:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rHMT Stock Market discussion  (Read 4010 times)

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
rHMT Stock Market discussion
« on: May 01, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »

I'll start this one off with a question...  So I bought a bunch of stock in NEXS, a lighting corp that does LED stuff.  I bought it low, and then it went lower.  Now with this news its back up again, if I sold now I'd probably break even, but I don't know what this news really implies, and if I should sell sell sell now, or if its going to go UP UP UP... What say you, my redneck financial advisers?

"Nexxus Lighting Announces Engagement Of Financial Advisor To Explore Strategic Alternatives
10 hours 46 minutes ago - Pr Newswire
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. (NASDAQ: NEXS) today announced that it is exploring strategic alternatives available to the company, including a possible sale. The Board of Directors intends to consider the full range of available options. The company also announced that it has engaged Canaccord Genuity to assist in the evaluation of these options. "

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: rHMT Stock Market discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »

I thought stratigic alternatives meant they've fallen in a hole they can't get out of. The only reason a sale would be seen as good is they are usually bought out for a little higher than the current stock price. Canaccord Genuity appears to be an investment company, which would be needed if they are in a financial hole.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

JaredKaragen

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »

I prefer options bidding myself;  either a buy or put option depending on how the market is swinging.

Especially if you can dive in on a 15min option and make a quick $100 it's very nice!

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:38:26 PM »

That news means I'm going to be on-site in a couple weeks handing out suggestions to people with 40 years of experience in their field based on the outputs of my excel model.

Sell!
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »

I prefer options bidding myself;  either a buy or put option depending on how the market is swinging.

Especially if you can dive in on a 15min option and make a quick $100 it's very nice!

Let's talk more about options bidding.  And let's assume I don't know anything about it at all.   Annnnd go!

JaredKaragen

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 07:10:45 PM »

Your going to have to read up on it...

To put it mildly, your not bidding or buying/selling stock.  Rather your buying and selling buy ( buy option) contracts, and sell (put option) contracts.

Almost in a sense:

You think x stock will fall, this you place a put option on the stock.  Once the time expires, if it's lower, you win.

That's the simplest way to look at it without getting into details I don't know terribly much about myself.

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »

An option is an option. Whether you write, buy, sell, etc - you are giving up/acquiring the OPTION to purchase/sell the underlying security at a later date at a set price.

The later date in question is the date of the option, and the later price is the strike price. Most people who "make a quick 100$" eventually get ballsy and put a few five figure bets in, the realize the the time decay takes your money much faster than most day traders have the stomach for.

The closer you get to the date/strike the more volatile swing trading becomes.

The caveat is that something like 95% of options expire unexcersized.

JaredKaragen

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »

this is why I gravitate towards non-volatile stocks and shoot for 15-30 min time left.   A few hours and a few hundred bucks can come rather easy...

my friend when he started, he invested $100 he didn't expect back.  3 days later he had $800 in his account.

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »

I need to read up on everything a bit more.  I've lost my ass on a few companies stocks already.  Not a ton of money, but fucking annoying. 

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 04:20:56 PM »

What's everyones predictions for Facebook stock? 

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »

$45 next week, then settle $35 in two months  :noel:

This stock is over hyped  :?:

tekno

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 04:25:48 PM »

will go up prolly 20$ for awhile then will tank as they struggle to keep the shareholders happy...

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »

remember what happened to myspace?
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »

remember what happened to myspace?

or xanga, friendster, etc, etc, etc

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 04:12:02 PM »

$45 next week, then settle $35 in two months  :noel:

This stock is over hyped  :?:

I agree, the big FB boom has already happened, long before it was publicly traded. Nothing new and flashy is going to make the company grow like Apple for instance that always rockets up when a new product is released. So many people already have FB, so how can it really grow and give the buyers something to really buy into, IMO...
No longer own a turbo car...

94 Accord, first running 4g63 piston/h22 rod/f22 block &ampamp crank

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

ghettoturbo

• Dedicated Xenocron minion
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 04:24:32 PM »

I am interested to check out some options when they come out so I can bet on it going down...the problem is that I bet it drops a decent amount before I am able to buy any put options.

-Jay

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 05:42:32 PM »

Fact of the matter is, FB will not trade at a P/E ratio of 100+ for long - not becuase the price will plummet, but because earnings will shoot up. I will eat my own shit if they dont double revenue in the next 12 months.

I still don't think they will be worth 100B at that point, so with the price coming down to ~28-32 and earnings doubling, they will come back to a sky high 30x P/E rather than astronomical 104x.

Not good buy for any reason besides sector exposure, which would be a waste since the rest of the sm market is going to be cheap as shit this summer.

xpert787

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 07:58:24 PM »

I cringe every time I read something similar to this. Full Disclosure I'm not an investment pro, but I have invested for myself over the past 5yrs, and have a compounded avg return in the neighborhood of 20% after tax. I studied investing for about 10 years independently before I began investing on my own, I paper traded for 2 years before I used real money. I say all this to let you know there is much to learn, and that investing is like having a second job for me. If you don't take it that seriously you are bound to do worse then the indexes, and will probably suffer permanent impairment of your capital at some point. To make money you have to have a divergent view from the crowd, and do independent research. You also have to know what you are buying, and have a view of what the fractional interest in that business is worth. In my opinion you should sell not because of the news, but because you have no idea what the company is worth or whether it is headed for bankruptcy. If you want to make money in the stock market you have essentially 2 options, you can go the DIY route, which takes a long time to aquire the knowledge, and even then you will operate with handicaps compared to the institutional guys. Or you can pay some one to do it for you, hedge fund, index fund etc... I do both, but the majority of my money is indexed, because my other job takes a lot of time.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 11:08:01 PM »

I cringe every time I read something similar to this. Full Disclosure I'm not an investment pro, but I have invested for myself over the past 5yrs, and have a compounded avg return in the neighborhood of 20% after tax. I studied investing for about 10 years independently before I began investing on my own, I paper traded for 2 years before I used real money. I say all this to let you know there is much to learn, and that investing is like having a second job for me. If you don't take it that seriously you are bound to do worse then the indexes, and will probably suffer permanent impairment of your capital at some point. To make money you have to have a divergent view from the crowd, and do independent research. You also have to know what you are buying, and have a view of what the fractional interest in that business is worth. In my opinion you should sell not because of the news, but because you have no idea what the company is worth or whether it is headed for bankruptcy. If you want to make money in the stock market you have essentially 2 options, you can go the DIY route, which takes a long time to aquire the knowledge, and even then you will operate with handicaps compared to the institutional guys. Or you can pay some one to do it for you, hedge fund, index fund etc... I do both, but the majority of my money is indexed, because my other job takes a lot of time.

I'm still waiting for Yuri to get the RHMT fund setup  :noel:

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »

so with the price coming down to ~28-32

:noel:

Now, just wait for the other shoe to drop (just kidding it already did - phone, and $ for upvoting). I have 0 interest in this security, but if I did I'd get in within 15% of 28 before they start to capitalize the two ideas above and another dozen in the pipeline.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 07:36:16 PM »

lol

it's going to bottom out around 18ish i would guess
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 12:39:11 AM »

I need another stock like Ford. Also should have held onto my Priceline stock.

DUK/SE/PGN are my current holdings
OG before the OG'#039#039s

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 12:42:56 AM »

My Posturepedic mattress fund never loose its value.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »

My Posturepedic mattress fund never loose its value.

Except every single fucking night dip shit. How many penny candies and model T's does 3k buy you?

Pages: [1]   Go Up