:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone fabricated there own gun safe type container?  (Read 2719 times)

• Certified OG
anyone fabricated there own gun safe type container?
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:12:58 PM »

these are expensive for one that doesnt feel like a cheap tool box..  i feel like i could make kind of a 3.5" long steel box out of some 3/8 steel with some heavy duty locking mechanisim and anchor it to the floor for much less then a decent $500 safe

mount it low like a chest not like a stand up, keep it ground level so fire couldnt get to it too bad in worst case.  add some kind of hidden easy unlock.. what u nigs think throw me some ideas.   

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: anyone fabricated there own gun safe type container?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 12:54:52 AM »

Get some plate from a local steel distro or scrap yard, weld together like you said, then add some internal reinforcement inside. I'd suggest it in the form of a partial shelf (slots for the barrels), gussets, and/or angle iron inside the seams in 4" lengths. Grind and paint.

The cheap locking device could be the lock used on van doors. They're designed so its easier to cut INTO the van's panels than through the lock.

If it's the size of a $500 safe, I'd say $200 in metal tops. Add a few more bones for paint and a fresh grinding wheel.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

• Certified OG
Re: anyone fabricated there own gun safe type container?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:36:19 AM »

ya that could work, basicly if its too heavy (add some sandbags or weights) so its to hard to move, too hard to pry and to hard to cut open very fast it would be as good as a $500 gun safe

id prefer somthing that opens it that doesnt require a key, in case i have to quik open it in the dark if  O0 make it past my dogs

that and if its low like lengthwise on my closet floor throw a fire blanket over it its probaly good for a short fire

i have a local huge metal supply place that charges by the pound, probly more like $150 for the steel for somthing  3.5-4ft that would hold enough
Pages: [1]   Go Up