Forum > Forced Induction

F2B & H2B nonsense build thread (LOTS of pictures & nsfw)

(1/26) > >>

HiProfile:
I've come to the point where I can make a thread.

Plan: toss an F22 onto an LS tranny, put into a daily-driver Integra. Do it again with a JDM H23A dohc vtec (aka "bluetop") in the spring, then try it on my (currently) turbocharged Civic. Except with an 11:1cr F22/H22 hybrid with K20A pistons (JDM ITR). Then see if a turbo fits, and swap the h22 head back onto the low-CR F22B2 block if it does. All w/o adapter plates, all with my special injectors.

So far I have an F22B1 from DasPoop, a beat-up F22A6 from some hispanic, and a dirty JDM H23A. The F22B1 is bolted to the LS trans and my test car (rusty 94 del sol vtec) just got the b16a3 yanked out today. By next week I hope to have the engine in to finalize the orientation of the engine/tranny. Then I can fab up the half-shaft bracket, the top engine/trans bracket, front engine/trans bracket, and the slave cyl extension bracket.

No good pictures til tuesday. I was too busy moving shit around and pulling the b16 today, sorry.

crxvtec91:
Well played!

While you fab up the brackets make 2, one for you and one for me. No im not kidding, and no I dont care how they look, and yes I have cash lol 

PhilStubbs:
In for the results. I am right in the middle of putting an F23 into a crx with H22 tranny

HiProfile:
Actually I was going to make two, one for each car. Making a third shouldn't be that hard. I have bolts to spare since I get grade 8's through work. The only oddball tool you have to buy is a 5/8"-11 thread tap, which I got for $10 on ebay. Then remove the bolt hole ear off the rear of the block, drill a 1/2" hole, and clearance the crank 1mm so the b-series pilot bearing can fit.

I really want this to work since modding the chassis is what I hate doing. I want something that I can swap from chassis to chassis if I have to, or replicate for someone else relatively easy. Mainly since my teg is a POS in the looks department.

crxvtec91:

--- Quote from: HiProfile on November 26, 2012, 11:19:27 PM ---Actually I was going to make two, one for each car. Making a third shouldn't be that hard. I have bolts to spare since I get grade 8's through work. The only oddball tool you have to buy is a 5/8"-11 thread tap, which I got for $10 on ebay. Then remove the bolt hole ear off the rear of the block, drill a 1/2" hole, and clearance the crank 1mm so the b-series pilot bearing can fit.

I really want this to work since modding the chassis is what I hate doing. I want something that I can swap from chassis to chassis if I have to, or replicate for someone else relatively easy. Mainly since my teg is a POS in the looks department.

--- End quote ---

Sounds good to me, keep me posted or ill text harass you :noel:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version