:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nissan ignitors.  (Read 2151 times)

NoPistons!

Nissan ignitors.
« on: May 03, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »

I've noticed the maxima, pathfinder, xterra, 300zx all use the same style coil and ignitor chip arrangement.   I have 2 or 3 coils but only one v6 ignitor chip.  The back plate is all titanic post iceberg looking and i'm not even sure if it works.   

Was curious if a KA ignitor would work or how i'd go about testing said chips to see if they can interchange between coils.   Working on my harnesses now trying to combine em into one.   :noel:

Thanks.

JD, slos13, any of you peeps that dabble in these cars i'd be very appreciative of your 2 cents.

EDIT:   I'll try it out.  Worst that can happen is i'll blow a fuse or wont get spark....  I'll post my findings.

Edit: 1/17/2013.    According to megasquirt, it doesn't care as long as you wire it right.  I'll try using a 4cylinder nissan coil/ignitor arrangement with a 6 cylinder dizzy.   Low buck as fuck.   If anything there could be a voltage output from the ignitor that's different and would require a dropping resistor perhaps.  Meh.  I'll figure it out.  I'd like to try two or 3 different setups on the same dizzy to see if it matters as a little experiment.....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:29:10 PM by NoPistons! »
Pages: [1]   Go Up