than a sportster.
obd1>gtgtall

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up