:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Trillion dollar visual  (Read 3742 times)

Stealthmode

• Mufukkken 5 black Star General
  • Certified OG
A Trillion dollar visual
« on: March 08, 2009, 03:44:12 AM »

Saw this site and thought it was, um, a reality check.

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html
I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
Re: A Trillion dollar visual
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 03:46:42 AM »

there are currently 50 trillion + dollars worth of odd CDO's and CDS's out there  :noel:
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 03:47:29 AM »

there are currently 50 trillion + dollars worth of odd CDO's and CDS's out there  :noel:

Damn.

There's what 5-6 trillion worth of gov't debt?

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 03:53:01 AM »

What get's me is when the Gov. throws the term billions around like nothing. Puts things in perspective.

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 04:09:12 AM »

govt gave AIG billions and billions and they posted a 60+billion dollar loss FOR ONE QUARTER
this is why bailouts are retarded
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 04:11:55 AM »

Yep bailouts don't do jack. Hey you screwed up, here take some of everyone's money and piss it away too.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 11:26:01 PM »

Damn that is sobering.

Where the hell is my bailout? ;D

1991civicsi

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »

So this is what our kids have to look forward to.
"quotquotThis ain'#039#039t no forum, its a gang.. "quotquot BigDaddyVtec

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 11:44:43 PM »

It was funny watching the goverment asstards grilling the bank ceo's about REALLY pissing away bailout money. They acted like it was some big game, with the joke on Joe Taxpayer.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 11:53:43 PM »

xenocrons gunna need a bailout ():)
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 11:55:10 PM »

So this is what our kids have to look forward to.

Pretty much.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 11:57:01 PM »

Forget a Trillion dollars for a sec. A million dollars always gets tossed around to the point where it doesn't really seem to have the true value attached to it. I have a friend who's company has been expanding for some time, and now is personally making about 1 million per year. I was thinking about this as I just started a new job about 6 months ago that I figured I get paid very well to do.

Now to make a million a year you need to make just over $80K per Month. This is where it really struck me as that means it would take me about 12 years of my gross income to make a million dollars. Where I live the Minimum wage starting April 1, 2009 is $8.80/hr so if you worked a normal full time 40hr/week you would gross ~$18,000/year. Which would mean it would take you 4.5 years of gross to make what some one making a million per year would make in a MONTH.

Now if we take this to bailouts, My buddy that makes a million a year, if his business fails, no one is going to step in and give him shit as he is just a small fish, and he is okay with this as am I. This is the way business works. For some reason the Govt both in Canada and the USA have decided that this isn't how it should be, but we should protect those that loose BILLIONS a quarter, and do this on by using OUR money. Now my buddy that make a million a year, he can afford a few extra nice things in life, it wouldn't ruin his day to have to pay a bit more tax, he is quite charitable, but that is his choice. Now I'm doing not too bad, but I give some to charity, and I pay my taxes, but I would very much notice a tax increase, and it would change some of my spending habits. Finally we have the guy making min wage, he just the same as the rest of us has to try and support the burden of failed business, through no fault of his own, despite barley being able to put food on his table, and a roof over his head.

My point is when it's not your money it is easy to throw it around, but in my life a thousand dollars is still a big chunk of change, let alone a Million or a Billion or a Trillion. The Govt needs to take there hands out of this and let it sort its self out.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 12:01:21 AM »

Forget a Trillion dollars for a sec. A million dollars always gets tossed around to the point where it doesn't really seem to have the true value attached to it. I have a friend who's company has been expanding for some time, and now is personally making about 1 million per year. I was thinking about this as I just started a new job about 6 months ago that I figured I get paid very well to do.

Now to make a million a year you need to make just over $80K per Month. This is where it really struck me as that means it would take me about 12 years of my gross income to make a million dollars. Where I live the Minimum wage starting April 1, 2009 is $8.80/hr so if you worked a normal full time 40hr/week you would gross ~$18,000/year. Which would mean it would take you 4.5 years of gross to make what some one making a million per year would make in a MONTH.

Now if we take this to bailouts, My buddy that makes a million a year, if his business fails, no one is going to step in and give him shit as he is just a small fish, and he is okay with this as am I. This is the way business works. For some reason the Govt both in Canada and the USA have decided that this isn't how it should be, but we should protect those that loose BILLIONS a quarter, and do this on by using OUR money. Now my buddy that make a million a year, he can afford a few extra nice things in life, it wouldn't ruin his day to have to pay a bit more tax, he is quite charitable, but that is his choice. Now I'm doing not too bad, but I give some to charity, and I pay my taxes, but I would very much notice a tax increase, and it would change some of my spending habits. Finally we have the guy making min wage, he just the same as the rest of us has to try and support the burden of failed business, through no fault of his own, despite barley being able to put food on his table, and a roof over his head.

My point is when it's not your money it is easy to throw it around, but in my life a thousand dollars is still a big chunk of change, let alone a Million or a Billion or a Trillion. The Govt needs to take there hands out of this and let it sort its self out.

well played sir I agree a thousand dollars is a lot in my household.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 12:06:33 AM »

Bitches better start learning to grow your own food. Will go downhill from here.

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 12:08:43 AM »

The way i see it is that it really wont get better every compairs this to the G-DEP but if you stop and think after the hard times everything was great when America made all the shit here all thats gunna happen is if things get better even more jobs/Companies are going over sea's. A kid i work with was thinking about joining the reserves to his supprise the National Guard reserves  are having a freeze ( at least in my area) So he's going to be forced into active duty which he wont go to cuz he's to pussy (So am i) The worst part is he wanted to join the military to go to boot camp come home and get a check. Fuck that Shit. A close freind of mine is on active duty in the Navy his bunk mate has a back problem so he cant go on tours so he stays in japan on the base collects 3k a month to sweep floors. They should remove him cut his pay in half and pay someone who is able to fight. just my opinion.
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

turbo4life

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • trying to get a college education.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 02:57:36 AM »

the us government is not much better than the dread full soviet commies just less exposed
ILL KEEP MY GUNS, FREEDOM &ampamp MONEY....YOU CAN KEEP THE "quotquotCHANGE"quotquot

NO BOOSTED RIDES!! dont drive a honda no mo!!!! miss that shit!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up